Interstate Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Stress
Banquets and Outlets Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 10, 2018
In my experience, this company is all about the bottom line. Almost all aspects of the hotel ran a skeleton crew which led to stressful work environments more times than not.
grand rapids airport holliday inn
Engineering Technician II (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 8, 2018
Management is not professional with different career backgrounds.They dont have knowledge and they dont care for the employees. With one hear there has been a change in 100 new employees people come and go with that said in the last one month 20 people left and also raises are in pennies. I was in the Maintainence departments but I was doing housekeeping and etc .But they are really mad if you dont want to do rooms and you had to do it there are no exceptions .After one year I have decided to leave interstate it is the fault of the management not intersstate they have hired wrong people and the outcome of that is people leaving after 2 days of workThe communication is below 0 because they never have time.Over all management is bad I mean below worse I have never experienced a bad management in a company like I have experienced here.They dont know what they are doing .None of them .After I have received 2 times the best employee I have given my 15 days noone cared that I am leaving and they dodnt even want to talk to me and try to resolve the problems .
Pros
Cons
everything possible
Absolutely not
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MISeptember 7, 2018
It was two different worlds there. If you worked in the main hotel, the part where visitors and guests visit, it looks and functions like a great hotel. The part you don't see, like the kitchen or laundry, is terrible. High turn over rate, terrible hours, awful work conditions. The pay rate for laundry was a joke for all the work you're expected to do. It was horribly hot, hostile staff due to poor management, no advancement and no clear direction of day to day operations. The paid lunch was pitiful. The bathrooms and locker area looked awful. Not clean at all. I would not recommend working there unless you work upstairs in the main hotel.
Pros
Room discounts
Cons
Pretty much everything
Great place to work and grow
Assistant Director of Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 4, 2018
Wonderful company to work and grow. Great overall management, let you do your own thing that is best for the business you are really treated like an business owner running your department.
Pros
Great pay and good management
Cons
Limited full services large hotels
Untapped Potential
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 3, 2018
Interstate took over from the previous management company. While there is so much potential in the staff who haven't already run for the hills , that potential will never be realized with the current management teams. There are lots of people in charge but absolutely no leadership. Most of the staff who remain are all burned out and are simply getting a check and going through the motions and it shows. The hardest part of this job is figuring out which face your coworker is wearing that day. These people are not your friends.
Pros
Hotel Discounts, minamal effort to keep job
Cons
Unqualified Leadership, Inappropriate office relationships that effect promotions
Ok could be better
Recieving Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 23, 2018
Interstate hotels took over our prior management team , so I would say in the time I spent with them { almost 2 years } I would say is ok they have a little more flaws then expected . I feel they can give more support to their employees.
Pros
Motivator
Cons
No support
Productive workplace
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 23, 2018
Interstate is an awesome place to work and to establish a fulfilling career where the salary and wages are competitive for the work and for the geographical area.
Fun things to work good opportunity good learning experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 14, 2018
Good opportunity good learning experience I had a good boss fun coworkers all you have to do to succeed is go to work on time smile bee-friendly do what you're ask to do never say no
Best Hospitality Management Company in the World
Area General Manager (Current Employee) –  Bentonville ArkansasAugust 12, 2018
Best Corporate Support a Management company has to offer. Corporate always looks out for all their associates.

Company has expectations that are realistic and is always looking to advance technology and grow there portfolio with the right hotels in great markets.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Not one that I know of
long hours no appreciation
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 12, 2018
worked at courtyard Marriott for 3 months. got terminated right before my 90 days. which as a full time employee, i would have got benefits then. i worked my butt off 6 or 7 days a week. minimum of 10 hour days. they expected you to clean 25 rooms a day at least by yourself but then get frowned upon for overtime. i didn't mind the job but i would never work for this company if asked again.
Cons
no breaks
Fast growing company with advancement opportunities
Area Corporate Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2018
Fast growing company with advancement opportunities, has many branded and independent properties in its portfolio.
Company is very much in to nurturing talent and providing advancement opportunities.
Money driven management company
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 6, 2018
Job atmosphere changed as soon as Interstate took over management of the property. They started getting rid of positions altogether, and looking for any excuse to let go of workers. Very clearly driven by money and greed. Supplies and inventory for hotel compared to previous management company was atrocious, and there was never enough of something. With Interstate, you get the feeling that its not if you get let go, but when.
Cons
Poor management, stressful work environment
Not a good company to work for
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2018
This company provides not motivation for the employees. They overwork employees and simply don’t care about them. HR does not care. No birthday parties. The worst experience
Pros
N/a
Good company
Alaska (Former Employee) –  AlaskaJuly 13, 2018
Good company with a lot of advancement opportunity. Management very results and revenue driven.Sales incentive program is hard to achieve, but if you do, you go on a cruise.
the worse place to work at .
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bell, CAJuly 10, 2018
worse place I ever work at interstate hotels is a very good company but the bicycle hotel is a shame to carry that company's name .room attendants get treated the worse I've witness it and I couldn't believe it .the worse is what I can say about this place .
Steer clear!
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 9, 2018
Very poor management with interstate. Horrible place to work for. No matter what your employment status is your hours are not guaranteed. The management staff are rude, unorganized, and simply put don’t care. Steer clear of this company unless you want to get screwed!
Benefits
Cons
Lack of hours, poor management, no work life balance
Started off good then went downhill
Server in Resturant (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAJune 30, 2018
They promise you the world to get you in the door then take everything away. When I first started working for them I was working 8 to 9 days straight without a day off. Now I can barely get 20 hours in a week and I’m a tipped employee so if customers are being cheap that week I can’t pay rent. Poor communication from management. The place is a mess in Gettysburg and they wonder why their employee turnaround is fast. It’s because everyone knows the place needs help in every aspect.
Pros
Free food during shift
Cons
Everything else
Good Place
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 29, 2018
Good place to work and move up. Training was ok, and the working days were long. Sometimes management did not care about the employees I felt, but overall not a bad place
Pros
Free Lunch
No good
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Courtyard by galleriaJune 9, 2018
does not have good managers do not care for their employees
Poor management,stressful,and etc
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TexasJune 7, 2018
Interstate Hotel at the Downtown Fort Worth, Texas location is so unprofessional, poor management, and it's a stressful environment.Management think they can talk to you any type of way and that's so untrue,because they feel as if you need a job. HR doesn't care, because they know some of the management personally.This hotel left a bad taste in my mouth because I have never seen a business operated like this. They need a undercover boss type deal where they go in and work and nobody know that it is a boss.
Pros
Free lunch and tips
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, and stressful work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interstate Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight