Interstate Hotels & Resorts
66Average

Interstate Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA15 reviews
Company ownership and management changes are difficult to navigate, but in general hotel teams are like family. Monthly reporting and meeting requirements very time consuming.
Pros
Good travel benefits, employee cafeteria, good hotel environment
Cons
Hotel Pay, Reporting, Change Change Change
All my experience with Interstate from the first interview, the whole 17 working years till my last day were simply wonderful.
Interstate gave me a great opportunity to learn, develop and experience new skills. I met fantastic people, incredible professionals and great leaders.
Pros
Very comfortable and professional environment.
Cons
My job is 90% travel. My days are not typical nor are they routine. Depending on my assignment I could be packing boxes for shipment or training new IHR associates the accounting process.

Task force has taught me so much. I have the PMS experience because of the various brands that I have been assigned to.

Through all of the IHR associates that I meet and have met I always pick up knowledge and I take it with me whether it is a small thing or at time big things.

The hardest part of my job is knowing when to disassociate. When I leave a task force job, a transition in, out, or just training someone I always want to be there for guidance. I do feel that it is my responsibility to do everything that I can to make sure an IHR associate succeeds at their job. I have a hard time with disassociating, I firmly believe in team work.

What I find to be one of the hardest parts of my job it is also the most enjoyable. I find helping associates whenever I can is one of the best things that I can do. Again nothing gets done without teamwork.
Pros
Unlimited resources for help and the benefits
Cons
With all of the changes happening so quickly sometimes the communication is not there
Fresh fruit provided daily. The kitchen has a great atmosphere with the music system and a view of the Airplanes taking off. Metro accessible. Company provides metro fare assistance and paid parking.
Pros
Very talented people works for Interstate
Cons
Company is not doing enough to keep these talented people
The most enjoyable part of the job was the type of work I was doing. It allowed me to use my technical and creative sides. In my next job I would like to avoid the politics.
Pros
Cons
I do not want to trash a previous employer
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
A typical day was always getting the mail, making copies for the new hotels joining the company, dealing with emails requesting COI, I learned a lot with that job, there was never a dull moment. The hardest part of the job was policy renewal season, enjoyable part of the job will be the time I was getting ready to come home.
Pros
Friendly atmostphere
Cons
I can't think of any
There are long hours with not much recognition, unless you are one of the favorites. Management is impersonal and unprofessional with little to no leadership skills. Interdepartmental communication is terrible. No accountability and no direction.
Pros
Non to list
Cons
Low Wages, Low Morale, No Opportunity for advancement
The corporate team based in Arlington has a stressful work environment. They don't value work life balance on a department level. I see a younger workforce that enjoys more flexibility and not sure Interstate can compete with what other companies offer in that respect.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No work life balance
Great company to worked for. Given a chance to moved up the latter with them. Listen to my opinions and my ideas within the company. I felt that the company overall gave people the ability to enhance their skills with a open mine and gave us the opportunities to cross train into other department which in turn approve my stocks as a manager
Many great advancement opportunities for the field associates especially. There are so very many great people to work with here.
Great corporate environment with professional experience
Nice working environment
Very quiet and independent workplace

Location is convenient to the metro and major highways
Pros
very quiet and focused group
Challenging work but rewarding. Management structure is a bit confusing. But overall a good company to work for. I would reccommend it to someone who is on their first job looking to do more accounting wise.
Pros
a lot of opportunities to develop team morale.
Working a Interstate is like being around family all day. Everyone is there has been there for some time and they celebrate everything. Wheather its a birthday or baby shower they really spread the love on thick. Our environment is ever changing in that we have hotels come and leave every month. The help desk is very fast paced. Supporting that many users and hotels becomes over whelming at times.
Working at Interstate Hotels and Resorts has had its positives and negatives. A recent hire might fall in love with the enviorment here but anyone that has been here several years will understand some of the major flaws especially in the IT department. The enviroment has been way to laid back this may be good for someone who wants to enjoy the last couple years of their career but for anyone looking to develop as a professional it stifles their improvement immensely. Management shows no direction and often flip flops on where they want their department to be in the future, this may change with the addition of a "REAL" CTO (chief tech. officer)
Pros
very flexible work enviornment, great co-workers and
Cons
very little room to grow, no training and no school re-imbursement