intertek Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
its wasnt the best but paid the bills
Administrator assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJuly 13, 2018
its a type of job where you clock in, and clock out. they teach you on the spot but if your slow, well, better start looking for another job. most of the employees are awesome but you do have the bad ones who will try to get your fired.
Pros
indoors
Cons
mangment
Great place to work for the Roa Warrior
Lead Auditor OHSAS (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 13, 2018
Great team of people and good management, travel around the country and Mexico, interaction with a lot of people. Co-workes and management are very supportive.
Pros
If you like to trevel every week
Cons
Some times traveling in Sunday
Its Ok
Senior Associate Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJune 26, 2018
It's a ok place to work. Testing product. Various companies use our expertise. Management pushes a bit. travel to on test site. Testing new product before it is released to the market
Good Place to be if you are just starting your career or ready for retirement.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 18, 2018
Intertek is a good place to work. They provide flexible hours, decent pay and benefits. Most of the time everyone is very laid back and easy going. The organization of how everything runs is a little off but they manage to get the job done. My only problem is that this place is a time based promotion and not a work ethic based. The only way to move up is to be here for a long time (6+years) and be willing to deal with getting a lower pay than others that do the same the same job as you but with less work ethic. Or to come in with 20+ years of experience.
Pros
Decent pay for an easy Job good benefits
Cons
Not much opportunity to promote
Engaging environment
Industry Services North America (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2018
Varied and suitably challenging work. Opportunites to excel. Close team environment within a global corporation. High expectations, and advancement opportunity for those prepared to earn it.
Worst company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJune 11, 2018
Worst company that would cheat you out of commission.
Lots of politics.
Ruled and cater to women.
Slavery environment and micro management is the focus of the company.
Fast-paced, rewarding work
CHANGE CONTROL/VALIDATION COMPLIANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CAJune 10, 2018
There was always something to do at Interek. I never got the chance to be bored! I love the people there and I received a lot of chances to grow my knowledge and improve my skills. I made long-lasting relationships with the people I worked with. I felt very valued as an employee.
Pros
Kept busy, learned a lot, met great people
Cons
Low starting pay, slow to get substantial raises
Closed plant cutthroat at pps harmarville
Operator (Former Employee) –  Harmarville, PAJune 8, 2018
Plant was closed with less than 60 days notice.
Hq never paid into the place for them to update their supplies to keep their clients happy. I am pretty sure when they bought this place from the people that sold out after gulf They had no idea what they were getting into.

Tge shift supervisision was a joke. Engineers who didnt have to engineer? There was client interaction, that seemed like management and Engineering didn't want to deal with so the operators had to. I find that highly unprofessional when they pay for engineering usage and they're relying on us lowbrow on educated operators.
Pros
Good people. So wonky, you can take advantage.
Cons
Odd payscale. "FOREVER" Schedule. Abrupt plant closure.
No Review
Executive Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 3, 2018
I have nothing to say about this company. I was not employed long enough to make a review about my time at this company. The VP was inappropriate at times and spoke down to people.
Flexible hours and flexible dress code. Monthly off work get togethers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 3, 2018
That’s a great place to work. Employees are rewarded for doing a great job and promoted based upon performance. Working here is a busy job is a lot of friendly staff members that are helpful.

Want to know more about intertek?

Ask a question
It was a wonderful place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXMay 30, 2018
it was a very busy day, I worked in HR plus I was the receptionist, I had a lot of job responsibilities. I loved my job and I was very good at it.
Was very upset when they let me go.
great company
Senior Inspector (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 25, 2018
good work days face paced
great working at locations in field with terminal personnel
management was very good looking after employees
culture was the same at /as most companies not much different
schedule..
vacations,time off with family,travel
Pros
good place to work
Cons
schedule
Interesting Environment
Lab Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Freeport, Grand BahamaMay 24, 2018
A typical day would consist of me running various tests of oil, diesel and gasoline samples brought into the lab from the oil inspectors. This was my first job in a professional laboratory.
Typical British Company
Account Manager - Industrial Sector (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJMay 18, 2018
Five managers in eighteen months, and your "popularity" with management mattered all too often more than your performance. All too often, if they wanted you to have a family, they would issue you one with your comp plan and luggage. Excellent labs and staff though! LOTS of driving.
Pros
Autonomy...Plus...Intertek was Family!
Cons
Management by Whim rather than Objectives.
Measurement Technician (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 16, 2018
Upper level management cares about their employees, but also their families especially. Willing to work with you on specific work hours and rotational schedules to meet your specific family needs.
Pros
Company gatherings with food and games for the family
Administrative assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 5, 2018
Intertek was. by far the best company to work for offered great benefits and vacation time . Also wonderful to their employees. Appreciated them for their hard work.
Pros
working here was pretty cutthroat
Mechanic1 (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 26, 2018
A typical day consisted of welding,plasma,cutting,drilling,and plumbing.While working for Intertek i learned how to use a plasma cutter,a bit on the tig welder.and a lot on plumbing and fabricating.The hardest part of the job in my opinion was the hurry up and wait part.the engineers would try to get a hold of the client and we would have to wait for a response.The clients would take up-to 2 weeks to reply.I would have to say that the most enjoyable part of the day is the end
Pros
Employee perks was definitely a pro.
Cons
Intertek has a tendency
Big Company
Compliance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boxborough, MAApril 25, 2018
The company is very reactive, so employees should be expected to put out fires, and roll with the punches. It seems common for employees to feel like they are here for the paycheck and getting through the day, while using this company as a stepping stone for further advancement because Intertek absolutely will not advance you if they do not have to (ie. found another job). There also appears to be favoritism towards certain groups or individuals within the office. With that said, Intertek also boasts a lot of flexibility for working hours (except for positions requiring client interaction) and offers more than a fair share of PTO, even for new hires. If you are looking for that first job, or something with limited responsibilities, Intertek is a great fit.
Pros
Above average PTO time even for new employees
Cons
stepping stone
Good atmosphere for work.
Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington Hts, ILApril 21, 2018
Global company to work for. Employees are good. Flexible working Hrs., Not far away. Good diversity. Free lunch sometimes. Big cafeteria. One division gets more advantage.
Pros
Free lunches often.
Great stepping stone
RF ENgineer (Former Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYApril 18, 2018
Some team members are great others a lazy and slow, pretty usual for a workplace.
Management puts out fires and is slow to move on large issues that create bottlenecks.
Pros
Use contacts to find a good position
Cons
No advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at intertek. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight