Interstate Chemical Company

Working at Interstate Chemical Company: 26 Reviews

United States26 reviews

Great Equipment/I had a great manager

Overall great place to work I had very few complaints. I actually miss working there . I loved my job and the manager was a good guy. He was a former driver so he knew our needs

Pros

Decent pay/Great insurance/Good Manager

Cons

None to speak of

Reactive and not proactive

Too many people in control and no one to make a decision. It's your typical family own business with the family lining they're pockets while you scrape by with the worst equipment and benefits.

Pros

Cons

Get job and you'll find out

Interstate Chemical Company insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Worst company ever!

Low wages. High expectations. Outdated benefits. Cheap company. Greedy owners. Bad training. No chance of moving up. Hostile toward hourly workers. Lots of backstabbers and liars. Executives and owners can't be trusted. Avoid this company. Terrible experience. Almost everyone who had this job quit. What does that tell you!

Pros

Absolutely not one

Cons

Everything top to bottom

Worse of the worse

Their pay is awful, they’re very cheap their “perks” are awful and out dated. They don’t care about employees they lie about pay and increases. Management is awful and make excuses for others unprofessional behavior. They have no training program so you get trained if they feel like it but are expected to know. I’ve never worked for more selfish people in my life. You can keep all the money you want but you can’t take it with you

Cons

The entire establishment

Wouldn’t recommend.

Not a welcoming environment in the least. Any possibility of growth is based on being in the right circle. Poorly run with no support from corporate.

Pros

The job itself is enjoyable.

Cons

Toxic individuals.

Good job

Not a bad place to work. Working around a lot of chemicals , the people are fair. The hours are good and the benefits are pretty good. Lots of chemicals

Management provided no direction or training. There was no documentation or leadership. When there was direction, management changed it. There was also inconsistency with the training and direction by management.

I dont care to review it

It a job Ive had for a few years in the local chemical industries I find the job to be okay the benefits are good pay is low Its located close to my home and easy to locate

Unprofessional

When you first start they're nice & professional. But as time goes on, & as another person said, they're snakes. If you don't act like them they talk about you behind your back & try to get you in trouble. Corporate does nothing to fix any issues & some management have no relevant experience in their field. There's definitely no room for advancement unless connected or family.

Disorganized to an epic level. Owners genuinely care about their people

While those in charge are truly caring people, they can be very cheap and slow to get you what you need. They are very reactive instead of proactive which tends to get frustrating. The future looks bright with a chance for the company to grow exponentially.

Pros

Caring management

Cons

Disorganized

Individual work

There was a lot of work done individually and sometimes I helped others with their job but overall I was isolated until a certain amount of work was done

Pros

Open space

Cons

Isolation

All this place is is a stepping stone til you can find a better job .

Management lies to employees about pay . tells you that this will be your starting wage and then when you get your check its differant . The employees work good together there but are poor managed . I enjoy doing my job but too much confusion and choas.

Layback environment

The dress code is casual (jeans). People are close knit. Flexible with appointments during work hours. People work together as a team. Company offers lunches every now and then to the office and warehouse. Overall great company to work for.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

No room for advancement

good place to work

management worked well with me for time off for my chilren sports schedules went to work got assignments for day and then performed work went home did some traveling for work

Think B4 you say yes

Start out going through a temp agency which the pay for what you do is horrible and on top of that you deal with Supervisors BS. If something goes wrong you gonna get the blame.

Pros

People you work with

Cons

You have to go through a temp agency

Fast paced work environment.

Enjoyable people and work place. Training available for new software and IT support always quick and helpful. Most departments interface well together. Management cooperative with personal time.

Cons

No room for advancement or overtime.

Good profesional work place

This was a great place to work. Everybody was really nice and respectful. The owner definitely knows the business and is great at helping an employee succeed.

Prehistoric

Company operates as though still stuck in the 1980's. Sales not truly in control of territory or pricing. Pricing is done manually which takes away from sales time.

Cons

Pay, Management

Well run company

Interstate chemical was a fun company to work for enjoyed dedicated runs knew when I was getting home and when I went to work recieve several safety rewards

Pros

Home time

Cons

Older equipment

Challenging and interesting place to work

Challenging and interesting place to work. Supportive management. A lot of variety in work. Excellent safety standards.

A well-managed establishment, that treats its employees like family

A typical day at work is filled with exciting and new opportunities. My day begins at 7:00am and is filled with changing circumstances that keep the job fun and exciting. Since my employ, I have learned to problem solve and meet challenges head on, regardless of the level of difficulty. "I don't know" is never an acceptable answer and meeting our quality policy is expected at all times.The management staff at Interstate Chemical Company work together as a cohesive team, inspiring each other to succeed and maintain our quality policy. Co-workers are respectful and professional, making the job that much easier to be a part of. The hardest part of the job is the speed at which we are required to work. Multi-tasking is not only expected, it is required on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job are the friendships that I have acquired, as the employees are considered the greatest asset that we have of all.

Pros

Employees, break room, snack bar

Common questions about Interstate Chemical Company

Answered by current and former employees at Interstate Chemical Company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interstate Chemical Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits