Interstate Chemical Company

Interstate Chemical Company Employee Reviews

Overall great place to work I had very few complaints. I actually miss working there . I loved my job and the manager was a good guy. He was a former driver so he knew our needs
Pros
Decent pay/Great insurance/Good Manager
Cons
None to speak of
Their pay is awful, they’re very cheap their “perks” are awful and out dated. They don’t care about employees they lie about pay and increases. Management is awful and make excuses for others unprofessional behavior. They have no training program so you get trained if they feel like it but are expected to know. I’ve never worked for more selfish people in my life. You can keep all the money you want but you can’t take it with you
Cons
The entire establishment
Not a welcoming environment in the least. Any possibility of growth is based on being in the right circle. Poorly run with no support from corporate.
Pros
The job itself is enjoyable.
Cons
Toxic individuals.
Not a bad place to work. Working around a lot of chemicals , the people are fair. The hours are good and the benefits are pretty good. Lots of chemicals
Management provided no direction or training. There was no documentation or leadership. When there was direction, management changed it. There was also inconsistency with the training and direction by management.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
It a job Ive had for a few years in the local chemical industries I find the job to be okay the benefits are good pay is low Its located close to my home and easy to locate
When you first start they're nice & professional. But as time goes on, & as another person said, they're snakes. If you don't act like them they talk about you behind your back & try to get you in trouble. Corporate does nothing to fix any issues & some management have no relevant experience in their field. There's definitely no room for advancement unless connected or family.
Was told I was to be doing basic material handling/dock work( forklift etc) From the very beginning my coworkers would often try pressuring me into doing things that weren’t part of my job. Such as handling various chemicals. I wasn’t getting paid chemical operator pay, nor did I even want the position. It’s not worth it..the training was very sketchy and questionable. Management wanted to cross train you in everything but not give you any pay raise This company will lie to you. You have a few good guys but mostly all snakes. here.
While those in charge are truly caring people, they can be very cheap and slow to get you what you need. They are very reactive instead of proactive which tends to get frustrating. The future looks bright with a chance for the company to grow exponentially.
Pros
Caring management
Cons
Disorganized
There was a lot of work done individually and sometimes I helped others with their job but overall I was isolated until a certain amount of work was done
Pros
Open space
Cons
Isolation
Management lies to employees about pay . tells you that this will be your starting wage and then when you get your check its differant . The employees work good together there but are poor managed . I enjoy doing my job but too much confusion and choas.
The dress code is casual (jeans). People are close knit. Flexible with appointments during work hours. People work together as a team. Company offers lunches every now and then to the office and warehouse. Overall great company to work for.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No room for advancement
management worked well with me for time off for my chilren sports schedules went to work got assignments for day and then performed work went home did some traveling for work
Start out going through a temp agency which the pay for what you do is horrible and on top of that you deal with Supervisors BS. If something goes wrong you gonna get the blame.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
You have to go through a temp agency
Enjoyable people and work place. Training available for new software and IT support always quick and helpful. Most departments interface well together. Management cooperative with personal time.
Cons
No room for advancement or overtime.
This was a great place to work. Everybody was really nice and respectful. The owner definitely knows the business and is great at helping an employee succeed.
Company operates as though still stuck in the 1980's. Sales not truly in control of territory or pricing. Pricing is done manually which takes away from sales time.
Cons
Pay, Management
Interstate chemical was a fun company to work for enjoyed dedicated runs knew when I was getting home and when I went to work recieve several safety rewards
Pros
Home time
Cons
Older equipment
Challenging and interesting place to work. Supportive management. A lot of variety in work. Excellent safety standards.
A typical day at work is filled with exciting and new opportunities. My day begins at 7:00am and is filled with changing circumstances that keep the job fun and exciting. Since my employ, I have learned to problem solve and meet challenges head on, regardless of the level of difficulty. "I don't know" is never an acceptable answer and meeting our quality policy is expected at all times.The management staff at Interstate Chemical Company work together as a cohesive team, inspiring each other to succeed and maintain our quality policy. Co-workers are respectful and professional, making the job that much easier to be a part of. The hardest part of the job is the speed at which we are required to work. Multi-tasking is not only expected, it is required on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job are the friendships that I have acquired, as the employees are considered the greatest asset that we have of all.
Pros
Employees, break room, snack bar
Everyone is for the most part easy to get along with, benefits are good and job is straightforward most of the time. Learn alot about the chemical business as well as a normal shipping/receiving warehouse environment. Pay could be better for working around dangerous chemicals but the benefits are not bad for an entry level job.