International Wire

International Wire Employee Reviews

United States41 reviews
un cooperative management only look out for themselves will blame anyone for the problems they create have lost some good employees due to supervisors and higher up office management
Very stressful job it gets more difficult with machine operators not following procedures and poor housekeeping.

Some employees do not follow directions from management just because they know how to operate extrusion machines they think there's no other job in the universe.
Operating wire spooling machines in a very hot environment the responsibility of cleaning maintaining level spooling and quality control processes is to much for 1 person to manage
Daily operation of Kenri and Lesmo DT bunching machines, troubleshooting any mechanical issues dealing with machine functions. I was also responsible for entering data regarding product number, gram weight, and material specification.
Pros
Work atmosphere is great especially the people
Cons
Due to scheduling I wasn’t left with much time for my family.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Global company has a lot to offer but not on short term must be committed to long-term
The trucking industry is unpredictable at best long hours on the road a lot of obstacles to overcome
Fast paced competitive lots of hours hard work but lots of hours if you're willing to put in the work. Great co workers and laid back company to work for
I honestly liked working here. never a dull moment. There is so much going on that you never really get bored. the people are great and the management is also very good.
12 hours a night, six or seven nights a week and every day its harder and harder to go in. Foremans, supervisors and management lie to eachother and employees. Its a good fast paced job but alot of unneeded drama.
Pros
good friends
Cons
people take advantage of breaks and not wliling to work
i would go into work see what wire needed to be run for my shift get the right core and wire set up the machine to run and then when done i would load the machine for the next wire run
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at International Wire?
International wire is a fine place to work. I learned how to balance multiple problems at once. The hardest part is just to make a living you have to be there 6 days out of the week because of the low pay.
its just go in talk to the person you follow so you know whats happening with certain orders. Then its just run your machines and go home.
Pros
if your machines are running then its break time which could be all night
Cons
no raise opportunities and sometimes machines do not want to run and its a dead sprint for 12 hrs
Corporate isn't there for the night shift that's when things rarely get done at a pace that they're supposed to. Everybody is miserable, drama happens because there is nothing else going on.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Has the potential to be a good place to work except management does not work together and does not promote a teamwork based environment. The job overall isn't extremely hard. There is a lot to learn and is very fast paced. The hard part is trying to do a job in a workplace culture that doesn't promote teamwork and actually pits one shift against another. There is very little communication between shifts or between management.
Pros
Incentive program
Cons
no breaks, no communication, no teamwork, poor management
I enjoy the job. its very routine but fast past. I like second shift because it works with my home schedule with kids. The operation is very organized and all products need for job are always within reach. Some heavy lifting but tolerable
Pros
Shifts are good
Cons
no pay raises offered
I personally liked the physical work and the salary was pretty good considering how big of an employer they are. I personally enjoyed this job more than any others in my history.
Pros
decent pay with okay benefits
Cons
some heavylifting and conflicting personalities within the plant.
Inviting and equal opportunities. This company is well ran and on the rise in the industry. It is well managed and clean. The people are inviting and easy to work with.
Plant closure, poor management. Could not cope with competitors in the area. Night shift expected to punchout before attending training etc. Sister plant in El Paso Texas
Pros
incentive program
Cons
one second late and your incentive is reduced significantly
International wire is a good opportunity for certain individuals. It's very strenuous and the hours are long. The money they do pay for the amount of work expected is not worth it. But they do offer health benefits
A day consists of running breakdown wire through a series of dies which stretches it into a smaller gauge.Changing spools and breakdown. Cleaning scrap and stacking wire on pallets.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
They moved my job to Mexico so I really do not have much positive to say about this company. It was a scary time for me and my family. The process was not good.
This was a great place to work at. The only recommendation to the company is that they change the way that their point system is laid out. Other than their probationary period, it's a great place to work for.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Poor Management
Very strict work place, they run on a three point system. Runs into your family life as well. They have ok benefits, if they don't have enough work people get laid off and there hours cut.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
You work the shift they tell you, they can move you around to any position they want.