Intrepid Potash Employee Reviews

A stable work enviroment.
Lab Technician 3 (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMAugust 9, 2018
Saftey is a key focus. Weekly saftey meeting are held administration. And daily saftey meetings ar held for operations. The company is on the rise with added products. If you are driven all in all a great place to build a career.
the market had a huge influence on their operations
Troubleshooter (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NM 88220August 1, 2018
The work load was manageable and quick paced, the management was competent and empathetic. the coworkers where by and large helpful and friendly. over all a great experiance.
My thoughts
Maintenance Mechanic III Surface And Underground (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJune 21, 2018
12 hour days
Very good in training there employees
management is ok they di care about there people
It could be better
Nothing really dealing with the sun
The people I work with
fast paced with lots of new projects
Process Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJune 13, 2018
Over all i enjoyed my time at Intrepid. the work days were busy but generally not hectic. i learned so much it would be hard to name everything but i learned the operations of 3 plants, electrical , instrumentation, and process control, not to mention planning and RSO duties. i also learned that your coworkers can actually be like a family that can have bad days and still love each other the next day. the management has issues as with any place but over all i think they really do care about their employees. the culture in the work place focuses on safety and making sure everyone works together to get thing accomplished in a safe and timely manner. the hardest part of the job is never know what new project is going to come up and having to deal with a lack of planning on projects with very short time to completion deadlines. the best part of my job hands down and without any doubt is my crew. they are the absolute best group i have ever had the privilege of working with.
Pros
lots of paid vacation if you stay for years and competitive pay
Cons
lack of planning on large projects
Great for The Short Time I was there
Accounts Payable Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 3, 2018
I had no problems with working here. It was decent pay for easy work. They use older systems but it works for what they do. Nice staff and managers. Ok
Very rewarding place to work.
Surface Electrical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJune 1, 2018
It has been a pleasure working for the Intrepid Team over the last five years. One of the highlights of my career was collaborating with others in the company to automate and improve throughput of IPNM facilities and supervising the Electrical/Instrumentation and Process Control sections. This company is poised for continued growth and I wish Intrepid much success with upcoming projects as well as that of Management with their future endeavors in making Intrepid a more profitable company. I have grown both professionally and personally while working with each person on various projects, scheduled/unscheduled jobs, and routine tasks that we do in the interest of Potash. I truly felt like this was more of a family than just people at work. It was not an easy decision to leave Intrepid, but a new opportunity that was just too good to pass up has presented itself and my family is very supportive of this transition. I will always consider myself an Intrepid Potash Miner and I leave knowing I made an impact and friendships that will last forever. Thank you.
Pros
Very trasnparent Company
Cons
Housing market
Recent Hire
Sales (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 1, 2018
The interview process was professional. I was able to gain a solid understanding on the company culture and how I fit within it. Happily employed with Intrepid.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
None yet
May 9, 2018

We want to make sure that the interview process is enjoyable and thorough for everyone involved. It is great to hear that you are happy with your experience so far. Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. If there is anything else you would like to share, please send it along to feedback@intrepidpotash.com.

Gained valuable work skills
Customer Service/Warehouse Person (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMApril 30, 2018
Even though I was part of a massive reduction in force, I gained valuable skills in the warehouse as well as in customer service and sales.

I also have a greater knowledge of the potash industry, the operations it entails, as well as the competitive market.

Human Resources as well as the management team were excellent and developed a great work culture.
Pros
great beneftis
May 9, 2018

We appreciate you sharing the positive experiences you had while at Intrepid. While we have had to go through layoffs in the last few years we are optimistic about where the potash marketplace is now going. This includes being able to report a net income this first quarter. We thank you for your positive feedback! Please keep in touch with us as new positions come open. Should you have any other feedback, please contact us at feedback@intrepidpotash.com.

Excellent Place to Work!
Billing Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Moab, UTApril 25, 2018
Intrepid employs highly skilled professionals who not only deliver a quality product, but a workplace culture that is top notch. In addition to providing excellent benefits and fair compensation, Intrepid promotes and facilitates career advancement so each employee can maximize their potential.
May 9, 2018

Thank you for providing such great feedback! We take great care in hiring the right people to support our culture and success. Our career path program is designed to provide the tools for our employees to know what it takes to advance and succeed while at Intrepid. Thank you, again, for giving us your feedback and please send along any other input to feedback@intrepidpotash.com.

Hard Labor
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMApril 9, 2018
Always kept busy and paid good. Worked many hours and had an option to work more hours if needed too. Very hot and humid environment. Reason why i left is because they did lay offs.
April 10, 2018

We appreciate you sharing the positive experiences you had while at Intrepid. The weather certainly can have its ups and downs. While we have had to go through layoffs in the last few years we are optimistic about where the potash marketplace is now going. Should you have any other feedback, please contact us at feedback@intrepidpotash.com.

This was a great place to work. always busy, always intresting
I&E Technician (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMMarch 25, 2018
Intrepid is like a lot of companies great benefits competitive wages but due to market conditions and company had to downsize to survive. While I was there I was given a number of excellent opportunities and was able to acquire invaluable skills that helped me land my dream job. That would not have happened if it weren't for Intrepid.
I was a mine electrician and a surface instrumentation technician so a typical day was spent making repairs, preventative maintenance and some new installations or upgrades. I worked with the best group of people anyone could hope for. The hardest part of the job was often having to make band-aid repairs instead of more permanent repairs due to production pressure. The best part of the job was the talented people I had the pleasure to work with. I also greatly appreciated the companies commitment to a healthy balance of safety and production. Never felt pressure to compromise safety over production.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
No Union
April 10, 2018

We thank you for providing such great feedback. We put a lot of effort into maintaining a positive culture and ensuring that we live by our core values—especially safety. We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad that you have had so many great learning opportunities. Please send any other feedback to us at feedback@intrepidpotash.com.

IT Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMMarch 6, 2018
I love working for Intrepid, they pay great, their hours are great, and their benefits are fantastic. They allow you to move up easily you just have to have a good work ethic.
April 10, 2018

It is wonderful to hear about your positive experiences with Intrepid. Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. If there is anything else you would like to share, please send it along to feedback@intrepidpotash.com.

Enjoyable People
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 19, 2018
At Intrepid, we view our customers as partners, friends, and colleagues. This is reflected in our core values and the daily workings of everyone in the office. Everyone at Intrepid works hard to further the company and help in any way they can. At Intrepid, we are always open to trying new things, while keeping with the same traditions we were built on. I would highly recommend working in the environment Intrepid has created.
April 10, 2018

It is great to hear about your positive experiences while working at Intrepid. Our core values support what you have shared about the team spirit and continuous improvement. Please pass along any other comments and feedback to feedback@intrepidpotash.com.

Best job I’ve ever had!
Surface electrcian (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJanuary 19, 2018
Great place to work. I have worked underground and on the surface at both mines. There is always something to do and somewhere to go! There is plenty of opportunity, it is what you make it.
Pros
Great pay and good management.
Cons
Surface transportation has some very very serious issues. Repairs take forever.
February 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We definitely have plenty of interesting work and opportunity for career growth! We strive to compliment that with a competitive compensation package and great people. It was a bit of a struggle in recent years to increase costs in areas like transportation. That has changed over the last six months and we are starting to bring on new equipment and repair resources. Should you have any other feedback, please contact us at feedback@intrepidpotash.com.

A good mining company
Electrician / Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJanuary 15, 2018
I was on shift work 12 hrs a day one week on days the next on nights, 3 days on week 4 the next. under ground the weather rarely changes. started on shift and ended on shift
Pros
payed lunch
Cons
shift work
February 2, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. We realize that we have had changes with our shifts over the last few years but have received really positive feedback on our current shift schedule. Thank you for the comments and please send along any other feedback to feedback@intrepidpotash.com.

Challenging and rewarding workplace with lots of good people.
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMNovember 21, 2017
Working for Intrepid Potash in Carlsbad NM has been a positive experience. The work has been challenging and rewarding. Management and workplace culture are positives. Intrepid places importance on safety and workplace ethics. I appreciate the fact that there are lots of highly skilled, good people working at intrepid.
Pros
Great co-workers
February 2, 2018

We thank you for providing such great feedback. We put a lot of effort into maintaining a positive culture and ensuring that we live by our core values—especially safety. Our great employees are what makes Intrepid a success. Please send any other feedback to us at feedback@intrepidpotash.com.

fun place to work
Shift Mechanic Surface (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NM 88220November 5, 2017
Fun place to work team spirit I would still be working there if my life would have not made some changes. The work environment was professional but relaxed
November 13, 2017

It is great to hear about your positive experiences while working at Intrepid. Our core values support what you have shared about the team spirit and professional work environment. We wish you the best in whatever you are now doing. Please pass along any other comments and feedback to feedback@intrepidpotash.com.

An organization that customers enjoy doing business with
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 18, 2017
While my time working for Intrepid is short lived (4 months), I've been amazed at the positive response and genuine value Intrepid customer's place on their relationship with Intrepid as their supplier. In a competitive commodities business, those types of responses speak volumes to the relentless focus of our organization in executing business deliverables both consistently and competitively to our key stakeholder…..our customers.
November 13, 2017

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide insight into our customer relationships. It is because of the value we place on those relationships that we make sure that we are quick and nimble to meet their needs. If you have any further feedback, please send it to feedback@intrepidpotash.com.

Great place to work, learn and discover where your intrests and skills lie.
Loadout Superintendant (Current Employee) –  Wendover, UtahSeptember 27, 2017
Came here as a kid fresh from high school. They taught me how to operate machinery and heavy equipment. How to maintain that equipment. How to weld and fabricate, operate a lathe, milling machine and everything I wanted to learn.
Some days can be hectic, but that is what keeps it interseting. Management allows you to try new things and think outside the traditional ways.
Pros
Good atmosphere at the plant. Friendly people.
Cons
Not enough parking at times.
October 10, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad that you have had so many great learning opportunities. Thinking outside the traditional ways is a great way to describe our entrepreneurial culture. Should you have any other feedback, please contact us at feedback@intrepidpotash.com.

Didn't want to leave but it was a company lay off
Miner Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMSeptember 24, 2017
I worked underground and loved it. Learned to work the miner to cut the potash, worked on the machinery at times, moved belt line, drove tom-car to move cut potash from location to belt line. Probably one of my favorite jobs. The company had to make many cuts and the last lay off while I was there, I was one that got laid off. They had 5 lay offs in 2016.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, hours, and people
Cons
Too many lay offs
September 27, 2017

We appreciate you sharing the positive experiences you had while at Intrepid. There have been, unfortunately, several great people impacted by our past layoffs. Please keep in touch with us as new positions come open. Should you have any other feedback, please contact us at feedback@intrepidpotash.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intrepid Potash. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight