International Rescue Committee Culture reviews

Awesome
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 17, 2019
I did my internship here and got hired on when I graduated from boise state university. I enjoyed working with people from all around the world and learning about different cultures and lifestyles.
If you have a heart, you'd work here
Liaison (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2018
One needs to have the biggest heart to work here. The cause is noble and they have the smartest and most dedicated staff. The President is amazing and I applaud the many who give so much to keep the programs alive. However, as a contract/temporary staffer -- you are just that and the culture often times leaves you behind.
Great Mission, Good Workplace
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VADecember 18, 2018
The mission of the IRC is the number one reason I work here. Any workplace has its drawbacks and any job has its frustrations, but at the end of the day, I feel I am paid fairly for the work I do, and I feel like I am making a difference.
Pros
mission, culture, coworkers, benefits
Productive work place
AmeriCorps Vista Employment Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 9, 2018
a friendly environment people are willing to help one another and the way they receive their clients is warmly it does make it a place where you feel safe.
Pros
a good environment
Cons
Less pay
Meaningful work
Medical case management intern (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 22, 2018
The IRC is a great place for anyone with a passion for helping their fellow humans. The teams and individuals work collaboratively together, and the reward of assisting refugees successfully resettle is wonderful.
A good learning environment
Economic Empowerment Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2018
International Rescue Committee is a good learning environment. Managers are willing to teach and help out when I need their support. It has a diverse culture.
Great!
Grants Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South SudanOctober 5, 2018
Great place to work and good company culture. The work is meaningful and purpose driven. I am happy to have had the opportunity to work there as long as I did.
Interpreter
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 21, 2018
Working there was beneficiary for me, I gain lot of knowledge about different culture and I helped many refugees to settle down and interact with other resources
Pros
no pros
Cons
nice staff
Economic Empowerment Intern
Economic Empowerment Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 10, 2018
Maryland office. Loved my workplace, great coworkers and clients. Best job I've had, not always easy but was always worth it. Supportive non judgmental environment
Great Place
Casework assistant and Employment Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CASeptember 4, 2018
International Rescue Committee is a great place to work for. Although I was an intern, everyone treated me very well and it was definitely a pleasure to be apart of such a great group of people and the work was fulfilling.
Fun experience
Intern Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 26, 2018
Fun experience to meet people from the worldwide and you can talk to different people and learned their life, then help them reach the self-sufficient.
friendly place
Community interpreter (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 23, 2018
it is a unique environment to work mi very happy to work with them helping people to get in the culture . they are friendly helpful people there is nothing hard in job . the most enjoyable part helping other people see them happy and satisfaction.
volunteering at IRC
Volunteering Experiences (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2018
I really enjoyed volunteering at the International Rescue Committee. It really helps people and it was a great way of meeting people from all around the world. There was a range of diverse cultures to work with.It was a friendly environment lots of volunteer opportunities. Management was very friendly and open to hear suggestions.
Pros
Seeing children smile everyday make days extremely enjoyable
Cons
Having to witness families that came from hardship.
Productive!
Donations & Store Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 30, 2018
Awesome place to work at. You are constantly surrounded by self driven, very motivated and very motivational individuals. A very hectic environment as everything is done at a fast rate of speed.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great non-profit organization
Intake Coordinator/Employment Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2018
It was a really friendly place to work in, I assisted people from various countries and helped them resettle in NY. The message that IRC works towards is amazing and the people working there are genuinely trying to make a change.
Had everything I needed career wise but fell behind being compinsated financially
Program Manager, Youth and Health (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 15, 2018
Amazing collaborative working culture, serving a truly in need population (refugees and asylees) Had the consultancy support from HQ to manage more than 12 grants, achieve deliverables on time. Amazing satisfaction to see positive outcomes with what can be considered limited funding. I have all but wonderful experiences at the IRC having my competencies utilized fully while continuously learning and advancing as a global health professional. However, fanaicial companciation failed to meet my needs and thus had to find another opportunity.
Tax Volunteer
Tax Volunteer (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMarch 1, 2018
This position was a volunteer tax position so volunteers were not paid. We met people of different cultures everyday and helped them with their tax returns.
New environment
Master's Candidate Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2018
This place has grown since I have been there. I think it is a great experience and would be a totally different one if I went back now. I think for people going into Social Work this is really wonderful.
Great place to work, I was able to be learn new skills and being promoted to new positions.
Matching Grant Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33172February 5, 2018
Working at the IRC was the best experience with an employer. Despite the salary not being very competitive, the array of benefits and the relationship with all the co workers was beyond the family concept. I will deeply miss working with the IRC Miami.
Pros
Benefits, salary, office ambience, location.
Cons
Excellent room for advancement, but comes with cons
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2018
There is definitely room to advance your career here, however, the hours worked were long, especially during whatever your department's "busy season" would be. It can be very stressful work and 9 out of 10 times, I ate lunch at my desk.
The management is OK. There are good managers and some who definitely don't know how to manage their staff. The turnover rate is pretty high as well. The work environment is OK, for some reason politics come into play often, which I personally find annoying. The benefits were excellent, I never had any issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Rescue Committee. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight