Intervention Employee Reviews

Great people but very busy
Case Aide (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 21, 2018
The people I worked with were always kind and caring and really looked out for each other. The overall flow of the work was constant. Not very much down time on most days.
Difficult
Community Corrections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CO 80631May 10, 2018
ICCS in Greeely was very difficult to say the least. They are very understaffed and can result in a quick burn out. The staff is helpful only if they like you, and their is a huge disconnect between case managers/manegment and staff. Their systems and programs are outdated so good look working with that.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Manegment
Fun work environment
Case Manager for Electronic Home Monitoring (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 13, 2018
The typical day was hectic due to the amount of duties and monitoring UAs. There was good teamwork and coworkers showed respect toward one another. Each individual had specific job duties and some shared responsibilities within the agency. It was a relaxed atmosphere and generally the team got along well.
Pros
Relaxed, respectful
Cons
income limited
Great Place!
First and Second Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Silt, COFebruary 25, 2018
Great place to be a part of. I love the students and staff. The parents were amazing! I was always learning new professional development and implemented into my daily lessons instantly.
Fantastic
Doctoral Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Fantastic training experience. Honored to have been given the opportunity to work in such a respectful, collaborative, and patient centered environment.
its fine
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southgate, MIDecember 7, 2017
no room for advancement, pay is fair, teachers aren't very helpful, kind of get looked down upon for not having your own classroom, but the people you work with are nice
Pros
easy work day
Cons
pay is fair
Great place to start out with your career
Community Corrections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CONovember 17, 2017
Intervention is a great stepping stone for anyone looking to start out in the Criminal Justice field. It is a none profit organization and employees do not get the salary they deserve. The company is very organized and provided plenty of training. It can be extremely stressful at times. Overall the benefits and moving up in the company fairly fast makes up for the lack of salary.
Fast Pasts and Stressful at times.
Field Services Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 8, 2017
Intervention is a wonderful community of people. Moving up within the company is fairly easy as long as you have your degree. Management is understanding and sympathetic of stressful situations that arise while working with clients. Most of the Management has been with the company for years. The clients are what makes working at intervention stressful. It is largely agreed upon that employees do not get paid enough for the amount of work and stress we have to deal with on a daily basis. The benefits are good, and I really like all my coworkers. This is a great place to start out if you are looking for experience and a place to get your foot in the door. They provide a lot of training so it is a great for building your resume as well.
Pros
health insurance, paid time off, sick time, and a lot of holidays
Cons
stressful, low pay, and stressful clients
Frightening Dishonesty
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 30, 2017
The management and supervision is practically non-existent. The environment is disgusting- literally and figuratively. The staff morale is extremely low, the culture is sarcastic and overall the company/organization lacks any ethical guidance. The trash cans are overflowing everywhere, and there is no janitorial staff or contract. The amount of work for one person is quite substantial and ethically would require being spread among multiple employees; collaboration is non-existent and the main goal is profit at any cost - even to human dignity. Asking about workplace challenges is pointless; the supervisors are apathetic at best. The salaries are well below average and the highlights of the workweek are potlucks. Sad place.
Pros
Investment, insurance, vacation
Cons
Overworked and underpaid staff, dishonest leaders
Get in, get your experience and GET OUT
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  LongmontOctober 25, 2017
I think that the ONLY benefit of working this job is that you gain experience in the criminal justice field. They do not take harassment seriously and the staff and supervisors are unprofessional. The pay that you receive is not worth the amount of work that you do. Supervisors do not want you to move on. Not worth it in my opinion. Look for something better.
Pros
Experience in criminal jusitice
Cons
Pay, unprofessionalism, harassment, supervisors
Stressful, Overworked Environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Golden, COOctober 23, 2017
I wish I knew what I was getting into before accepting a position as Case Manager for this company. A typical work day includes meetings with clients, writing warrants/summons, and designing a plan for clients to follow while on probation. Each Case Manager is expected to oversee 150 + clients, and the list changes every month when new clients are added and old clients are terminated from probation. Overtime is highly discouraged but 40 hours a week is not enough time to effectively manage your client list. This makes the job highly stressful, with unreachable expectations. Upper managers are nice, but overworked as well and can do little to realistically ease the workload. The experience was useful to get a foot in the door in criminal justice work but not beneficial long term. The work environment is highly superficial, people are always gossiping and talking poorly on everyone else, especially the managers. No one seems to be sincerely happy doing their job, but equally stressed out. Not a professional, mature working environment. Misleading...when I interviewed for a Case Manager position they stated the pay would be $14/hr - which is low for this type of work. But when I was hired on my pay was $12/hr. After speaking with other employees, I found out no one gets paid $14/hr so I did not appreciate the initial deception about pay. Training for Case Manager was overall insightful and covered useful material but I was not scheduled for training until months after I took on the position. Some other case managers never even received training at all. People get burned out easily  more... in this field, but no effective actions were made to create a positive, productive work environment. Turnover rate incredibly high for managers and Case Managers. While I was working, both managers said they were looking for other jobs. On the positive side, my managers were easy to talk to and took the time to address my concerns and perspectives on the job. In the end I decided to quit and pursue other outlets in the criminal justice field.  less
Pros
Managers are easy to approach and talk to.
Cons
Stress level, pay, gossip, disorganized, unprofessional
Awful
Employed (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 20, 2017
Working with the clients was a joke. The different departments (security, case manager, CEO, clinicians) do not talk to each other and constantly override decisions. There is detonate favoritism and if you are not part of the clique, watch out. Expected to work beyond 40 hours with no compensation, no recognition. Supervision is a joke. The clients take advantage of you because they know they can.
Cons
Salary
great company that will allow you to growth
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 19, 2017
I would work for Intervention INC any time again.
I am who I am today because of all the experience and growth I was given working for intervention inc..
great company.
Pros
stepping atone to State probation and mangment
Cons
pay
Great work environment/not compensated enough for high volume of casework.
High Risk DUI Offender's Program Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 6, 2017
Lack of career advancement and compensation are the only two cons to working for this company. Great and helpful management, comfortable and supportive working environment.
Okay for entry level exposure if no other options
Probation Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 5, 2017
The exposure to working in this field is good but there is very little support and the training is lacking. The pay is way to low for what is expected in educational achievement and what is expected in the job role. The caseloads are very high for the small amount of pay and there isn't enough time allowed to do a good job in providing clients proper supervision given the small amount of training. You are left feeling inadequate and lost most of the time. The pressure and stress isn't worth the very low pay and lack of career advancement. The turn over if very high and clients take it out on you. If you want to move around the company you need to hope that your supervisor isn't spiteful and will support it or you may as well find another job...
Pros
Hour lunch and better than having no job
Cons
Very low pay for have a BA degree, low administrative support, poor training, no advancement, high turn over
It's Okay
Community Corrections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 27, 2017
Good work environment, but sometimes can get hectic. They don't really balance work and personal life, and will call you in or schedule you and not tell you, you have to find out on your own.
Okay place to Work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 6, 2017
Intervention gave me a really good opportunity and I ended up loving my clients, however, the management is not the best there, especially for working in this field; they are very one minded. As an employee, you are expected to complete piles and piles of work that nobody is willing to help with, but expects you to still help them, and they don't offer any over time when you stay hours later to complete this work. Definitely a place that will result in burn out very quickly.
Pros
Good Experience, Decent Benefits
Cons
Management, Burn-Out
Not a fun place to work
Useful Public Service Coordinator/Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COJune 25, 2017
this position was overall not a rewarding position. I found the management to only look out for themselves and put their staff out there to take the brunt of any issues that came up.
Little pay for alot of work
CCS (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 14, 2017
Not worth it. Don't even bother. You could make more money at McDonalds with alot less hassle. Tons of favoritism and lack of management. Clients are not held accountable and walk all over everyone.
No Support
Out Client Tech (Former Employee) –  Lakewood ColoradoNovember 12, 2016
Managers refused to help employees when they are swamped with work. The pay is not near what it should be for this type of employment.