INTL FCStone Employee Reviews

worst place to work.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2018
No proper management structure..
No room for opinion difference
Just "YES" boss type of environment
No career advancement option...
if you really wants to ruin your career go ahead join em.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no chance of career advancement
Risk Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
Given tools to build business. Little to no guidance. Not a place to start right out of college, unless you are being taken under the wing of a senior broker.
contractor
Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2018
Worked as a contractor with the opportunity for full time employment. I thought the job was putting together risk management proposals. Turned out it was a sales position and I was not interested
Fast pace work environment
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 24, 2018
Very fast pace environment. Enjoyed working here a lot to learn but fun culture. Very stressful at times, but yet rewarding.Something new everyday. Downfall, working Holidays.
Commidies Exchange
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downtown Manhattan, NYMay 24, 2018
This was a great palce to work. FcStone was a great company to work at. I worked long hours but it was a fun and exciting place to work, your days are not slow and the change from day to day.
Pros
Friendly, fast palced
Cons
Long hours sometimes
System Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2018
A typical day at work usually consist of non stop I.T. related issues or assisting users with how to obtain what they need to work on a daily basis. What I have learned about this company is that it's not what you know it's who you know. The hardest part of the job is not having the ability to help someone on the spot (usually it would be something that my department does not handle). The most enjoyable part are the people I work with onsite.
Pros
The people and the environment
Cons
The Salary
Changes
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 19, 2018
This company flipped from a company that is wonderful to work for to one that has spun out of control in the matter if a year that I have worked here. The IT section to this company under the new leadership has tanked and people are flooding out 10+ a week due to it.
'
The upper management does not see this as an issue and forces the load from the employees who leave onto everyone else and refuses to hire skilled individuals to fill the void while still expecting the same if not more performance.

6-7 months ago if I had been asked how I liked the company I would have showed them in praise, now I am looking for work elsewhere. The business and IT side are split and expectations are out of control with the limited manpower.
IT Management Shakeup hurt the company to its core
Global Head of an IT Department (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 18, 2018
When a new global head of IT took over, there were 13 established IT managers across the company that were either demoted, replaced, or fired over the course of 18 months. Quality of service suffered across the board. They're a well-run company overall, but their IT Management has had significant turnover.
Fun place to work; but management does not pay market based salary.
Trader Support Manager/IT-Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2018
Advancement is almost non existent, for satellite offices. Loyalty doesnt matter; they will not hesitate to cut your salary or buy you out to keep expenses low. Middle management is busy looking out for themselves. Anyone below is not in a good position.
Pros
great benefits - fun place to work
Cons
Salary is stuck in slow.
Don't work for INTL FcStone
System Access Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 29, 2018
Worst experience ever working for this company, no matter how hard you worked or how many extra hours you put in they always wanted more, and when you're so tired of working and make an error they write you up and use it to get rid of you.
Pros
Worked with some good coworkers
Cons
Management set you up to fail.
Total Chaos
DR Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 24, 2018
No integrity as all. Placed kids in charge of IT Initiatives which gave the entire department a "Black Eye". Never completed assigned projects, even after years of tardiness. Entered into the Exchange business with systems that were not ready for prime time. Lied to federal regulators regarding overall system functionality, left upper management in the dark allowing them vulnerable to huge fines. Set employees up to take the fall for incidents they had no control over.
Pros
easy parking
Cons
Not an organization one would be proud to be associated with in the financial industry.
I enjoyed working here.
Director of Practice Management (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 12, 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with and my job. Appreciated the opportunity to help others get to the end results for the company. Loved the clients I worked with.
Interesante y buen clima laboral.
Sales Manager Institutional & Corporate Clients (Current Employee) –  Buenos AiresJanuary 4, 2018
Interesante, key player en el mercado y buen clima laboral.
Fun place to work
Temporary Trader's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 3, 2018
Very fast paced and entertaining, a lot to learn. Great people. Management is very helpful and it is a very open door kind of environment. Small office
Terrible organization
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 4, 2017
I'm not sure why anyone would actually choose in their right mind to make the decision to work at this company as there is nothing of any good that either remains at this company or that leaves this company
Pros
There are absolutely no Pros to working at this organization
Cons
Have to say that every single thing is in negative coming out of this organization
Great company to work
Systems Support Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLNovember 26, 2017
A typical Monday morning was very busy and them it will calm down.
The atmosphere was very quiet and calm. Employees are respectful and educated. Management are hands off. Culture is very professional and courteous.
Pros
Great benefits and excellent coworkers
Cons
No advance in IT at the location.
Excellent work place
Data Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 22, 2017
very productive and environment, lots of learning experience, cooperative team members, exciting projects, excellent managers, good work-life balance, excellent location
Location is ideal for me, but job culture is poor. Poor management and lack of organization
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 3, 2017
A good place to work; however, poor management and lack of organization in the Accounts Payable department made me leave the job.

Perks for the employees are a plus, for example, cake day and office activities. But overall, poor management and work overload made it difficult for me to stay with the company.
good pay along with bonus
Commodity Trade Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2017
A great work experience. I have advanced my skills due to my company along with talents and skills I can use in further employment. Had some of the best people to work alongside with me. A job where I experienced a culture of professionalism and diversity.
Pros
fast pace and exciting
Cons
Overall a good place to work
System Support Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 11, 2017
The IT culture moved to the parent company and they slashed my current salary. I was given the option to stay at a certain salary or a severance but I decided to leave.