INTERSTATE WAREHOUSING

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Fast Paced

they do give you ample time to get acquainted with the forklift and practicing pulling thousand pound pallets from 35-40 ft in the air before you start doing it on actual product, it’s super cold it’s -30° they give you give you hot hands at the beginning of every shift, the money was great with the exception of working 70+ hrs a week in the freezing cold it screws with your head and get depressed from being so cold for so long the only reason I stayed as long as I did was because of the guys I worked with were super cool and funny but the managers for the different shifts sucked and belittled you if you didn’t understand something

Pros

Free safety lunches at the end of the month

Cons

short breaks

Stay away badly ran

Your pointed & written up for everything literally everything micro manged if you go to the bathroom its being tracked no advancement unless bachelor degreee they make up rules on the fly

Pros

Cons

Everything benefits suck to earn pto every 3 months

Stay away if at all possible

Like any other place they promise advancement and bonuses and thing's like that. It never happens. They also will fire you without warning. Bottom line is it a freezer warehouse with a revolving door for employment. I have seen guy's that have worked there for 10 year's get fired like there a new hire. I myself worked there for 4 year's and never really enjoyed it. If you can avoid it stay away there are other job's that are way better management wise.

Pros

Co-workers not management

Cons

Short lunches and breaks and management

Good job for the right person, good pay.

Good pay for the work. Strict production goals, not meant for everyone. They have no problems firing you for not hitting goals. They have dedicated trainers who basically just keep the doors revolving with new people. Training is hit or miss depending on the trainer or your aptitude and experience. It's cold storage and warehousing. If you're picking, you'll find yourself competing for your job. Most other positions don't have a production quota to hit.

Pros

Good breaks, Great pay, Flexible Schedule.

Cons

Long hours in cold, way too many forklifts for the space.

Great entry level management position

Great place to get experience in management. Because it is frozen food, job security is high. Highly experienced management team that supports you as you manage others.

Pros

Prizes

Cons

Freezer work

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Not a bad place

Not a bad place to work for a little. Cold gets to you after a while but it’s worth the money. I’d go back if I had too. Not a terrible place but wouldn’t plan on long term advancement, just isn’t m there.

Good place

It's a good place to work gives you lots of opportunities to earn money you'll have long days I enjoyed my experience working there management is good too.

company is garbage came in let go guys with 15 years cut insurance next day

they called in the senior employees who have been there years making descent money fired them and cut insurance the next day so they could hirer cheaper labor ... absolute piece of trashcompany and management !!!

High turnover

Always shorthanded, they blame the veterans over everything, people dont last beacuse is poorly managed, Overall not recommended to anyone, only if you have no other choices

Perfect dead end job

Dont get your hopes up for anything about this place. They will use you up and forget about you. Turnover rate is extremely high. They say its a family like company but that is for upper management. No room for growth they dont promote from within. They operate by favoritism. Overal rating of operations 1/5

Rules on the fly

It's not a bad place to start out a career as long as you can stand the cold. They do company outings like Christmas parties and last year we were going to go to the children's museum but due to covid that idea got put on hold. Every once in awhile do cater lunch to employees. They make up a lot of rules as they go. Benefits or kind of expensive.

Pros

Minimal supervision

Cons

Management is out of touch

I Highly Wouldn’t Recommend This Place

I would advise anyone who is looking to apply to this place to reconsider management is the worst I’ve been around there is no training no communication, they don’t care about their workers or their safety or well being if you are uncomfortable with a task they don’t care no benefits until 90 days you have to sully your own or buy freezer composite toe boots if your let go before 90 days they won’t reimburse you it’s cold except you to hit unreasonable goals people don’t stay long here this has to be the worst company I ever been with by far they have no integrity or standards please stay away

Pros

Cons

Management, culture, training, Communication

Can be good to get you on your feet, wouldn't put all my eggs in this basket though.

It's a fine enough job if you don't mind 0 to -5 degrees (not every location is that temp but the one I'm at is) which can really weigh on you, especially if you strongly dislike the cold like myself. You will likely start as a runner, an incredibly simple job which is an issue for some because of the massive amounts of boredom. The pay is pretty competitive but you will be there all the time if you're on first shift. 56 hrs a week is pretty common even when its unnecessary which can be very frustrating. This is mostly just an issue with first shift. Also, most higher ups seem to be out of touch with the work in the warehouse because they base opinions on how the warehouse was many years ago if they were ever in it to begin with, and in a rapidly expanding business every year is vastly different. This will likely cause some headache when trying to create an understanding with superiors. The rate system is often counter intuitive and does more to create mistakes others have to fix than creating actual efficiency. Almost never promotes from within, at least not from what I saw.

Pros

Pay is good with two 30 min breaks, and bathroom breaks are never questioned.

Cons

management, work life balance, taxing on mental state if being cold really affects you.

Ot mandatory and you have to make your production

Dress warm it’s a cold storage. Very competitive. It’s a cool place to work. Must make your production or you will receive a write up. 12 hour shifts four days a week and also overtime.

Pros

Quarterly bonuses

Cons

Production is not always calculated accurately

Good place if you have a degree. No degree? You do not matter to them.

Former employee of 10 years. I left for a better opportunity and I was just dropped like I was nothing. 10 years and no thank you or anything. I ran a shift for 3 years and was always replaced by a newly graduated person with no experience and who had to train them? Me. Not a respectful company and management at the indy location is atrocious and degrading. If you just need a paycheck and no intentions to move up it is a great place to work but the culture here is terrible and turnover is ridiculous. No one should be treated like I was treated. This place killed my mood everyday, unhappy every day, I now have depression and being treated because of it.

Pros

The pay is good if just needing a job.

Cons

No career advancement, can be there 10 years and know more than your superiors and get treated poorly.

Very productive

You had preform to reach a certain rate by the end of the shift which I think is motivating in its own way. Great pay and benefits. It’s cold but they provide all the coffee and hot chocolate you need.

Pros

Two 30 min breaks and an extra 15 mins when you work overtime

Cons

Not knowing if you have to stay for OT until the end of the shift, then getting pointed if you’re not able to stay for a legitimate reason.

Pay

pay is good, its paid the bills!! split days suck felt like i was always working.. They need way better PPE for freezer. They Need new forklifts!.....

Solid job

Worked here for a month but got a better opportunity after 5 weeks but I enjoyed my time there. Great management and people are held accountable. Numbers were easy to hit as well just don't be lazy....

Pros

Money and schedule is solid

Cons

Cold

Productive fast paced

The job itself isnt to bad most of the people are nice I havent really been here long enough to know to much about it the pay is good once you get used to the cold it's not so bad

Pros

Pay

Recieving Clerk

Ok place to work, management is real bad from the warehouse to the office. everyone that works in the office quit because the office manager is evil..

Pros

Monthly lunches for safety goals

Cons

Poor management, will feel stressed everyday

Good job

I worked there for a little bit over a year. Good job. Could be more diverse. I worked in the dry warehouse after 6 months. The freezer is will everyone will start at though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at INTERSTATE WAREHOUSING. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare INTERSTATE WAREHOUSING with