Intuit
Happiness rating is 77 out of 100

Intuit Employee Reviews for Software Engineer

Good company with great product and smart leadership. Enjoyed working there. Engineers were encouraged to have white projects and were encouraged to innovate on companies time.
Pros
encourage innovation
It is great place . Managers are understanding. There code base is little old but they are trying to modernize. People generally do not work from home, but it is acceptable to work from home probably once in a week or once in 2 weeks.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Old Tech
Good mix of easy going and high standards as far as engineering goes. Silicon valley operations. Learned agile scrum and great colleagues and managers.
I was an intern at Intuit for a little over half a year. While the benefits for being an intern were great, I found that the structure around my team wasn't great, and the feedback I received was sub-par, especially with it being my first industry experience. My team saw our manager on average about once a week, and did the tasks assigned to us, but there wasn't really a great code review process, as we didn't do pull requests to have our code looked at before merging it in, and did a sort of overall code review maybe once every two weeks with an engineer that wasn't on our team. My biggest issue was that the feedback I received while I was an intern was extremely different from the feedback I received after the internship that has to be submitted through my old college's co-op program. While I was at work, I received nothing but positive feedback and believed that I was performing admirably, the last conversation that I had with my manager ending that they would recommend me for full time hire post graduation. However, when I got the written feedback through the school, which took me quite a while to track down. it was quite different from the tone I had heard my entire time there. I found the feedback honest and truthful, but having received it after I had left the position left me quite shocked. As such, I felt that I had wasted a lot of growth opportunities because I believed I was doing great. For those going into first positions, get reviews that you have with managers in writing. It's left quite the impression in me that I can't just trust management around me, - more...
I have also get a chance to work with such a gaint in SaaS revenue like INTUIT but some how it is for just 2 + yrs . But if talk about personal growth then it is slow.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Nice Experience, good work life balance , good technologies to work, great work culture, good team , extra curricular activities , unstructured time projects
Made something like $250m for Intuit via the TurboTax Live! offering. Word on the street every engineer makes about $2.2m/year for the company, but it's just a rumor. The days are typically very relaxed but deceivingly so as you're constantly in danger of someone's bad ideas percolating past you. Prepare for high school 3.0.
Pros
Relaxed culture on the surface, nice San Diego campus
Cons
Extremely clique-ish internal culture, big divide between FTEs and contingent workers, massive enterprise Java codebase
Hard to move within the company. Some managers are hard to work with. But the overall quality of engineers great. Strong emphasis in work/life balance, ability to work from home.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
compensation package, middle managers
They have a great culture, they are very family oriented. People are very approachable, have a strong customer-design focus. I would highly recommend it as a place to work for
Pros
free snacks
Intuit truly competes with Google, Microsoft, and Facebook as far as making sure their employees are well compensated and happy. Regular free food, company events, and great amenities at all of their branches.
Pros
Gym, grill, Volleyball courts
Cons
Some middle management can be quite abusive
It is a good company to work for. They should focus more or the product rather than marketing and sometimes it feels like they hire alot of contractors.
Pros
They are good
Short daily scrum meetings, occasionally have other meetings to go over release schedule, changes in the app we're working on, or details on feature improvements that we're currently working on. Eased into a lot of new roles and tasks very well. I learned a lot about what goes into product release and update management, specifics of building an API, and tons of different tools and methods for Unit Testing and other DevOps style work that I would normally be oblivious to. A lot of effort goes into making sure the employees are constantly learning about new things or understanding what different groups in the company are doing to try and collectively improve each product. Much more relaxed culture, partially due to the California Silicon Valley work style. People of all ages and backgrounds, because it's a large company; though most of the people I worked with were older than me, there were plenty of new hires being brought in to fill new roles Project Managers I had were amazing people. Super friendly, knew a lot about their product and had tons of hands-on experience with everything. Seemed that way about most of the project managers in the company as well, at least the ones I met through meetings. Occasionally, releases for product features would go long into a work day due to testing and build processes. Normally not asked to do too much within a work cycle. Agile is dialed over time based on how much a person does or what they can do in a team, though definitely can come to a rush for some features.
Pros
Good breaks, encouraged to learn more, consistent communication, not over-bearing workload
Cons
Meetings can go super long (for product releases/patches)
The place was great to work when it used to be in the old building. The benefits were awesome and so were the people. Not a fan of the management though, they were a bit clueless and sneaky with their hiring practices.
Pros
Great people, good culture
Cons
Sketchy management
Intuit has a great work life balance. There are many activities to keep you engaged apart from work as well. Great benefits. People are nice and willing to help.
Workplace culture may look good from outside but its not true from inside. Bad management of teams. Very stressful sometimes. I am writing this review after my experience for nearly 2+ years. Very old technology based products No career growth. Many are stagnant at the same role for very long time. Lots of politics inside. No one can stand against it. If you question, you are out. Middle management is everything. Engineers have no say on anything as most decisions are top - down. Need to do as said. No questions asked. We have only people manager here. No technical managers. Difficult to work with such managers who don't understand what agile team is trying to explain. Always running behind other teams for updates. No co-ordination among teams. Open door policy is just name sake. Lots of favouritism. Difficult to work in such environment. Don't know what to do. Lots of social media promotion just to keep good name from outside. Very difficult to find good technical work as most of them spend time on writing good emails, reports and dashboards instead of proper problem solving and engineering work
Pros
Good salary, free lunch
Cons
bad management, stressful work, old technology stack
Intuit has amazing work culture, not busy as such but get messy during tax season. Plus if you are in good team you get to work on very new technology stack.
Job Work/Life Balance is too poor Salary/Benefits are very very good Job Security/Advancement is not good Management was bold & won't have good strategy Job Culture is very good
Intuit has a good work-life balance for its employees and has a warm working atmosphere with good perks for fitness and healthy lunches. Management is good for most part except for the fact that they have lot of reorganizations happening now and then.Because of the changes that keep taking place, it sometimes gets hard to adjust to the transitions.
One of the Great place to work, good culture and supporting managers, good place to learn new stuff. Over all good. Free food and cab, lots of tranning to opt for.
Excellent colleagues! Great personal growth, and an awesome compensation package. Overall I recommend Intuit to anyone who want to have a corporate strong lengthy career.
good work life balance. good perks. green card processing policy is not good at this company. I learnt on how to get things done quickly.