Interstate Building Maintenance

Interstate Building Maintenance Employee Reviews

United States126 reviews
I currently am working 7 hours overnight & sometimes more when needed. I detail clean sections of a hospital by myself. For the amount of work & time I put in I believe I should be compensated more than what I am currently being compensates .
To save you some time I will keep it as short as possible. I worked there for about 6 months. Management gives you phoney job titles to make you feel special. Yet don't raise your pay but constantly press you about doing a better job when nothing better can be done. Manager makes no sense. I would bust my behind every day and yet somehow there was always a new complaint over something I had no control of.
This is a horrible company to work for I was basically let go because I was sick during covid 19 after I worked my butt off for them for 13.00 a hour... They don't care at all about the employees it's. All about money !!!
Cons
A few people did all the work while most of them got paid to do nothing, management allowed it. Employees for the Home Depot warehouse, the location I worked, were extremely inappropriate with female employees.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
They gave me a dust mop the first day and told me to dust mop all day. They do not speak English. Co-Workers speak Spanish, even the managers only speak Spanish. If you don't know any Spanish you will be lost. You don't know wats going on because they cant communicate to you correctly.
Pros
2 lunch breaks
Managers are vindictive spiteful children that don't know left from right on a good day. Team leads are gossipy children and too many are two faced backstabbers. Pays ok though.
Place is a joke. Work at Montogery Pa. The lead is no lead at all. You do not get hire there if the lead hears bad stuff about you, back when you were in high school. She tries to get all her relatives to work there. The supervisor is an hour away so she has no clue what is going on at this place. I will finish it up by saying again this place is a joke.
The higher ups have obvious favoritism. They lie about false positions and trick you. They will tell everybody your buisness and embarrass you in front of them. They are extremely absent and don't enforce rules on people they like.
Now the people who will work with you are lazy, slackers, crybabies and cheats.
Worked my hind end off and don’t get appreciation for anything. All they say is it’s not good enough when there’s nothing better that could be done. Also it’s a favoritism workplace. Some people are able to get the easy jobs but if the management doesn’t like you then you get the worst jobs. Pay isn’t good either. Not worth it for how much work you do. Save yourself, Go elsewhere! Overall just no
make sure you are on time ,like to clean, do not mine travling to different areas,can drive, also be ale to clean big areas, that is all i can tell you.
Not a great place to work.
Pay stinks. The only benefit you get is health insurance and you pay a fortune for it.

I worked at inside sales. The owner runs sales and his only sales plan is "Get big ones!" Every day he would say "Did you get one yet?" Get a clue man.

The owner/president is clueless. He doesn't even understand the basics of business. Everybody has to do it for him. He just runs around the office bugging people.

They spend a fortune making the office look gorgeous but won't spend a penny on their employees. Enjoy your $250 Christmas bonus because that's as good as it gets. Oh, and there is the holiday dinner at the country club the owner belongs to.
Pros
Pizza every other Wednesday.
Cons
Everything else.
I am a Floor tech working in West Mifflin PA

One of the best companies that I have worked for! Management is top notch, my boss gets me anything that I need to complete the job successfully.

I would recommend to anyone, working for Interstate is a great experience!
Site supervisors are expected to do three individual supervisors duties, and some departments such as human resources, duties involved hiring, pre-employment paperwork, payroll, background check. Trying to supervise, hire, maintain, build client relationships,and not to mention cleaning multiple sites, sometimes by yourself because the new crew of 10 you spent all week hiring quit in a single night, and the VP of the Pittsburgh region, Chris, states: "Get it done". Not support, no structure, no one to call in for backup because I, the supervisor, am supposed to "get it done", thanks guys!
Cons
I was a RN at DSMC for over 3 years. I enjoyed my job very much. The work environment is positive. Most employees say hello to everyone in the hallways. My unit was extremely clean.
Pros
Good vibe
Cons
Negatives include cafeteria choices & PARKING....worse employee parking ever!
The management is the worst I've ever seen on a job. Literally the two managers have been lifelong friends and are total trash. They pick favorites and let everyone they don't know do all the grunt work while the people they know get cozy jobs. I saw 4 people quit just in the month I worked there. How this company keeps getting desperate employees is beyond me. AVOID this place at all costs!
Pros
Cons
Bad management, overworked, long hours etc.
This place was awful to work at. High demands with little pay. Management was not helpful, low nurse to patient ratios. Unsafe. Merit increases were peanuts (.10) per year.
Cons
Benefits, high patient ratios
It is a wonderful hospital to learn and grow in. They have many opportunities and programs to promote education including a career ladder program that I have not seen at many hospitals that should adopt the program. What I see is loyal employees that are still there after I left the hospital due to moving 10 years ago. They are great at supporting new nurses and providing the skills needed to succeed.
Very busy with little help at times of high volume. Overwhelming at times. Much opportunity to learn. Management is not conducive to employee improvement.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Excellent family-oriented place to create a successful career. Work is challenging but worth-while and full of excitement. You won't be bored! Challenges include meeting Joint Commission standards in a demanding but fun workplace.
maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing machinery. This machinery can include factory machines, medical equipment, construction equipment, laboratory equipment, or machinery in other industries. This is a job for people who excel at working with their hands. Spending most of their day on their feet, mechanical maintenance technicians have to have a certain level of strength and mobility to work on commercial machinery. Manufacturing, construction, HVAC, and medical industries are the largest employers of mechanical maintenance technicians. They are either employed directly by a company, or they are employed by an agency and work on a per-project basis. They typically work 40-hour work weeks, but this is often exceeded when there is a heavy project load.Creating and implementing maintenance standard operating procedures based on specific machine knowledge
Troubleshooting faulty machinery and diagnosing the root cause of the malfunction using diagnostic tools and problem-solving abilities

Performing mechanical repairs using hand and power tools

Collaborating with other mechanical maintenance technicians to solve complex mechanical issues

Keeping an organized daily log of all machine maintenance and repairs
Long story short, they do not care about their employees at all. The only upside is they offer full benefits. Other than that, everyone here wants to get experience and leave. They say that its best for your emotional and mental well-being to leave ASAP!