Intrawest Employee Reviews

Hard but stable
Driver (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 24, 2018
If you know your job and do your job correctly you will keep your job. otherwise hard labor and minimal advancement opportunities. Start off at minimum wage.
Good laboral environment
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COJanuary 5, 2018
The company combines hard work in a wonderful city and ski resort. Good opportunity to know people from all over the world, the company assists you with housing options. The ski resort during days-off riding over fresh powder is the main reason to work there.
Awesome place to live/work
Bartender/Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COOctober 30, 2017
During my five years I lived and worked in steamboat springs, colorado I explored most of the state and loved the statewide ski/snowboard benefits offered
Unstable work environment with lack of advancement opportunity
General Ledger Accountant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 27, 2017
Intrawest went through many changes when I was employed there. They went public. The work environment was very unstable and there was a lack of advancement opportunities. There was turnover of almost all of upper management when I was there. There was a good work life balance though.
Pros
Free ski pass, work life balance
Cons
lack of advancement, unstable work environment
Decent job, but little pay or career advancement opportunity.
Server (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, COSeptember 16, 2017
I would have loved to stay with the company but there was little opportunity for career advancement. A bit of a disconnect between shareholders and operations, but that's typical of any business with that large of a hierarchy.
Pros
Loved working in a mountain town and being engaged in the environment.
Cons
Little opportunity for career advancement
Staff at sunspot was 45 min late and took weed brakes on the hour
server sunspot 2016 (Former Employee) –  winterparkJune 16, 2017
Drunk manager I went to HR about issue late staff managers that hide . They are rude to work for and clueless management that hire a staff that reflects there lack of ability .
Pros
99 cent frozen pizza for lunch
Cons
you wont be able to pay rent
Sells out anyone below the C-Suite
Technology VP (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 9, 2017
This company is all about making money for the executives and investment holding company. Strategy driven by a Wall Street perspective with vision for technology.
Minimal pay for a whole lot of fun
Ski Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, COApril 17, 2017
Do not expect promotions or advancements at resort jobs like this, but do expect to have lots of fun. Ski Lift Operator is a very difficult job, but the fun out-weighs the work load. Team members become like family and everyone is usually there for similar reasons and it is not money they look for. Look at jobs like this as a way to escape reality for a little while to enjoy yourself. Enjoy activities outside of work such as rock climbing, camping, lots of parties, and other (free) activities.
Great job
Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, CODecember 31, 2016
This is a great company to work for and has fantastic benifits for its workers that enjoy the ski industry. I would recommend a job with this comanpy for anyone.
Great for extra money - unless you hold a degree, this isn't for you
Rental Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Snowshoe, WVOctober 19, 2016
Worked various jobs in various locations. Not bad of work but managers and employee treatment could use some major changes. Employees are not permitted to park close to where they work. They must walk or shuttle to their job site. Vehicles are not looked after very good by security due to my tire falling off on the way home one evening. Someone had stollen all of my lug nuts while at work. Managers have hardly any courtesy for employees when they go the extra mile. Very few recognize you for it. If you can stand being talked down to by guests that have credit cards that resemble poker cards and apologize for the weather after they paid top dollar to ski in, then sign up. If not, it's best to look for something else.
Pros
Free skiing
Cons
Management & employee treatment
Reservation and tickets sales
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COSeptember 26, 2016
Phone system knowledge, reservation computer software knowledge, concierge service, knowledge of ski mountain and local events. Knowledge of ski & snowboard school and lessons.
Pros
Free Pass
Snowshoe Spa is a horrible place to work!
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Snowshoe, WVAugust 27, 2016
I worked for the spa, horrible "manager"! One of the worst managers I ever had. Treated her employees so wrong, told everyone your business & didn't want to do her job. She has no idea what it takes to be in the beauty industry. She will screw you over & over until you have nothing left to give. The pay isn't worth the stress. Couldn't even find help for weddings because they screw over everyone who tries to help.
Pros
The clients & some coworkers
Cons
The stress & the "management"
Tire Grover (Current Employee) –  Fountain, COAugust 8, 2016
start work at 0800 to 430 pm. How to grove tires with out hitting the steel belts in the tire. Management is easy to get along with. fun to getting to work with and easy to talk too and if you have questions they help you. Not know when you are going to be loading a truck of tires for auction or for sale. Being able to joke with your co workers
Pros
Has stuff that you can buy if you forget you lunch
Cons
no Health care
Great place to work. The Co./Management encourage healthy life style
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Executive AssistantJuly 26, 2016
In season it's a fast paced environment. Must be willing to help out where ever needed. I've worked with Senior Management as well as front line employees and everyone is as important as our Guests. Co workers are a great group of people with all different skill sets. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with unhappy guests. I love everything my job entails.
Pros
Free skiing/riding. Access to Sports Center and Golf.
Serious lack of qualified upper management in F&B
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Mammoth Lakes, CAJune 20, 2016
I worked here for the winter season of 2015-2016 which was a record breaking season revenue wise for this hotel and the "chef" that I worked under obviously didn't care at all about the restaurant he was in charge of running. Employees would regularly go a month without even seeing him and he never did any work whatsoever in the kitchen. I can understand having an executive chef in a large establishment that never works in the kitchen but this business is small in comparison and he simply was never there. He would throw everyone to the wolves and just leave or go eat in the dining room with his wife as the restaurant was insanely busy with multiple events taking place going out of the same kitchen. It's truly amazing that he wasn't fired in the time I was there. In fact I'm shocked that he wasn't fired in the first month he worked there. All of the truly qualified cooks including myself quit in the last 4 months and now his philosophy is to only hire entry level Mexicans that don't really know what they're doing so that his practices won't be questioned. These practices include purchasing 6 months or more worth of filet mignon and freezing it, buying stouffers frozen lasagne for events, prepping food in huge bulk and freezing it for use months later and purchasing the cheapest quality meats and produce possible. He also never created one dish in the entire time I worked there and never trained a single employee. If this chef still works there, don't even think about applying. I've worked in this industry for almost 2 decades and he is without question the worst chef I have ever  more... known...  less
Pros
Good property, benefits, co-workers, gm
Cons
Worst chef ever
Summer Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sandestin FlAugust 2, 2015
Summer job, not a career. Very demanding job. Outside weather conditions are not always pleasant, Your dealing with vacationers which isn't always easy.
Great enviornment, great employees
Activities Attendant (Current Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COAugust 1, 2015
A typical work day various from day to day. One day might be way busier than another. There are so many learning experiences for this job and you grow from them daily. Everyone I work with has their own task at hand and we all work well together. A disgruntled customer is the hardest part about the job, where as a super happy customer makes the day a breeze.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no breaks
over worked underpaid positions
management (Former Employee) –  Winter ParkJune 18, 2015
you will need several jobs on top of a full time job here. a select few make decent wages and everyone else struggles (even in supervisor or management positions)

Upper management never around to help

Best part, the co workers that struggle with you
Pros
ski and bike pass
Cons
grossly understaffed, over worked, under paid
A good work environment.
Supervisor- Dan Warta (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COMay 29, 2015
I didnt like the job so much it was just a job for me to get paid from. i learned how to recycle tires and how to fix old tires into new ones.
Pros
you learn how to recycle tires.
Cons
Not so much of a great place to stay at.
Great Company with lots of room for advancement
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, CONovember 18, 2014
Started an entry level job and moved into a department manager position within the first year. Learned more in two years than any other job. Lots of financial responsibility and trust.
Pros
Ski pass
Cons
Expect to work every holiday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intrawest. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight