INTREN Employee Reviews

I liked the job I had and felt I made a difference. I left the place better than when I started. Not good enough!
Groundman, Forklift operator and parts specialist (Former Employee) –  Union, ILFebruary 15, 2018
Review summary says it all.
Load crew up.
They learned what I knew from working at ComEd for 36 years. My wage was not just for driving a forklift but my knowledge of the material as well which is hard to put a dollar amount on for 36 years.
Workplace culture is a fly by the seat of their pants and walk around like they know everything.
Not knowing what is next..
The guys I worked with in my group and the vendors were very nice to load and unload.
Pros
Great wages for what I did
Cons
Nothing good to say
Horrible
High Voltage Overhead Distribution Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 2, 2017
Never work there. Worst company ever. Every single person there is cutthroat, and only out for their own motives. They will throw you under the bus in a second, if you don't join their little boys club.
Pros
Cons
Every one
Growing company with lots of changes
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJuly 12, 2016
For a project manager position you are required to get work, bid work, organize work, manage financials, manage crews, build customer relations, and handle all the little things that come up daily. I learned how juggle more than I thought I could, how to build leaders up, and how to make a losing division profitable. In my opinion, the management is lacking. People are not promoted on performance, and in my experience people who continuously lose money are promoted while those who produce are let go. This may not go for the entire company, but applied in my branch.
Pros
Pay, always problems to solve, bennifits
Cons
Managment, Office Politics
Excellent
Excellent (Current Employee) –  ExcellentMay 15, 2016
The is a great place to work and always something new you can do and get involved with. The company is a growing company. I have been there many years and have seen it grow.
Pros
Excellent
waste my time
sdfghj (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2016
clear understanding of the job’s duties and responsibilities. The job posting should also include a concise picture of the skills required for the position to attract qualified job candidates. Organize the job description into five sections: Company Information, Job Description, Job Requirements, Benefits and a Call to Action. Be sure to include keywords that will help make your job posting searchable. A well-defined job description will help attract qualified candidate
great company overall, great industry, Very little knowledge corporate wide considering safety regulations
Safety and Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 16, 2014
They have a wonderful company, but do not know how to administer a safety program
Cons
Everything is controlled by Illinois, they do not know, understand or care to, concerning California requirements.
Excellent company
Groundman/Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Union, ILApril 30, 2012
The best company that I ever worked for. Good wages, a wide array of work experiences, good managers. The ownership genuinely cared about their workers and their product.
Pros
good wages
Cons
expect to work in the mud