Interpublic Group Employee Reviews

Comfortable , but not worth it
Document Processor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 5, 2019
I loved the environment in my department, but did way too much work and had too much responsibilities for the low pay I was receiving. You get a yearly pay raise but it’s less than 15cents every time. Low pay and really no room to move up. You will need a second job if you work here.
Pros
Fun environment, pto
Cons
Low pay, uniformative management, quick to fire
Incredible Company
Financial Controller Latin America (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 3, 2019
Structured Group with clears SP&P, this company has given to me a promotion to USA being my sponsor, besides Interpublic provides me coaching. Unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to continue grown in my professional career.
Pros
Wonderful Company
Ipg
Assistant Director of Tax (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2019
Meetings, interdepartmental interface, project management, research and planning, long hours, close to home, mixed work culture, on-site perks, on-line learning.
Pros
Close to home
Start up
Principal, Product Development (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 9, 2019
Great company with intense environment. Focus was on raising capital and developing external relationships. Company acquired in 2002, resulting in departure.
Productive and fun workplace.
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2019
I would not change a thing about my experience at Inter Public Group. Everyone is very friendly, supportive and professional. The company really went out of it's way to ensure employee retention.
Very Clicky enviroment
Assistant Media Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2019
Does not care about helping you grow. When times are busy you are on your own. I was let go over B S reasoning because my director had a favorite media planner
Outstanding place to work, provided you have a second income
Production Billing Associate (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 16, 2019
I can only speak for the Omaha, NE office. All types of insurance at costs less than other Omaha corps. 401(k), profit sharing plan, FSA. 11 days PTO first year of employment. That doesn't include the annual 10 company holidays and 4 summer Fridays. There are also half-day holidays and early release Fridays. Lots of fun workday events throughout the year (e.g., pancake breakfast, health fair, Halloween floor-decorating contest, Christmas party). Casual dress every day including jeans and sneakers, walking shorts and sandals. Kitchen and small break area on every floor. Generous, grateful managers who throw mini-parties (including beer and bottled drinks) and occasional lunches. Company is growing fast but location not sustainable. Employee of the month with bonus and underground parking. Nice facility.

The negatives are uncompetitive pay. No OT. No cafeteria. No real lunchroom (fits about a dozen people). No fast food within walking distance. Not enough parking. Overcrowding. Limited promotion opportunities due to over abundance of entry-level positions.
Pros
Generously discounted insurance premiums and copays, 11 days PTO first year of employment, 10 company holidays and 4 extra summer Fridays of your choice, monthly fun activities, casual dress, great management.
Cons
Low pay compared to corporate average, no OT, no cafeteria, must drive to eat lunch unless you bring it, limited building and parking space, limited promotion opportunities.
Work hard play hard!
Production Biller (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 2, 2019
IPG believes in having a balance in the work place, work hard play hard. There were always activities that employees participated in. You were always greeted with a friendly smile no matter where you were in the building.
Pros
great benifits, employee activities
Cons
end of the month/quarter/year was very busy
IPG was diverse and interesting with a great team
Field Service and Systems Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 16, 2018
IPG had acquired JPSA and so the bulk of what I did was sustain the product on our Job Shop Floor and in our International customer base. Most prominent in our processes were Lift Off and Micro-machining. We utilized all manner of motion as the workstations we provided were frequently unique. Robots, Motion, Lasers (mostly excimer), and application requirements. Materials were also an interesting element in our Job Shop. The Team at IPG was the remainders of JPSA and they were great to work with. The attitude from most was, when complete with our job requirements, to pitch in where we could and be rewarded with a learning experience and meet a shipping obligation. The excimer product common to our applications was large/heavy and difficult to work within. The reward to figuring a solution was appreciation from any group being supported.
Pros
Diversity in the Work Stations and a great team attitude
Cons
IPG had not yet defined its intent with the JPSA acquisition.
Working at IPG
Desktop Support Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2018
Work place is very friendly and relaxed.My Co-workers are very friendly. My manager will sometimes crack a joke here or there to keep us in a good mood.
wouldnt recomend
Production Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 30, 2018
training wasn't completed, overloaded an inexperienced biller with no prior experience in billing with a large amount clients. never gave coaching on how to improve and excel in the position and then terminated after the first billing cycle alone.
Pros
great employees
Cons
some supervisors will not help you excel
always taking care of the employess
PATIENT SERVICES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 26, 2018
I was not familiar with health care before working for IPG. the training process was amazing and I was not set to call patients until I was comfortable. the company is always doing something fun and encouraging
Pros
base ball and basketball games, hoiday events, birthday celebration, floating holidays
Cons
commute
Great place to work with great people.
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHOctober 2, 2018
The time I was there it was the best job I have ever had. I had great support from supervisors who helped me learn a lot of different things. Definitely would return if possible l.
Pros
Great hours. Good pay. Even better environment
Don't EVER work here
Production Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 27, 2018
This place sucks! Supervisors talk a million miles a minute and it's hard to take notes in meetings and then they remind you that they've told you something you don't remember them saying in the first place.
Pros
Close commute
Cons
Hard
Great place to start career
Senior Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 9, 2018
Great place right out of college but lacks upeard mobility. Pay is not very competitive compared to other places. Benefits are good just not much for pay
Excellent Place To Work
Senior Production Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 27, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time at IPG - I wish I didn't have to move out of state. It is a fun,fast pace environment, excellent growth opportunities with the best benefits.
A difficult choice
Disbursements Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 24, 2018
The pros: the benefits

The cons: management, team atmosphere, stress level

My first team felt like family. Unfortunately I did have to transfer jobs and my second team was awful and the management on that team was just as awful. I ultimately chose to quit because I realized I could be treated better elsewhere. This team acted like they hated each other and their jobs every day and consistently made me feel judged, inadequate, etc. I would never return to that team. No benefits were worth my happiness. I say this was a difficult choice because the benefits were like nothing I'd ever had before, I was still close to my old team and saw them every day, and I met my best friend there. Unfortunately, these facts were not enough to keep me there.
Good working environment
Senior BPC Developer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 16, 2018
Good working environment. Less opportunity of growth. Good IT infrastructure. Flexible work environment . Work two days from home. Good benefits and good place to work
Productive fun place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2018
Good company with nice work environment. My supervisor was very ghetto and showed favoritism for his friends he got to work there. Good pay, great benefits .
Pros
Good Pay
union job
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILJuly 2, 2018
it was good to work there but got laid off, worked making tae for around the world, had nice bonus and Christmas arty every year, hours were long but job was good.
Pros
union
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interpublic Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight