Interstate Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Depends on the property you work for...
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 8, 2018
All properties are different... It starts from your leadership this will drive the associated to go above and beyond. Retention is key for a large property, you spend more time at work you should feel like family.
management can make or break your employment
waitress (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 5, 2018
absolutely loved working at the Garden Inn. Everyone was friendly and appreciative. The place was clean and organized. Then management changed and I would not recommend anyone work in food and beverage. The lack of respect, communication and common sense is baffling.
Cons
Management is unprofessional
No review
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHOctober 28, 2018
Non disclosed, But as a whole I positively enjoyed my work experience with this company. Company wise, I have no negative responses. Internally, I chose not to disclose on this platform.
It sucks
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 21, 2018
Management sucks workload is way to much for what you get paid would not recommend working here they treat their workers like slaves never have time for break
Cons
Management sucks
Poor management, always understaffed, no appreciation
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 21, 2018
Lots of overtime hours available if you enjoy working 10 hour shifts, never enough housekeepers to complete jobs do everyone ends up having 20-30 rooms per day. Managers are rude and never appreciate the hard work everyone does.
Pros
Job security, never have to worry about loosing your job because there’s never enough workers as is
Cons
Management, poor comunication, lack of respect
Creative workplace
Director of Engineering (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 18, 2018
Great company to work for with focus on advancement and driven teams. Having all the tools to perform duties is a plus. Workplace safety is always taught and adhered too.
Pros
Great Bosses
Cons
Poorly managed properties with even poorer Upper management
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2018
I was previously employed with WLS and was transitioned to the Interstate portfolio when they acquired RLJ hotels. The transition was far from smooth. We were provided little to no information form either company. Once on the Interstate side of things there was ZERO corporate accountability to the hotels. When seeking answers we had very few people to reach out to. Many hotels were left understaffed due to managers leaving the company. We were not provided with adequate and realistic financial goals to run the hotels properly.

They also have zero chances for satisfactory upward mobility. Its really the blind leading the blind.
It was a fun place to work
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 14, 2018
We had a good team environment that was enjoyable to work in. We always made the best of our time spent with our "work family". We always received great recognition for special occasions and holidays.
Horrible work environment and unprofessional management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 13, 2018
In the little time that I worked here the turnover rate was insane! I witnessed 3 different people leave to my knowledge, it was probably more than that. The management gossiped constantly and treated the employees who are honest with them so rude, which made working there very uncomfortable. The management treated a lot of guests unfairly and were very rude to a lot of guests with pets, even though pets were allowed at the hotel. Overall the most stressful work environment I've ever worked in. I had to quit on the spot due to the chaotic and unhealthy environment of working here. I will NEVER work with this chain again.
Pros
delicious lunch and descent discounts
Cons
horrible management, short staffed, horrible hours
strictly work
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Amesbury, MAOctober 11, 2018
Other than the few people that actually treated me as i should be treated, most of the time I was being treated as a child. Instead of the manager coming to me with problems that he had with my work, he'd have someone else come and tell me.
Pros
Great employees, free breakfast.
Cons
Bad management, bad work environment
Not very busy but seems busy due to short staffing.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 8, 2018
Poor management! Chef only there for pay check, spends most of his time outside smoking. Sous Chef has no cooking or sanitary experience. Neither has people skills so cooks often quit. The HR director is no help to associates, she stands behind the chefs.
Pros
Free Meals in cafeteria
Cons
Cafeteria food is always in the temperature dangerzone or expired.
No union. Management sucks
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYOctober 2, 2018
Management sucks. No Union. Manager talks to employees any type of way. What a Pain and Stressful. Good pay though. Have like 15 min per room. I have never been to a job, management talking down on you or treating people so mean.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Management. No union
Do not work here at all.
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 1, 2018
Too many changes and management makes one feel like they are nothing. Horrible experience. Plus the workers are violent. They have no respect for management. Unless you want your car damaged do not work here.
Pros
Cons
Workers are violent
Absolutely Awful
Management (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 1, 2018
Interstate Hotels & Resorts does not invest time and money into their employees. Our property was extremely understaffed due to the ridiculous budget that was provided. There were months were we were told not to order anything and save money and cover every single issue from a guest who just ended up screaming at our hourly employees. An absolute nightmare! Management worked 12 hours per day just to get through.
Interstate Hotels & Resort is one of the best corporations to work
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Dana Point, CASeptember 30, 2018
Excellent corporation to work, great benefits and opportunities to grow.
My career started as a Housekeeper/Dishwasher and along the way I have the opportunity to learn and grown within the company.
Pros
Comparable benefits
Fast Pace Hotel in the downtown milwaukee area
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 25, 2018
This is my first full time Job as a Assistant Housekeeping Manager and I Love It It Has taking me about 1 full year to step into the day to day operation of this postion. Ready for more owe department is what going after right now.
Stress
Banquets and Outlets Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 10, 2018
In my experience, this company is all about the bottom line. Almost all aspects of the hotel ran a skeleton crew which led to stressful work environments more times than not.
grand rapids airport holliday inn
Engineering Technician II (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 8, 2018
Management is not professional with different career backgrounds.They dont have knowledge and they dont care for the employees. With one hear there has been a change in 100 new employees people come and go with that said in the last one month 20 people left and also raises are in pennies. I was in the Maintainence departments but I was doing housekeeping and etc .But they are really mad if you dont want to do rooms and you had to do it there are no exceptions .After one year I have decided to leave interstate it is the fault of the management not intersstate they have hired wrong people and the outcome of that is people leaving after 2 days of workThe communication is below 0 because they never have time.Over all management is bad I mean below worse I have never experienced a bad management in a company like I have experienced here.They dont know what they are doing .None of them .After I have received 2 times the best employee I have given my 15 days noone cared that I am leaving and they dodnt even want to talk to me and try to resolve the problems .
Pros
Cons
everything possible
Absolutely not
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MISeptember 7, 2018
It was two different worlds there. If you worked in the main hotel, the part where visitors and guests visit, it looks and functions like a great hotel. The part you don't see, like the kitchen or laundry, is terrible. High turn over rate, terrible hours, awful work conditions. The pay rate for laundry was a joke for all the work you're expected to do. It was horribly hot, hostile staff due to poor management, no advancement and no clear direction of day to day operations. The paid lunch was pitiful. The bathrooms and locker area looked awful. Not clean at all. I would not recommend working there unless you work upstairs in the main hotel.
Pros
Room discounts
Cons
Pretty much everything
Great place to work and grow
Assistant Director of Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 4, 2018
Wonderful company to work and grow. Great overall management, let you do your own thing that is best for the business you are really treated like an business owner running your department.
Pros
Great pay and good management
Cons
Limited full services large hotels

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interstate Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight