InterSystems Corporation Employee Reviews

Interviews were far better than the actual work experience
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 29, 2018
Company culture is very odd. Clinical software product needs much improvement. They desperately need a dedicated UX department, not just a group of clinicians who think they can design software.

Open work areas are the worst, especially for writing/programming. Company tries to do extra things for their employees but management falls short on teaching, listening, and supporting. Managers pick favorites.

Business casual dress in high tech is ridiculous.

Working from home (and casual dress) is frowned upon
Pros
Free lunches, pay, benefits
Cons
Culture, management
Fun place to work
Linux Administrator / DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 15, 2018
To start with, the most amazing part of this company is it does not let you feel like you are a employee. Not sure how she manages to make sure each of us are being noticed, acknowledged, appreciated. Best HR i have ever worked …
poor management
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 6, 2018
poor management since being taken over by competitor. has horrible culture. and is considered a boys club for management. Some hard working employees, some are useless and do nothing of any benefit, just paper pushers.
Intersystems is no longer Intersystems
International Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 5, 2017
Intersystems has been bought out by another company and is now down sizing. I am among one of the personnel to be let go. I enjoyed working at Intersystems to the very end.
Excellent Company, Good Benefits
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 27, 2017
After 13 years, I would say InterSystems is an excellent company with great products.
Professional atmosphere, very intelligent people.
Great location, lots of vacation time.
Good people
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 20, 2017
The people at the company really care and buy into what products and services InterSystems offers hospitals across the globe. The people collaborate and are sharp.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Excellent Employee Development
Product Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 12, 2017
InterSystems cares about all of its employees equally, and it shows. Interns are given meaningful projects to work on and strong mentorship from other full-time employees. The work space is modern and comfortable. Most managers at InterSystems are approachable and happy to help their colleagues.
Pros
Great office, opportunities for growth, motivating environment
Cons
Average benefits, the commute to the office is rough
Great privately owned software company
Product Support Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 8, 2017
Great place with lots of support and intelligent people. The owner of the company really knows how to take care of his employees. Would recommend to anyone looking for an internship or full time job
Nice place to start a career
Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 4, 2017
I like working here, I've learned a lot and met some great people while working here. Comfortable environment and great people to work with. Great family environment.
Clean shop, decent benefits
Welder (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 7, 2017
I appreciate the fact that my department lead gives me guidance and support, the shop is clean and the company as a whole is very focused on employee safety. Print reading, fit-up, and MIG welding skills are used daily. It can be challenging, as well as rewarding.

InterSystems was sold to GSI/AGCO. It seems that with the change of ownership, a change in personnel began to evolve (which is understandable). In my time there, I've seen a lot of people come and go. This is likely due to a natural "settling process" when a new ownership tries to find it's groove with the right team of employees that fit. Part of this "settling" with a new team that seems (to me) to be a source of frustration, is that production employees who have experience are not feeling compensated for their skills. With new ownership, a new pay scale has been in the works but is still not firmed up yet (likely disrupted by the settling process). I know this is being addressed, but as a result of the time it has taken for development, a lot of people have grown frustrated and moved on.

I like working for InterSystems, they have a lot going for them.
Right now the only negative thing that I can attribute to my job is my current pay rate and not knowing if/when I'm going to see an increase. I truly hope that they get this matter sorted out soon, and that by the time anyone reads this review, it'll be a resolved issue.
Pros
Clean shop, good people, safety first, honest efforts of employee appreciation
Cons
management dragging their feet on pay scale / increases
Avoid Intersystems
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 4, 2016
Working there was one of the worse jobs that I have ever had. I have never seen such a poorly run maintenance department. Training was very lacking, the management is very poor, the lead in charge does not communicate or get along well with others without pointing the finger and finds fault in everything and everyone. He is afraid to get himself dirty. The equipment is in very poor shape and most of your day is spent hunting and searching for tools to complete a job. Co-workers watch her back they will stab you in the back as fast as you turn around. This is also very seasonal work they do lay off.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor Management
Productive workplace
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 14, 2016
Very welcoming and productive environment where developing software is done efficiently and well. I had a very good experience there over the summer.
Everythings
CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 4, 2016
Great Company to work for.
Great to work with co-workers
Great Management
Overall rating that I gave them a 5 stars rating because I really enjoy working there.
Pros
Free Lunches, Great Events, and a lot more.
Very Bright group of people
Sr Unix Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 12, 2015
Technical Positions have a very difficult screening test that 90+% of applicants fail.

Pro: One of the brightest group of people I've ever know. Very creative and great problem solvers. Privately held

Con: Sometimes bright people have "social" issues. Not much collaboration

Excellent Salary and Benefits. (annual profit sharing is sweet)
Very "human" flexible company for work/life balance

ps I'd stay forever if the commute wasn't such a bear
Alot of fun there.
Maintenace Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 9, 2014
All good people there just wanted to get married.So one of use had to go.
Pros
Alot of fun
Cons
Cant be married and work there together.
safe and clean working enviroment
Welder (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 13, 2012
fit up weld out,ethanol parts,blue prints,forklift,overhead cranes