International Rescue Committee Employee Reviews in Baltimore, MD

Poor intern experience
Case Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 16, 2018
It’s great if you’re looking to gain experience but don’t expect to snag a permanent position. Ideally they look to have long term interns who are content with working for free. I loved working with the families and etc but I couldn’t afford to work for free indefinitely.
friendly place
Community interpreter (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 23, 2018
it is a unique environment to work mi very happy to work with them helping people to get in the culture . they are friendly helpful people there is nothing hard in job . the most enjoyable part helping other people see them happy and satisfaction.
Had everything I needed career wise but fell behind being compinsated financially
Program Manager, Youth and Health (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 15, 2018
Amazing collaborative working culture, serving a truly in need population (refugees and asylees) Had the consultancy support from HQ to manage more than 12 grants, achieve deliverables on time. Amazing satisfaction to see positive outcomes with what can be considered limited funding. I have all but wonderful experiences at the IRC having my competencies utilized fully while continuously learning and advancing as a global health professional. However, fanaicial companciation failed to meet my needs and thus had to find another opportunity.
Yes, it's fun.
Community Gardens Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 9, 2017
A good place to work. Very interesting. Diverse staff. Fantastic communities in Baltimore to work in. This place is a dream come true for me and I enjoy the physical work, the interaction with many different kinds of people, and the daily challenge of thinking things through.
Good
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 19, 2017
Very close opportunities to get in touch with refugee clients, the collaboration between different departments within the office is close. Also the senior managers will give the interns opportunities to participate in the meeting and learn.
Great
mentor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2017
It was an amazing experience that taught me a lot about culture. Especially American culture and how the process of becoming a citizen it extremely difficult for anyone. I would do it all again in a heartbeat.
Fulfilling Work
Case Manager, Reception & Placement (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 21, 2015
Wonderful, supportive work environment. Opportunities to learn from co-workers and clients are abundant. Overall, a very worthwhile and meaningful experience working for this organization.
Machine operation, parts measurements
Ressettlement Shop Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 3516 Easter AvenueAugust 1, 2014
Report to work 6:00am every morning Monday through Thursday and clock out 6:00pm. Work under supervision within the 12 hours work day. Measure all parts produced using computer based soft ware. Report damaged parts to supervisor and packed good parts for shipment.
Learned how to use computer based software as a tool for measuring manufactured parts. Learned the essence of team work in sharing parts, specification of measurements.
Management were good for instructions and directions to learn the job which drove the learning process to where i got to.
Co-workers were also significant in the learning process especially those who were experienced.
The first ever encounter with machine operation at the beginning of this job was really challenging. But with focus and investment of efforts, the challenge turned into enjoyment.
Operating the machine, after gaining experience, became like a play and done with all simplicity.
Pros
set up the machine, measure produced parts, pack good parts for shipments
Cons
Hard work with little pay, short break (30min) in 12 hours.
I enjoyed helping the vulnerable people
Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 24, 2012
Working together as a team to support the vulnerable people was the most enjoyable moments of my career.