International Rescue Committee Employee Reviews for Employment Specialist

Great Mission, Good Workplace
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VADecember 18, 2018
The mission of the IRC is the number one reason I work here. Any workplace has its drawbacks and any job has its frustrations, but at the end of the day, I feel I am paid fairly for the work I do, and I feel like I am making a difference.
Pros
mission, culture, coworkers, benefits
Fun experience
Intern Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 26, 2018
Fun experience to meet people from the worldwide and you can talk to different people and learned their life, then help them reach the self-sufficient.
LOVED working here
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2018
I absolutely loved working at the IRC in Atlanta. The work environment is amazing and although the work itself was stressful at times, the office always worked and moved together as a family. I would have never have left if it weren't for the lack of upward mobility (often due to lack of funding).
Employment Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 21, 2017
Great work environment. Everyone's heart is in the right place. You have to have compassion and empathy, most refugees come from very harsh environments.
multicultural place
Case Manager/Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2017
good place to work where you meet people from different culture.I love discovering new things, so I was fascinated. And it is a place that you know that your help make a big difference in somebody life
Great NON Profit
Employment Specialist Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2017
I dont wanna I dont wanna I dont wanna review but this site is making me do this hahah. I am showing them who is in control. you cant ask me to do a review by force.
Productive and well organized workplace.
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 31, 2017
The IRC was a great learning experience it provided office skills as well as allowing me to work with a team. The hardest part of this job was understanding clients as most refugees didn't speak English.
Productive environment where real experience is gained
Employment Specialist/ CAM AOR Intern (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 26, 2015
Unlike other internships where it is meanial work, here there wa a lot of independant and one on one work that was often left to the responsibility of the intern to be looked at later. Hardest part of the job was leaving.