Interstate Capital

Interstate Capital Employee Reviews

United States26 reviews
It is not often employees work for a business where there is admiration towards ownership. Interstate Capital was a demanding but rewarding job. The job itself had deadlines we needed to meet in order for our clients to have funding to conduct business operations.

Factoring is a risky business, so we had the pressure of verifying all documentation before transferring funds. Not doing so could potentially result in a loss. The work atmosphere allowed us to produce under pressure while creating a team environment . As an Account Executive I had the honor and privilege to work with the COO and owner of the company. I also had the opportunity to work with various teams within the establishment, which taught me a lot, not only about teamwork, but about the entire funding process.

Interstate Capital started as a small local business and it became a great financial establishment helping businesses grow. The company rewarded our performance, and provided us with incentives to increase our need for success. Benefits were a great perk. I regret not working for Interstate Capital. They have since sold their company to National chain. Always wishing them the best of luck.
Trabajo en equipo, ambiente dinamico, trabajo un poco tedioso pero gratificante
Flexible Hours and very family oriented company. Always inclusive and supportive. Owners were easily approachable. Company always had events that included the employee's families.
Pros
Overtime Available
Cons
No room for advancement
As an account manager, I managed over 70 accounts and verified that all my account holders were taken care when it came to their funds. ICC is a factoring company which mostly deals with trucking companies, therefore maintaining and updating accounts is very important. Daily deadlines had to be met. The hardest part of the job was to make the account holders understand why their funds were processed late or denied. Great company to work for.
Good benefits; new management team located remotely in Dallas, TX so lacked the ability to interact face to face on issues. In the process of transitioning from privately to publicly held company.
Poor management and the only way to advance was by favoritism. Many people have quit due to poor management but they refuse to fix it. There are many skilled people who have not advanced because they are not well liked by management. On top of that, they will try their best not to pay for worker’s comp, they discriminate, and if you’re a mother they might make you pump in a metal chair located in the restroom. This place is filled with great people. That’s the only thing keeping me there.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Poor management & Favoritism
Management started off okay, when handed over to someone knew - the department went to dirt. A lot of favoritism. Overall great company to work for, the upper management is amazing. HR department was horrible tho.
Pros
Good hours, good location, great benefits
Cons
Favortism, okay pay, Horrible hr
So far the greatest company I have ever had the pleasure of working for. I picked up a lot of skills in small trucking document review. For the department I was in, I would have to say that management was pretty cutthroat. Co-workers were amazing and teamwork was the departments main goal. I was unable to advance to other departments due to not having the required education. I enjoyed being able to help my other team mates and reach the goals set for the department. Co-workers were more like friends than co-workers, great environment.
Pros
Great team, growing company
Cons
advancement restrictions due to lack of education requirements for upper management positions
You don't have time to sit around and wonder, its fast paced and always busy. great environment, no stress, family oriented. I love working here my days fly by and i leave stress free
Management was not open for newer easier time consuming ideas dealing with spreadsheets created by former employees. Management was very intimidated with employees not allowing opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Management is unfair
Was hired through a staffing agency and was still in training, when they fired me. I was told I was doing really well, they need to communicate more with there trainees. Maybe if they had told me what I needed to improve on I could have done better. Don't just fire someone without giving them the chance to improve.
Pros
At the time they seemed like nice people.
Cons
But now I know they were lying to me.
great company to work for, good culture and atmosphere, love the company and the people who work there. dream job need to come and see for your self..
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
Great company to work for. Great benefits, paid time off, summer and Christmas bonuses, professional environment. 401K, medical, dental, vision, etc, etc. Great owners.
Pros
Great company!
Cons
Poor management
Get to work at 7AM, retrieve remittances for about 2 hours, then enter payments from lockbox. Afternoon start researching unapplied cash and apply appropriately. Close the day
Pros
good people
Cons
almost no time for lunch and location
I did not enjoy the work environment while a this company. Felt unappreciated. Did not feel as though this would have been a career choice. This was a just a stepping stone in life.
Able to work in a fast pace environment. Great place to work. Nice environment and love the people who I worked with. Learning new programs.
ICC is a great company to work for. All ICC employees work really hard, it is a very busy office, there is always a lot of work and employees are very knowledgeable and smart. Co-workers and management are friendly and open. Great opportunities for professional development.
Pros
Good Salary and Benefits, Friendly Management
ICC is a wonderful place to work as they take very good care of their employees to ensure a positive and healthy work environment, along with providing opportunities for advancement. ICC's services truly help companies grow, and that is absolutely the most rewarding part of working here. Knowing I'm showing up at work every day helping our clients achieve their business goals is incredibly fulfilling. All around, a great place to work!
Interstate Capital is a great place to work. I made a lot of great friends and learned a great deal about factoring. It was a pleasure working here and would definitely return if I ever needed to. I'm proud to have been part of a great team and would recommend Interstate Capital to anyone looking to be part of a great company.
The company is still run by the two men who founded it in 1993 and most of the managers have been here more than a decade, some more than 15 years, so there's a tremendous wealth of experience and expertise. I have found my colleagues to be knowledgeable and very conscientious about customer service. Our typical client is a small- to medium-sized company owner and we want them to succeed in their business, so there's a lot of emphasis on customer support.

It's a busy office with a lot going on and the days fly by. The company has grown quite a bit in the last couple of years and they are almost always on the lookout for people who are smart, hard-working, and reliable. It's a good employer with a good reputation in our community.
Pros
Good people to work with
Great place to work. The management is caring and understanding to their employees and make having a work/life balance very possible.