International SOS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
All things considered
Dental Front Office Lead (Former Employee) –  Kwajalein Atoll, AP, 96555, USAugust 12, 2018
Working for ISOS was a good experience, there were some issues with the contract and the way it was worded. Not all things were explained fully, but overall a decent company.
Pros
The Benefits
Cons
Micromanagement
ISOS. Es la mejor experiencia
Paramedico (Former Employee) –  Venezuela MorichalJuly 18, 2018
Venezuela y paramedicos recuerdan a ISOS por buena
Pros
Es una escuela, mejorara tus habilidades.
Cons
En estos momentos no hay muchas oportunidades para trabajar con ISOS en Sudamérica.
Stressful
Offshore Medical Officer (drilling ships) (Former Employee) –  AsiaJuly 10, 2018
Working with ISOS is stressful. Managers and doctors are not that helpful because they lack the experience working offshore. Lots of things learned with safety onboard.
Coordinating Nurse (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAMay 3, 2018
Great place to work with supportive staff. Great autonomy, encourages new ideas and fosters growth. Enjoy providing assistance to our clients. 5 star.
ISOS is Great
SITE PHYSICIAN (Former Employee) –  ManilaMarch 3, 2018
The typical work day involves seeing crew at the clinic to check for vitals. As the assignment is in a construction site, we get to see mostly minor injuries from superficial cuts and abrasions to dust exposure causing skin irritation. We do get occasional accidents and triage them to the local hospital. I've learned to be ready at all times whether I'm off on standby or on call. The management is particularly watchful for our health standards as we are exposed to hazards within the work place. The hardest part of the job is to be away from family and friends for the most part. Here, I was first exposed to foreign workers from England and France learning about their culture and country. My locum in Equatorial Guinea was particularly interesting as we were instructed to make sure our doors are closed at all times. Why? Because of the snakes!!! I did not sleep a wink for the first week.
Pros
First experience to work with foreign workers
Cons
Being away from family and friends
Excellent work place
Coordinating Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 24, 2018
Great place for development. Work can be challenging and useful for skill building. There is a high rate of turn over and individuals aligned with company values and customer service are likely to advance.
Pros
Free Food, Great People
Cons
Bad Hours
Good pay, dedicated team
Nurse case manager, senior nurse, escort nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 13, 2018
International SOS is a hard working group of nurses, coordinators, doctors, and more. Everyday is fast paced and goes quickly. It is a job you can leave at the office at the end of you shift. Pay is above average and there are yearly raises. Schedule is pretty flexible, benefits are good, medical management listens to suggestions. There is a yearly allotment for continuing education and the opportunity to travel on medical transports.
Pros
Schedule, benefits, yearly raises
Cons
Na
Stressful work place, high pressure.
International Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJanuary 26, 2018
I was an International Operations Coordinator there. My day began at 7A and went until 8P, I barely looked up from my desk to go to the bathroom. There was a tremendous amount of procedures to memorize, and you had to do it really quickly. There was not real learning curve and no time to slow down a bit. You can barely get any real individualized attention. I found myself very frustrated at the end of the day, and dreading the next. You get about 50-80 cases to work on, in addition to answering new calls coming in. Everything has to be entered into the database a certain way, and there are around 10 steps at least to follow for every case. Add that to the stress of this environment--everything needed to be done RGHT NOW, and it was too much.
Pros
Lots of free food, paid lunch hour, good benefits
Cons
Stress, not enough training time, hours too long
A truly Bizarre Place...
Assistance Operations (Former Employee) –  LondonJanuary 26, 2018
Pros

Great work done on a global scale. Good people who truly believe in what they do.

Cons

International SOS is a firm that is terrified of change. They will start large internal change projects without fully funding them, or getting leadership commitment. When the initiative invariably falters there is a mad scramble at the GM and AGM level to run of cover and find someone... ANY one else to blame.

The core problem with International SOS is that no one wants to be accountable for anything,

They all want to say they are responsible for things, and they create massive nonsensical titles to show how important they are. If people at the GM level spent half as much time doing their their jobs as they do avoiding taking ownership of their jobs, the firm would be a far different and better place.

Scapegoating is in the core DNA of the firm's culture. Process consistency is non existent and if there is s global process it wont apply in areas where "certain individuals" with close relationships to the firms founders simply don't want to do it.

Advice to Management

International SOS has had it's head stuck up it's own backside for so long, that it has gotten used to the sensation, and now believes it's supposed to be that way. You need to seriously invest in systems infrastructure and start asking a lot of your mangers at the GM level what is it that they actually DO all day? The answer right now, is clearly , not much....
Pros
Global work, Good people (mostly)
Cons
Management at AGM and GM level is beyond awful.
Management needs a serious look
Sr. IT Manager, Global IT (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAJanuary 9, 2018
At how they are treating the people that make it possible for the business. There is a very poor culture that unfortunately starts at the very top and trickles down. This leads to loss of talent and good employees.
Sos
Authorization Executive (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAJanuary 4, 2018
I started my day at 8:30am and ended at 5pm. The day consisted of writing and sending authorization letters for treatment to facilities in Puerto Rico for military soldiers.

Management was as usual and the work culture was acceptable.

The hardest part about the job was meeting goals every month. You needed to have a certain amount of Authorization letter issued each month.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping soldiers receive the help that they needed for their medical needs.
Pros
Helping others, job schedule and team mates.
Cons
short breaks
Multicultural international organization. The staff is great to work with, but technology is lacking.
Consultant, Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PADecember 6, 2017
Long stressful days, especially if you work in operations. There is the opportunity to relocate as it has offices in over 100 countries. Poor work life balance and no clear cut succession or progression plans.
Pros
Multinational, multicultural, generous vacation days
Cons
Severe office politics, poor work-life balance
Standard
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 27, 2017
The standard one would expect from any healthcare institution. Culture is congruent with the culture of the city it sits in. Work day is standard. 1234
Current nurse
coordinating nurse (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAOctober 17, 2017
Best nursing job I've ever had!. I've been here for almost three years and have advanced my position. Still fast paced environment you wont be bored. You can work 10 hour days are able to make your own schedule, they match a percentage of 401K, short term disability and the ability to travel after a year with paid reimbursement. I've traveled to 3 countries. This job is what you make of it, there are many opportunities if you work for it show integrity, flexibility, excitement to learn, attention to detail and a problem solver. We truly work as a team here and I feel like its my other family.
My worst day here is my best day working at the bedside. Who would think as a RN i would have an hour lunch everyday.I will never look back!
Pros
face paced
Coordinating Nurse
Coordinatng Nurse (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAOctober 16, 2017
I've been with the company since 2011 and have grown in both my role and skill set. Yes, it is a fast-paced environment that can sometimes be stressful but I've received wonderful support from my managers and higher-ups. As a nurse, there is very little turn-over. We had one nurse leave since I began to work as a nurse practitioner and she still picks up per diem shifts. The work is interesting, challenging and always novel. As a mom the schedule is great - you don't rotate from days to nights, you pick your own schedule, and you can work 5 10s, 5 8s, or 3 13s! The holiday/weekend requirement is light and we are encouraged to take our PTO. I'd recommend it to my nursing friends!
Pros
Global work force, diversity, challenging
No job security
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PASeptember 5, 2017
This is a very hostile work place. Managers pick at every little thing. Employees do not grow in this company based on their hard work. If you want to grow you have to suck up to the Manager. Schedules vary month to month. Hours are not consistent. They are open 24/7 so employees are obligated to work at least to months of night shift. Night shifts are 13 hour shifts 3 days a week for a month straight. Saturday night are offered as Overtime however if no one volunteers someone is obligated to work that night shift. TRICARE department has as many managers and supervisors as regular employees. Employees are constantly watched and yelled at as school children. The actual job is very rewarding unfortunately the management is very poor.
Cons
Unreliable
It's very good company and great team to work with
Occupational Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Egypt, ARAugust 22, 2017
I am really proud to work with such companies
Great management, nice and supportive colleagues,
They are always working on development and training their staff
And lots of great things to say about them
Horrible company to work for
TRICARE Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAAugust 8, 2017
I have been with this company for 4 years and I am going insane looking for work elsewhere. Management are rude, not helpful, and believe they are better than everyone else. The turnover rate is extremely high. Doesn't that make you wonder? Everyone who starts ends up disappointed because it's not what you expect from a global company. You cannot go to HR about management because they will tell them. They have major favoritism and tend to promote those they prefer.
Pros
Free food when they have client tours, pretzels once a month and bagels every friday
Cons
Low pay, not flexible if you have small children, horrible managers, slow computer system
International SOS
Regional Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAJuly 25, 2017
International SOS assistance center has offices located globally.
This is a privately owned company. The corporate offices are located in Singapore. The company uses the follow the sun operational service philosophy.
Pros
Bagel Friday
Cons
long work hours can be stressful at times
Great working environment
Remote Site Nurse (Current Employee) –  AsiaJuly 17, 2017
The work is great and it comes with a few privielage however due to the nature of unpredictable schedule time with your family may be limited. In total the company was great but contracts should be discussed and renegotiated.
Pros
Reimbursible travel expense
Cons
Working schedules are unpredictable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International SOS. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight