International Paper

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Decent pay and benefits. Not much else

There seems to be a culture of disrespect towards employees. Manager and supervisors never learned how to talk to people in a respectful manner. I don't usually complain about employers but the management is definitely bad here. They take too many liberties with employees schedules but won't help when employees need a little flexibility. They seem to forget that people have lives outside of their work life. Nothing is appreciated...simply expected. The job itself is not bad.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Management is terrible. You're really just a number.

Good pay. Horrible management and staff.

Pay and schedule were great. Management was terrible. Employees were awful too. Very disorganized and blamed employees for things management should’ve been coordinating.

Toxic work environment management rewards bad workers Management doesn’t even follow their own policies they just do what ever is best for them

Stay away terrible work environment unbalanced work load the toxic employees are rewarded more than the hard workers no home life work most weekends. Smh

Pros

Cons

Too many too list

Hours are great

Management is all over the place.. no consistency. They don't prioritize safety at all. Machine does not receive proper preventative maintenance. Machine is taped and rigged together.

Pros

Lots of days off

Cons

Management is reficulous.

Productive and competent people.

Very good place to work. Management was very responsive. Very good communication with sales and management. Challenging and rewarding environment. OVERALL VERY SATISFYING.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Union workforce.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Great pay and benefits but that’s all.

The only good things about this job is the pay and the benefits. Other than that management is a joke from top to bottom. They talk about safety so much yet when there is an issue they go around it 99% of the time without addressing it because they want to push numbers.

Pros

Pay and Benefits

Cons

Everything else.

International paper

Great place to work I learned how to be a great leader learned how to quickly come up with solutions to issues that may pop up in a day to day work day

Great job

Awesome place to work, great benefits great pay all that. Have to be on your toes though with performance but that's at all jobs. Loved working for them and would go back anytime if I could.

Great group of guys I worked with loved working there but, unfortunately I had a hardship very personal which caused me to miss work. Manager and supervisor said it was OK but, turned their backs on me. Human resource is a joke.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Short breaks, health insurance, management, human resources

Keep to yourself and just do your job

Upper management runs the plant with their egos instead of those heads. Lower management has no backbone and will blame employees for any errors. Don't trust anyone in management. Anything you say will be though out the plant by the next day.

Unsafe

Unsafe and know care for human life. They donot appreciate there employees at all. Favorites with friends advance. Positions constantly cycle around. Not friendly at all.

Pros

Get paid

Cons

Selfish work place

Really Cool

The job always had OT, which is good. The job was fast paced so time came and went. The managers let you do the work without micro-managing, you know whats needs to be done.

very hot workplace, management did not communicate with employees and voices not heard

There was absolutely no communication or respect given to employees. Jobs were not trained and it was expected that someone new already knew the ins and outs of the workplace.

Pros

Monday-Friday

Cons

no opportunity for advancement, not compensated for work done

fast paced

Very fast place work co workers are the best management is good. Pay is very good as a temp you start out mid range but once hired you jump up high. Good place to work

Pros

great pay and 410k is great

Cons

insurance need to be overhauled

Fast pace enviroment

International Paper is a fast pace workplace. You work hard ,make excellent friends and respect the job and people. You learn about quality and on time responsibility.

Pros

Great pay and benefits

Cons

Short breaks until you learn the work

Over a good place to work

Over all a good place to work. Working in manufacturing there is never a dull momement. Management kept us on on our toes seeking to bring out the best in us.

Great job, poor environment.

Oversaw shift of 30 full-time employees. Performed random quality checks for the company on materials used for manufacturing and finished products.

Pros

salary is good

Cons

management works too many hours

Good company to work for.

Very fast paced environment. Great for those who are interested in manufacturing. Tough managers but great communicators. Overall a good place to work.

Pros

Good management

Cons

No real cons

this company...is a big mistake who ever wants to retire from them. after 33 1/2 years of hard labor with them. get 470.00 dls a month.worse mistake.

Working for this company for 33 1/2 years.was a big mistake .when they told me that I was getting 470.00 a month for my pension,after 33 1/2 years of hard labor..that is how much they care about their employees...who ever wants to make a career with this company....Do NOT DO IT....IT DOES NOT WORTH IT

High stress production enviroment

I would get to work around 6;15am every day,and would have a meeting at 7am. There would be meetings throughout the day and really wouldn't get my work done till 5pm rolled around. Typically stayed till 7pm everyday and worked on Saturdays. I did enjoy this job and felt very productive but was not a good balance for my family. Coworkers were equally as hard working trying to meet a common goal. The hardest part of my job were the hours I spent at the office.

Pros

Intrinsic value- felt productive and good about myself

Cons

The long hours.

great learning opertunities

run boxes learn how to run aa die cutter , print , small maitnece

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Paper. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

2.8Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss