INTOWN SUITES Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Long Shift
General Manger (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 25, 2018
The team is small so a lot of work is shared between a few people. Management was not always available for issues so a lot of time you had to work it out on your own.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Management not available
Fast pace, No time for slowness
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 14, 2018
Was a good job, too much work for what you get paid. Favoritism being shown. Some specific actions following company procedures were not always enforced. No room for advancements in this work place.
Demand alot but don't compensate in pay.
Property Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 7, 2018
I'm a current employee, and can't wait to move forward somewhere else. I've been with Intown Suites for over two years, have received one raise of .50 . I'm asked to do my job and cover for others. The company offers no security for thier employees, as in cameras or background checks for tenants. A camera at the front desk is all they do. Hallways, stairwells and exit doors are dangerous places. The advantage of free rent is overwhelmed by the lack of support by management. They go home, your stuck doing thier job.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of support from management
Stressful
Head Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Prattville, ALJune 6, 2018
Lack of leadership, poor pay. Corporate office last on important issues. Too much trouble accessing check stubs. Usually not enough supplies for job tasks.
Awesome company, value their employees.
PROPERTY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAJune 2, 2018
I have been in this industry and by far InTown Suites looks out for it's staff. You have many resources at your disposal. They respect the work/home balance. Truly feel valued as a team member while working for them. Benefits package is also very good!
Pros
Benefits, compensation
Not a very good place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMay 9, 2018
I really like doing housekeeping but I didn’t like it there! There was a lot of overdosing going on there and plus it had a lot of illegal things going on in it!
Nice place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNApril 19, 2018
It's a nice place to work management cooperate. Very well. But hours was weak and pay was to low and I love working but company only offer a little hours I continue to work there until I found another I love working out always came in on time and always was there when I was supposed to be also make sure my customers had everything they needed in measure wounds was very neat and clean
Pros
Bring your own food
Cons
30mins
I don't it was fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  HighlandApril 5, 2018
I was part time and she tried to make me do full time because. She could not keep her employees once was hired.they would do amouth or less and. Walk of the job l would.'nt refer any to that job. She didn't no how to treat people.I was there for a year and six months.
Pros
Lunch every now than
Cons
No breaks
Fun
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLApril 5, 2018
Got along with management, I would work there again, currently trying to get my job back. my manager was awesome to me, He help me in a lot of things.
Just a job...
Courtesy Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 4, 2018
I wouldn't work there again. If it is just a job not a career that you are looking for, this is a great place to work. I loved one property I worked at the other not so much.
Pros
free room
Cons
not safe
This place was horrible!
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2018
The worst job I ever had! The management was a Brother and Sister owned company. My direct manager hired me so he could take a vacation. They were going to fire me once he returned, so I quit while he was out.
Doesn't matter how hard you work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 14, 2018
I worked there for years. Most managers got fired for stealing. Or they quit because of the many difficulties. After years of coming in early, working late, cleaning rooms, doing maintenance, and everything every asked of me I was let go.
Must Bring A game to handle the guests.
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLMarch 7, 2018
I enjoyed working for Intown Suites only because of the staff. Unlike most places gossip and play time is not an issue. Everyone comes in to work and helps one another. However if you are not experienced in dealing with irate guests or un orderly guests in a professional and safe manner, this is not the place for you.
Pros
staff, self managed, heath care, Pto
Cons
no room for advancement, irate/violent guests
Only if you are desperate
N/A (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 5, 2018
There are reasons why a company like Intown Suites has the volume of turn over that it does. All positions from Housekeeper to General Manager are a revolving door of people. There is no support from upper management and employees are made to compensate regularly for their lack of hiring suitable replacements in a timely manner. You are made to feel expendable, yet expected to carry others burdens as well. When tired of employees or when they want to get rid of someone the employee is put in to postilions to fail or terminated on paper thin reasoning. The benefits of working here are outweighed by the stress and demand on you as a person.
Pros
Good guests
Cons
Poor hiring and training. No upper management support. Railroading.
not a good work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAFebruary 21, 2018
Work hard and get no pay raise, work there a year and six months, allways filling pressured about the work that need to be done. I must say that i was a good worker for the time i was there.
Pros
Dont what to say
Cons
No breaks
Stressful
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lantana, FLFebruary 7, 2018
I would never recommend someone to work her the owners are very belittling. There is no room for growth and its a revolving door with employees that work there. They can never keep a steady staff.
Cons
no type of discounts at all
I loved my job there I wish I could go back
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ohio/TennesseeFebruary 6, 2018
It’s a great place to work I loved it I would work there again in a heartbeat management is wonderful and there always there for you I would recommend this job to everyone
Loved working with emoloyees and interacting with guest
Gulfport (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 23, 2018
I lived working front desk at In town suites. The people are wonderful guest make the shifts better. Managnent has changed so if you haven't been in within the last 3 months I would highly reccomend you to.
Poor management
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 22, 2018
I worked at Intown Suites for almost 3 year. Never had any problems. I worked as Head housekeeper and worked between 30 to 40+ hours. I loved the job till new management came in and took away our breaks and lunch plus only wanted one housekeeper and myself to work. Poor lack of management Skills. The new Head Housekeeper works 6 days a week and all by herself because manager can't hire anyone he likes.
Cons
No break or lunch. Poor pay.
Fun
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 18, 2018
A fun and rewarding place to work. It is a smaller team of individuals who are always willing to help each other. The guests are always so nice to the staff.