International Paper Employee Reviews

Found 1,668 reviews matching the search See all 2,006 reviews
Sad place
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  PANovember 11, 2018
No advancement after 4-5 years in maintenance. Even with many years in the field! Very sad! Back stabbing in so many ways. Don't really care what kind of background you have forget about a raise.
Cons
Too many
productive and fun place to work..
Packer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2018
Fast-paced assembly line with 5-8 workers on each line. pleasant place to work very peaceful. organize and accurate with daily routines.Was disappointed when the assignment ended.
Ok company
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2018
Ok company just wasn’t enough work hrs or time to accumulate management poor no tranning no education knowledge of the job or discription but good job to have if you don’t have one at all
Best company I've worked for
Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 7, 2018
They were very understanding,caring, family oriented.
Very cautious about safety,loto was very important,and u were always rewarded if u did a great job
Pros
Cons
Hrs
A demanding job but the employees were the best.
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GANovember 6, 2018
Operate machinery. Gather all boxes and assemble units to be shipped. Maintained and assisted in running the machinery. Clean up during and after run.

I learned how to work with my co workers and how to be a reliable and productive employee.

Management handled day to day business of running the plant.

The difficult part about the job was trying to balance work life with personal life.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. I really liked working with the employees.
Pros
Great pay, benefits and good morale.
Cons
Balancing work and home. Difficulty of the job.
porductive work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 5, 2018
I no longer work here and a new company has since taking over but, I enjoyed working there. The other employees worked as a team and, we got the work done at a timely manner.
International Paper
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 5, 2018
International Paper was a great company to work for and I highly recommend to anyone to work for them, the management was successful and safety is their high priority. I relocated to New Mexico and was sad to leave my job that I enjoyed.
Fast paced work invironment..
Bindery Worker/assembly (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2018
I would work there again if pay is raised..i love the bindery invironment..there was no cafateria..but overall it was a ok place..it was just kinda far from where i lived.
Pros
Ok hours
Cons
No cafateria
Not good place to work
Converting Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 4, 2018
Don't work here unless you don't want to live your life at work. Tell you last minute if you gotta work 12 hours and a lot of weeks your working 7 days. Management doesn't care about their employees. They rather just run you down and don't care about your health or safety. My advice don't work here
Pros
Cons
No life, spend 7 days a week at work most of the time
Warehouse worker
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 4, 2018
I like my job its a good job for people who are trying to get there self together and it pays a good check every weekand you can even have time to get a second job even if u want to

Want to know more about International Paper?

Ask a question
Great Place to work
DCS Control Board Operator (Current Employee) –  Orange TxNovember 2, 2018
A typical day at work as an operator is to insure that all equipment is working at the desired rate. Make daily rounds and gather sample from process every couple of hours to insure test meet the goals. Issue HOT work permits and perform lock outs for equipment repair/replace.
As an Operator I have to learn the process first, where it begins and ends. Understand inner locks and what it does to prevent from damaging equipment in the unit. Advanced resources are available from a learning leader for extra knowledge. The management schedules lock outs and annual shut downs. Responsible for ordering caustic material when needed for process. The hardest part of the job would be maintaining an upset condition. The most enjoyable job is having a steady job to come to. Working with good people everyday and propping my feet up when all other chores are completed.
Pros
Level up fast
Coordinator/Driver (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SC 29440October 31, 2018
International Paper is a good place to work, like any other work environment there are ups and downs but its a good place to work. They offer good benefits and retirement package. Health insurance and Dental Insurance coverage are also offered.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Shift schedule
Great opportunity. Job security
Secondary Fiber Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Orange, TXOctober 30, 2018
They have work a lot of overtime but they do what they can, when they can, with bonuses and incentives. They really go above and beyond when the mill employees need any type of assistance. Wether it's a medical issue or a hurricane. They take care of their employees.
Pros
Shift work, so a ''scheduled'' week off every month
Cons
Forced to work lots of overtime and rarely get your long offs
International Paper is good place to gain experience and always giving back to my local community.
Control Room Operator/Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Orange, TXOctober 29, 2018
I would recommend International Paper to anyone seeking experience in refinery operations. International paper is a company willing to train an inexperienced individual with a good work ethic.
Slow paced
Wet End Corrugator Operator (Former Employee) –  Bellmawr, NJOctober 29, 2018
extremely repetitive work, mandatory OT, 6 days a week. lack of appreciation for employees. No time for family or home life. The pay is great, the union helps with job security, the working environment is over all not fun, and very loud.
Pros
A lot of breaks due to the heat
Cons
A lot of mandatory over time hours
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INOctober 25, 2018
answered phones, scheduled loads in and out of plant. Paid vendors, scheduled loads of paper in rail cars. I worked 40 hours a week and only 8hour shifts.
Pros
paid lunches and great benefits
Cons
temporary posiiton
Safe workplace
MRP Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 23, 2018
Safe environment and great workplace. My position as a MRP coordinator has be enjoyable and rewarding. The culture of IP is safety first and this is what I admire about the company. They care about the employee.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Promotions come slowly, but do happen
Terrible place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 22, 2018
Hated everyday I worked there! Was so happy when I finally left, I have yet to run into a single person where I was working at that is still working there or enjoyed working there at all.
Pros
Non!
Hours
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Kenton, OHOctober 22, 2018
12 hour swing shift plus you have to work days your off if they are short. Not a good job for a family life. Breaks are 15 minutes and one 20 minute. You get 5 through the day. Really hot during the summer and the place is known for being short staffed on the floor.
Great work at the main plant
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Cantonment, FLOctober 19, 2018
Don't waste your time with service masters, Service Masters is the little set of janitorial workers.

Most days it's great other times someone is being messy like it's highschool middle school drama.

Someone should notify the main plant to really get them on their toes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Paper. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at International Paper.

Powered by Comparably