Invesco Employee Reviews

Productive Work culture
Sr Engineer, Database Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2019
Good place to work and very good work life balance and more process oriented, Good place to learn many things. Little noise environment else everything is good.
Grade C, would be a B if not for layoffs and relocation situations.
Mailroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 7, 2019
A good company overall. But a huge downsizing and then more layoffs and relocation's made for a stressful situation. That's the nature of financial companies so not really a surprise.
Great
FP&A Corporate Reporting- Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2019
Great Work...treat employees well...work life balance is great and you learn a ton there...always trying to grow it's employees and everyone there is really smart
Great Place to Work
Data Management Analyst II (Former Employee) –  houston, texasFebruary 5, 2019
Invesco was a great place to work for at a long time period. You get to meet and work with all kinds of diversity from over the world. you build relations outside the company as well.
Pros
unlimited daily drinks
Cons
stop giving their employees a Holiday party
Good Place to Work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2019
Invesco has a lot of opportunities and is a good place to work. It offers training and job advancement. There are opportunities for everyone. Many great minds work at Invesco.
good place to learn
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2019
I learned a great deal about business processes and information technology at Invesco. Was somewhat frustrated by being expected to take international calls during off work hours
Pros
good benefits
Cons
tense work environment
A Very Professional and Rewarding Firm to Work For
SVP, President and COO (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA, houston TX, London EnglandDecember 29, 2018
The experience was personally and professionally rewarding. It provided the opportunity to display my ability for leadership, developing people, creating the strategy that was successful, implement change as I saw best, but I did collaborate with peers and my team to assure it was the right direction.
Pros
Challenging you to succeed, great advancement opportunities, global company
Portfolio Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2018
I worked at INVESCO for 18 years so there were alot of changes.
Early morning and close of day were very busy.Working conditions were pleasant. Management was decent considering that they were in Atlanta, Canada and Europe. I had an excellent supervisor who was very supportive and made work a lot easier. Best company I ever worked for.
Pros
Excellent paying benefits
Mediocre asset manager.
HEAD OF GLOBAL QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2018
The company changed management several times. The environment became increasingly "political". Focus shifted often.

Most enjoyable part of the job was developing innovative scientific approaches to investing and asset allocation and then presenting these approaches to prospective clients.
Pros
Compensation, intellectual challenges.
Cons
Politically driven.
Worked from home 98% of the time
Data Analyst -Representative Sr (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2018
My typical day began at 6 am and ended at 1:30pm and consisted of sales reporting and data entry. I worked a 37.5 hour work week with meetings every other Wednesday. I researched trades mutual fund trades to locate missing money for the Internal Wholesaler commissions.
Pros
No micro management and my work day was done by 2 pm unless I chose to work projects for over time, which I often did.
Cons
Management culture
Consulting Position
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2018
I was not happy with my consulting experience. Circumstances outside of our control occurred that impacted my experience but I was not happy with the experience.
Needs to think outside the box more
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 3, 2018
More training & development opportunities should be provided. Training on new software was very scarce; at times it was frustrating trying to figure out best practices without any background.
Volunteering
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2018
They provide time for employees to volunteer.

Certain departments are allowed to work remotely and can work times that may not be during schedule times.
Global growth strategies are opportunities and challenges
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  HostonSeptember 3, 2018
Many operational tasks are streamlined and automated. IT projects often take longer to implement due to risk aversion. The global nature of the business has changed the operational expectations
Its ok
Cash Management Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2018
I have been working at Invesco for over 10 years. There is not a lot of opportunity to move up in the company. Hard work is not rewarded it all about who you know and not about how hard or well you do your job.
Head down, grind it out company. Culture-less environment particularly due to new leadership in Marketing and Sales.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2018
Head down, grind it out company. In the past year, new management has become distant and cold, particularly in distribution that includes sales and marketing.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Culture-less environment
decent company
Technical Development Specialist- Dealer Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2018
Invesco was a good company to work for if your can stand office politics and being micro managed. The majority of the departments were open floor/ cubicle environments that tended to make for a noisy environment.
benefits
Cons
micro manage
Work/life
Senior Portfolio Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2018
This company has a great work/life balance. With the option to work remotely I don't have to take off work for sick kids, doctor appointments, etc.

I found the career advancement in my field is not clearly defined. There is no career plan for my specific position, so I find myself having to possible change my field because 'm not finding the opportunities to advance.

Also I find here that it's WHO you know and not WHAT you know to get ahead here.
Pros
Worl/Life Balance
Cons
Advancement Opprotunites
A place to work, close to everywhere.
Tax Analyst-Tax Distribution (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2018
A typical day at work.w what you learned management workplace culture the hardest part of the job the most enjoable part of the job

A place to work, close to everywhere.

Dont want to talke about the wprking expeirence here. can I just .
Feeling of Community
Portfolio Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
Worked in a large group and there was always a sense of community and plenty of opportunity to grow. The environment is ever changing and the people are very good to be around.
Pros
Benefits and diversity
Cons
Systems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Invesco. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss