International Rescue Committee Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

LOVED working here
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2018
I absolutely loved working at the IRC in Atlanta. The work environment is amazing and although the work itself was stressful at times, the office always worked and moved together as a family. I would have never have left if it weren't for the lack of upward mobility (often due to lack of funding).
Dedcated and compationate. Assisting clients to be come quick sel-sufficient.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2017
Interacting the the clients (refugees), participating in conflict solving, managing emergencies, working in stressful environment and multi languages.

Dealing with a clients (refugees) who lost everything back home due to war or natural disaster, and must to restart over a new life from nothing.

It pays back to see above client standing on his feet, and becomes self-sufficient.
My heart is here
HEALTH & WELLNESS AMERICORPS (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2017
The International Rescue Committee will always hold a special place in my heart. The moment I walked in the front door I wanted nothing more than to be a part of their family. When I say family, I mean family. We worked as a cohesive group toward a common goal. Our hearts and souls went into helping our clients live the best lives possible in a new country. We held each other's hands and became brothers and sisters with such familiarity and ease. It is hard to explain just how amazing my experience at the IRC was to someone who hasn't lived in the quote, "When you do what you love, you never work a day in your life.". The IRC is LOVE.
Overwhelmingly Satisyfing
Resource Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2017
Working at the IRC changed my life for the better. To see the difference they make there and the heart of the people who do it was incredibly humbling. It taught me so much about the world and what was going on in it. It's a life changing experience and something amazing to have been apart of.
Pros
Meeting people from all over the world
Volunteer
Volunteer, IRC (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 1, 2017
I volunteered for the IRC office in Atlanta, Georgia for one week. I helped the New Americans apply for jobs, learn English and learn about their basic rights in the U.S.
Resettlement Assistant
Mobile Case Management Pilot Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2017
A lot of opportunities to gain varied experience. Pay is minimal. The reward of the job is great. The office culture is full of diverse fun individuals.
Good people
na (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2016
If you want to work with good, positive people who are dedicated to their jobs and come from all over the world, this is a great place to be. It is a non-profit, so salary and job security may not be as high as at other places -- but the office culture more than makes up for it.
Pros
great co-workers, good and important work
Cons
long hours at times, limited opportunities for advancement
Great work environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta , GAFebruary 1, 2015
Family friendly environment with and staffed with high quality managment skills, excellent and professionals in their job.
A Fun and Informative Workplace
Education Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2015
As an education intern I interacted with 60+ refugees daily and developed great relationships. This position gave me the chance to assist the teacher in organizing weekly lesson plans and also gave me the chance to lead classrooms of 50+ students and lead other interns of classroom duties. The experience was extremely informative as it gave a real chance at being a leader and successfully handling classroom on my own.
International Rescue Committee
English as a Second Language Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2014
The International Rescue Committee is truly one of the best places where I have been allowed to work with people from different cultures around the world. The environment is very warm and welcoming. As someone looking for personal interactions with other people, this place was the best. You get to work within close, small groups and you feel like you are truly helping someone out.
Pros
Personal interactions with clients, multiple internship opportunities in varies fields, diversified field, flexible hours
IRC of Atlanta
Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta,GAAugust 1, 2014
This volunteer/intern job gives you a great overview on the other continents of the world and how people live their life what kind of struggles they go through and such , it is a very rewarding internship.
Volunteer Work
Family Mentor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2014
It was a great opportunity to show appreciation and do something in return for the international community in Atlanta.
Intern
Resettlement Casework Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2014
Interned in resettlement casework and loved it. Fast-paced, dynamic environment. Great organization.
Family-like atmosphere
Resettlement (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2014
I love everyone I work with! They are willing to help when ever they can. The management staff is mostly supportive and open, some more than others. The hard part is the low pay for the extensive amount of work that is expected for specific departments. Vacant positions and lay offs have added to the general work load. The pay is lowest for similar positions in metro Atlanta but they offer decent medical and dental benefits and generous paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, and floating holidays) that have to be used.
Pros
Supportive office staff and co workers, generous PTO, flexible schedule when necessary
Cons
Low pay, over worked, large caseloads, no room for growth
Working for IRC, I met various communities and learned how the nonprofit organizations operate. Good communication inter-departments.
Contractor Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta /GeorgiaFebruary 25, 2014
Volunteer Teaching
Volunteer Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2013
Great experience for prospective teachers. Teachers work morning classes. Students vary in age from very young to elderly.
Interpreter/Translator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2013
I worked with diversity people whom were friendly. I learned how to interact with people in a way that makes both of us understandable and respectable.
Pros
reliable
Cons
Wonderful work environment !!
Computer Literacy Instructor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2012
Best place to feel good at work, very good management , multicultural workers and clients
Great cause
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2012
I volunteered here as an ESL instructor. I had a great time working with the refugees, but the lead instructor wasn't the absolute best. I had the feeling that that was one of the places I'd probably volunteer at for like a year and never be offered any paid position, but I gained valuable experience working there and I would recommend it to anyone considering starting a career as an ESL teacher.