INTL FCStone Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
FX Investigations Associate (Latin America) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2018
Great company! Great place to work, great team. An amazing company, great location. The most enjoyable part of the job. I hope I can work again in this company
Gives importance to new ideas and innovations
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 13, 2018
This is the first company I have worked in the US. Although being a small company, I found many opportunities to grow, learn and implement my skills and expertise on various projects. One good thing I like about the company is that it allows you to work on simultaneous projects if you thin you are able to handle all of them together. This gives you exposure to a variety of technologies being used across the company and helps in continuous learning.
Enjoyed the opportunity
Commodity Risk Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 8, 2018
Did not want to move forward with my position. I had an opportunity and they did not want move forward on the project. I want to utilize my skills elseware
stressful i hated it
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2018
This is one of the worst places to work, managers should not be mangers they drink on the job and engage in petty office disagreements among their employees, managers let people call in sick every week come in late and be unfair to other employees with the workload!
Good place to work, if you can handle culture
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 18, 2018
Overall, this was a good place to work. Pay and Compensation were good.

A typical day consisted of morning standup, followed by any follow up meetings. After that, it was pretty much up to you to set your schedule as you saw fit, with the expectation that you actually get things done.

While they strongly encouraged working hours and being in the office, they were pretty flexible in time off and needing to work remotely.

They encourage you to learn new things on the job and provide the tools to assist you in being your best.

The root of my problems with management is that they are relatively young and not super experienced. While the drive and ability is clearly there, it was click-y and felt as if they would play favorites. This is to the point where they would only accept ideas and suggestions from specific individuals.

The actual job culture had a very frat boy feeling. While it is fairly easy to put your head down and work, it would appear frequently and strongly.

Given it all, this is a good place to work for all levels of experience, with one caveat. While they do encourage learning, they also have a fast pace and lack formal development methodologies and techniques (Waterfall, Agile, etc...). So if you are young in your career, by all means join INTL FCStone, but keep in mind that in real software development shops you will be missing these skills unless you work on them yourself.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Learning Opprotunity
Cons
Management Inexperianced, Lack of Formal Development Methodology, Clickiness
worst place to work.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2018
No proper management structure..
No room for opinion difference
Just "YES" boss type of environment
No career advancement option...
if you really wants to ruin your career go ahead join em.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no chance of career advancement
It was fun to work there
Administrative/Trade desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 21, 2018
Everyone worked as a team to meet the goal of the company. The brokers were nice and everyone helped when it was necessary. The managers were really understanding and made sure everything was in order.
Risk Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
Given tools to build business. Little to no guidance. Not a place to start right out of college, unless you are being taken under the wing of a senior broker.
contractor
Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2018
Worked as a contractor with the opportunity for full time employment. I thought the job was putting together risk management proposals. Turned out it was a sales position and I was not interested
Fast pace work environment
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 24, 2018
Very fast pace environment. Enjoyed working here a lot to learn but fun culture. Very stressful at times, but yet rewarding.Something new everyday. Downfall, working Holidays.
Commidies Exchange
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downtown Manhattan, NYMay 24, 2018
This was a great palce to work. FcStone was a great company to work at. I worked long hours but it was a fun and exciting place to work, your days are not slow and the change from day to day.
Pros
Friendly, fast palced
Cons
Long hours sometimes
System Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2018
A typical day at work usually consist of non stop I.T. related issues or assisting users with how to obtain what they need to work on a daily basis. What I have learned about this company is that it's not what you know it's who you know. The hardest part of the job is not having the ability to help someone on the spot (usually it would be something that my department does not handle). The most enjoyable part are the people I work with onsite.
Pros
The people and the environment
Cons
The Salary
Changes
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 19, 2018
This company flipped from a company that is wonderful to work for to one that has spun out of control in the matter if a year that I have worked here. The IT section to this company under the new leadership has tanked and people are flooding out 10+ a week due to it.
'
The upper management does not see this as an issue and forces the load from the employees who leave onto everyone else and refuses to hire skilled individuals to fill the void while still expecting the same if not more performance.

6-7 months ago if I had been asked how I liked the company I would have showed them in praise, now I am looking for work elsewhere. The business and IT side are split and expectations are out of control with the limited manpower.
IT Management Shakeup hurt the company to its core
Global Head of an IT Department (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 18, 2018
When a new global head of IT took over, there were 13 established IT managers across the company that were either demoted, replaced, or fired over the course of 18 months. Quality of service suffered across the board. They're a well-run company overall, but their IT Management has had significant turnover.
Fun place to work; but management does not pay market based salary.
Trader Support Manager/IT-Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2018
Advancement is almost non existent, for satellite offices. Loyalty doesnt matter; they will not hesitate to cut your salary or buy you out to keep expenses low. Middle management is busy looking out for themselves. Anyone below is not in a good position.
Pros
great benefits - fun place to work
Cons
Salary is stuck in slow.
Don't work for INTL FcStone
System Access Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 29, 2018
Worst experience ever working for this company, no matter how hard you worked or how many extra hours you put in they always wanted more, and when you're so tired of working and make an error they write you up and use it to get rid of you.
Pros
Worked with some good coworkers
Cons
Management set you up to fail.
Total Chaos
DR Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 24, 2018
No integrity as all. Placed kids in charge of IT Initiatives which gave the entire department a "Black Eye". Never completed assigned projects, even after years of tardiness. Entered into the Exchange business with systems that were not ready for prime time. Lied to federal regulators regarding overall system functionality, left upper management in the dark allowing them vulnerable to huge fines. Set employees up to take the fall for incidents they had no control over.
Pros
easy parking
Cons
Not an organization one would be proud to be associated with in the financial industry.
I enjoyed working here.
Director of Practice Management (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 12, 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with and my job. Appreciated the opportunity to help others get to the end results for the company. Loved the clients I worked with.
Good work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 7, 2018
I found the other people in the work environment to be quite helpful and nice to work with in this job. The job was rather interesting, including the work I was doing.
Interesante y buen clima laboral.
Sales Manager Institutional & Corporate Clients (Current Employee) –  Buenos AiresJanuary 4, 2018
Interesante, key player en el mercado y buen clima laboral.