Intuit Employee Reviews

Found 988 reviews matching the search See all 1,108 reviews
great people
Print Production Operations 1 - 3 (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 6, 2018
enjoyed working there. really enjoyed the culture and people. great location. great people to work with. i really liked the people a lot. and the gym. that was the best part.
Not enough support
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 5, 2018
You cant get help like you used to with all the new policy changes, management doesn't seem to care about you as an individual. The turnover rate is terrible and the pay/bennefits are even worse even for an experience CSR
Demanding
Payments & Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 3, 2018
Intuit is a good place to work, but you really need to be a certain type of person to fit in. You won't get a warm welcome, people either stay within their clicks or they are loners. I have never really seen anything like it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
It's not a happy place, like the believe they are.
It's all about the employees and the benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  CANovember 3, 2018
Benefits are amazing here. They really sell you on the benefits. They do not have a work/life balance. You are expected to work 70+ hours as a manager, bend over backwards and backwards again for regular staff. Employees (not management) run the company and management is afraid to be real with anyone due to the culture. NO MANAGER SUPPORT! Layoffs happen every year in order to make the 4th Quarter earnings. It is never known who is going to be the next person on the chopping block. The culture is crazy to get used to for someone that is from the outside.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of manager support, culture, layoffs for bottom line
Fun people, challenging customers
Lead Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 29, 2018
Going in each day was fun. I enjoyed the campus and the friendly atmosphere. However, as part of reception, we had to be the front line for angry customer phone calls.
Pros
Friendly co-workers. Fun atmosphere
Cons
Challenging customers
Intuit does what's best for the customer
Supportability Specialist QuickBooks Desktop (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 24, 2018
Very relaxed environment. Getting projects prioritized can be challenging. Major stakeholders are very silo'd. Free snacks, subsidized healthy lunches. Onsite and offsite events during working hours.
Good place to work with great resources
Tax expert (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYOctober 21, 2018
Work as customer service is pretty intense. Calls come in all the time. However, there was no pressure as to how long you spend with client, as long as you give good service. Even though time per client is estimate, managers are very understanding when you spend longer than average time per client. Work is not easy considering that 50 states are calling and all states have there own tax laws and regulations. Would be really beneficial if tax experts will have locations assigned to cover. There is virtual back office available for help in case you can not solve the problem, but not always helpful. I think back office professionals has to be chosen with higher expertise and experience. basically you are the last person to be reached and you have all the stress to "fix it".
I had a great manager and great experience in total .
Pros
good management, normal pay, bonus
Cons
fast speed, complex state tax regulations.
Hr policies very poor
SENIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 17, 2018
Hand picking sometimes, interviews others. Internal practices are secretive and frankly frustrating. Management by feelings not results. Was not informed of not being invited to return. Have the guts to actually inform someone who has been working there for years. Shows a disdain for relationships. Employees are simply a means to and end. When no longer needed, they are a nuisance.
IF youre looking for a place to thrive, and become the best you, this is it!
Outbound High Value Sales (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 17, 2018
Intuit was a God send! The culture pushes its employees to become the best versions of themselves, all while providing them the means to do so. The facilities are top notch, and everyone always has a smile on their face. The mangers (For the most part) take incredibly good care of their teams. They want to help you succeed. This isn't the place where "Johnny million dollars" gets promoted just because he is a good salesmen. They promote for the right reasons. For the most part, everyone I know is in a position they love. If they aren't than management is helping them get their. You done feel like your being pitted against one another, its more of a brotherly competition, and everyone is there to help, lead and succeed. Oh and my health care was 100% free! (after heath screening)
Pros
Free food all the time, excellent benefits, excellent culture, incredible staff
Cons
THings move very quickly, if you arent moving with it you will be left behind.
Great work environment
Web Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 15, 2018
Great work environment. Support provided by management. Great team cohesion on projects. Culture is great. Most employees are happy. Intuit tends to layoff too often, though.

Want to know more about Intuit?

Ask a question
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative/ Call Center (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 13, 2018
Nice place to work I would go back. Its just not geographiclly desirable for me at this time. They have good Managers and employees adn pay fairly. Intuit and medical and dental packages as well.
Pros
nice culture
Cons
advancement is hard
Ok
Technology Operations - Tier 2 Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 12, 2018
Well, it was a long time ago. We started together as a team and then as we got deployed individually, it got more complicated. We were waiting for a management decision.
Fun work environment with onsite gym and full kitchens
Service and Support/Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 11, 2018
Intuit is a very innovative and dynamic place to work and you are expected to perform at the top of your game. They have the best benefits that a company can offer and they hire the best talent out there. This company will take good care of you once you are in. They have adopted the philosophy that a healthy employee is a happy employee and a happy employee is a productive employee. They have a robust wellness program with gyms on site and lots of classes and training. Also an on-site cafeteria. Can’t say enough about the perks!
Pros
Robust Benefit packages and perks
Cons
Training could be better
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant to CEO (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDOctober 10, 2018
The day to day functions of my current position vary. I'm responsible for technicians routes as well as accounting duties. Customer service is a part of my daily routine as well.
Worked from Home
Technical Support Associates PS, TS Specialist (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 6, 2018
Contracted out to Turbo Tax as a Seasonal Product/Technical Support Representative provides technical & customer service support via phone and video chat.
Great company depending on your workgroup
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 6, 2018
I loved the company, the campus, the perks (gym, cafe) but I was an unfortunate victim of being partnered with a coworker who created a hostile wok environment from day 1. It did not matter that I did what was expected of me and more, she was ambiguous and nasty in her communications and it led to my departure. I’ve heard this from others: it all depends on your team at Intuit.
Pros
Campus, Cafeteria, Gym, Work Hours, Telecommuting as needed
Cons
Young company, lack of communication, ambiguous goals, lack of priority, everything is urgent, some workgoups have nasty elements
Values their employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 6, 2018
Great place to work! Values feedback and a work/life balance. Intuit makes it a point to show appreciation and care not only for the employee but definitely their customers.
Very Stressful Environment
Program Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2018
Management lacked communication with employees and there was always significant issues with clarity on strategic goals due to lack of guidance.

Very stressful environment in which week to week you were unsure of your standing with the company. Managers only stated senior leaders are happy with your program, but never actually received performance reviews.

Contracted managers were always let go without any notice or any type of severance packages. Even if you were long tenured and did a good job you were never actually told thank you when positions were eliminated.
Pros
Goog Pay
Cons
Stressful Environment, Lack of Communication, and Poor Guidance.
I like Intuit Inc as orginaziation.
Database Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CASeptember 30, 2018
Intuit takes care of its employee. Intuit provides a good opportunity for advancement. Also, Intuit has a good working environment. Working outside of my team was the best part of my job.
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
Big company
Supportive company but working remotely
Certified Tax Expert, Enrolled Agent (Former Employee) –  Remote, CASeptember 28, 2018
Seasonal employment during tax season so during slow periods did not work full-time, but during busy season you had the opportunity to work up to 60 hrs/wk.Bonus dependent on working full season. Workplace culture was very respectful of employees, no harsh or disrespectful language from higher ups to lower level employees. You were busy with one call after another usually so you are sitting at your computer most of the day. 30 minute lunch didn't feel like enough time to have a mental break and prepare/eat lunch. Worked remotely so you don't have any opportunity to interact with others on a daily basis. You did interact on video remotely and felt I knew my manager who was very helpful. I prefer to prepare taxes and interact with clients face-to-face rather than working by phone and video all day.
Pros
Flexibility, paid for every hour worked
Cons
Working on phone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intuit. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Intuit.

Powered by Comparably