International Rescue Committee Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Food Security Internship (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2018
During the summer of 2017, I was a food security intern for the International Rescue Committee
in San Diego, CA. My responsibilities primarily related to the maintenance of the IRC’s urban
farming operations. These urban farms are provided to the local refugee population as a means to
improve economic and nutritional security. I was engaged in the upkeep of irrigation systems,
farmers markets; as well as the development of educational programs directed at facilitating
upward mobility amongst underprivileged youth.
Strong mission and values
Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 10, 2018
People working within this organization are driven by their passion to serve vulnerable populations and help them integrate into their new environments.
volunteering at IRC
Volunteering Experiences (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2018
I really enjoyed volunteering at the International Rescue Committee. It really helps people and it was a great way of meeting people from all around the world. There was a range of diverse cultures to work with.It was a friendly environment lots of volunteer opportunities. Management was very friendly and open to hear suggestions.
Pros
Seeing children smile everyday make days extremely enjoyable
Cons
Having to witness families that came from hardship.
Productive!
Donations & Store Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 30, 2018
Awesome place to work at. You are constantly surrounded by self driven, very motivated and very motivational individuals. A very hectic environment as everything is done at a fast rate of speed.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
mission driven org
Program Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
the organization is supportive of professional development and learning, provides friendly and balanced work environment, well developed internal systems.
Long journey and rich experience
Remedial officer (Former Employee) –  Tripoli, LebanonJune 16, 2018
my day starts by visiting the field and check the running activities to ensure a qualitative implementation of the program.

I visit many centers and schools everyday to monitor the teachers and students' performance

at the end of the day I go back to my office to report and update data.
Pros
Positive workplace
Cons
short term contracts
Good
ESL/Civics Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 15, 2018
I love all the good they are doing in the communities they're in. My only issue was with my direct supervisor and that is why I left. But overall great
Pros
Flexible schedule, friendly staff
Cons
Direct supervisor was not a good leader
LOVED working here
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2018
I absolutely loved working at the IRC in Atlanta. The work environment is amazing and although the work itself was stressful at times, the office always worked and moved together as a family. I would have never have left if it weren't for the lack of upward mobility (often due to lack of funding).
good
Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 12, 2018
It was a part-time position only paid by stipend. It was enjoyable to work with the children and the program leader was pleasant. I would have liked to work full-time but it didn't work out.
I were very productiv
Pharmacy Technician / Nursing Support (Former Employee) –  In sudanJune 9, 2018
It is fine to work their good Co worker bad management with no respect but it is good to work with patient health care work is always good because you do not look the management you look the patient who suffer at the bed base of this it make you to work hard and with safety of the patient and patience means it me it my mom it is my father my children and my all family base of this I enjoyed work with the patient and patient is me my self
Pros
Cons
15 minut

Want to know more about International Rescue Committee?

Ask a question
Fun and productive
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2018
Work entailed working with children of different ages and being part of a very diverse staff.

I learned a lot about what the IRC does and how it helps refugee family and children. Being a part of that positive change was amazing.
productive based on my job description
Supply Chain Officer (Former Employee) –  Kenya, Kakuma refugee campMay 19, 2018
Typical work day starts at 0700 hrs with one hour lunch break and closes at 1700 hrs. There after one is at free will to come back at night depending on work load which in many cases is too high and one needs to meet deadlines. Lack of enough staff within the department forces one to do extra hours to meet his/her objectives.
Management in general is ok but at field level its at its worst. If you do not have a focused field coordinator then working will be difficult in the field.
Great non-profit organization
Intake Coordinator/Employment Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2018
It was a really friendly place to work in, I assisted people from various countries and helped them resettle in NY. The message that IRC works towards is amazing and the people working there are genuinely trying to make a change.
It was a project on child labour
Education Programme Officer (Former Employee) –  Lira, Norhern Uganda.May 2, 2018
It was meant to help children involved in the Worst Form of Child Labour, following the children to their labour sites and tracking them especially the ones withdrawn from the child labour.
Pros
Transport assigned to each staff for field activities.
Cons
Field activtiy throughout, day in day out.
Resettlement Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 8, 2018
Good place to work. It was a very good place to work. I liked it Everyone made me feel liked and important. There was never a problem with understanding what I had to do and people would always help me.
Good
Cons
Place to work
Great just great
Translator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 4, 2018
I had the chance to meet people from all over the world just by working there. Iraq,Congo,Italy,Spain, Mexico, I mean a lot some were just great people but I did what I do best work.
Pros
Oh yeas free lunch
Cons
45min
Multi Cultural and collaborative work place
Financial Skills Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 29, 2018
I have learned how to work in the multicultural environment and I enjoyed it.very friendly and flexible environment also the management is perfect.a lot of fun activities that I enjoyed.
inernship
Financial Analyst / Auditor Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 29, 2018
you can do as much as you can and improve your self and your skills, they are so helpful and ready to answer your questions and assign new tasks that would benefit you.
Had everything I needed career wise but fell behind being compinsated financially
Program Manager, Youth and Health (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 15, 2018
Amazing collaborative working culture, serving a truly in need population (refugees and asylees) Had the consultancy support from HQ to manage more than 12 grants, achieve deliverables on time. Amazing satisfaction to see positive outcomes with what can be considered limited funding. I have all but wonderful experiences at the IRC having my competencies utilized fully while continuously learning and advancing as a global health professional. However, fanaicial companciation failed to meet my needs and thus had to find another opportunity.
Amazing Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 2, 2018
I've always wanted to help people. Working with IRC was a dream come true. I saw all kinds of points of views. It is such a diverse population and seeing the smile on the refugees' faces when helped is the best feeling one could have.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Rescue Committee. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight