Interra International

Interra International Employee Reviews

A really good environment to work in. Great company culture, coworkers are very nice and it is a regular 8-5 Monday to Friday. The office is a very open environment, no one has their own desk so it is a very sociable job. Great location, 2 minutes from the Suntrust Stadium.
Great company to work for
Company has a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere
Hard work ethics

Diversity is welcome

Opportunity to work with great people

Opportunities for growth and work mobility
Great Company and people
Even though i was not an actual employee for the company, everyone treated me like such and it helped my assistant experience. My dad needed an assistant and he was having trouble finding one so i suggested i'd do it for him until he finds the one he needs and so i did.
Interra International
Interra International, Atlanta Georgia
An International trading company specializing in sourced products.

Strict adherence to the traditional 8-5 workday
Forward thinking and People Focused
Been with the company close to 8yrs. The environment is very collaborative and team-oriented. It is an open environment, which to some can be difficult to focus, but it does encourage more open communication. The CEO is a visionary who is very invested in making sure that people are growing, improving, and engaged. Management is good, but there is always room for improvement, and the company invests a lot of time in making sure they have the tools needed. There are opportunities for growth and the team is open to working with you to get you where you want to go. When I started, there was no training or on-boarding program and now the company has that, so it is not as "sink or swim" as it was before.The company doubled in size in 2015 and has gone through a transition and growing pains phase, as all do when they grow, and I believe it is in a good place and is more unified in focus. This is a fast paced, changing environment, so if you like slow, steady, and predictable... this might not be the right place for you. This is a global company that trades food items, so you are very interconnected and dialed in with the global atmousphere, whether is it political shifts, natural disasters,
changes in food supply and demand, or changes in the way people relate to food, etc. There is always something new to learn and challenge to solve, so you are never bored. The community is very diverse and everyone is from somewhere else, which I like.
Pros
diverse, people-focused, forward thinking, creative
Cons
open air environment can be difficult for some
Multicultural environment
Great job, lots to learn, everyday there is a new challenges but the multicultural environment is a lot of fun and everyone is very helpful. If you like to be challenged and rewarded you will like INTERRA.
Exciting Opportunities / Poorly Managed
The company is comprised of some of the most talented and hardworking/knowledgeable people I have ever been with. Additionally, it is very exciting to deal with international vendors and customers and problem solve on a global scale. The problem is that there is not very strong leadership to represent logistics. In logistics you are the scapegoat for anything that goes wrong even if there was clearly a mistake on the commercial side of things. If clear boundaries were set between logistics and sales and leadership on both sides held their own people accountable, things would improve tremendously. Unfortunately, the trend has been worsening rather than improving. There are some nice things the company does, such as provide learning programs for lunch and providing birthday pto, but overall attempts to create a nice work environment will never mask the clear problems with the way things are done.
Pros
full benefits, birthday pto
Cons
high turnover without replacements
Positive Work Environment
I have been working with this organization for the past four years and I could not be happier. It is not often that you have a corporation that is equally invested in your personal and professional growth. If you have good work ethic, are driven, and a team player, you will be appreciated, recognized, have more opportunities presented to you, and you will go far in this organization. Overall, this is a fantastic company to work for and I could not see myself anywhere else.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Interra International?
Positive Workplace | Growth Potential
I have been working with this organization for the past four years and I could not be happier. It is not often that you have a corporation that is equally invested in your personal and professional growth, as well as provides you with opportunities to show your potential as an individual and teammate. If you have good work ethic, are driven, and a team player, you will be appreciated, recognized, have more opportunities presented to you, and you will go far in this organization. Overall, this is a fantastic company to work for and I could not see myself anywhere else.
Grow professionally and personally
I graduated College and came to Interra in 2011. I began working through a staffing company and became a full employee a few months after. This company and my managers have been mentors to me and I can’t stress how much I have learned and grown professionally and personally. I am constantly given the opportunity to learn new things and given an opportunity to prove my own worth. If you have a good work ethic you will be recognized and appreciated. My team members have become a second family to me and I couldn't imagine starting my career any where else.
Accounts payable
Entering invoices, expense reports or operating expenses. Managment and co-workers are very professional and great to work with. Most enjoyable part of job is being able to work at my own pace.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interra International. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2