Invesco Employee Reviews

A Very Professional and Rewarding Firm to Work For
SVP, President and COO (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA, houston TX, London EnglandDecember 29, 2018
The experience was personally and professionally rewarding. It provided the opportunity to display my ability for leadership, developing people, creating the strategy that was successful, implement change as I saw best, but I did collaborate with peers and my team to assure it was the right direction.
Pros
Challenging you to succeed, great advancement opportunities, global company
Portfolio Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2018
I worked at INVESCO for 18 years so there were alot of changes.
Early morning and close of day were very busy.Working conditions were pleasant. Management was decent considering that they were in Atlanta, Canada and Europe. I had an excellent supervisor who was very supportive and made work a lot easier. Best company I ever worked for.
Pros
Excellent paying benefits
Mediocre asset manager.
HEAD OF GLOBAL QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2018
The company changed management several times. The environment became increasingly "political". Focus shifted often.

Most enjoyable part of the job was developing innovative scientific approaches to investing and asset allocation and then presenting these approaches to prospective clients.
Pros
Compensation, intellectual challenges.
Cons
Politically driven.
Worked from home 98% of the time
Data Analyst -Representative Sr (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2018
My typical day began at 6 am and ended at 1:30pm and consisted of sales reporting and data entry. I worked a 37.5 hour work week with meetings every other Wednesday. I researched trades mutual fund trades to locate missing money for the Internal Wholesaler commissions.
Pros
No micro management and my work day was done by 2 pm unless I chose to work projects for over time, which I often did.
Cons
Management culture
Consulting Position
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2018
I was not happy with my consulting experience. Circumstances outside of our control occurred that impacted my experience but I was not happy with the experience.
Needs to think outside the box more
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 3, 2018
More training & development opportunities should be provided. Training on new software was very scarce; at times it was frustrating trying to figure out best practices without any background.
Volunteering
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2018
They provide time for employees to volunteer.

Certain departments are allowed to work remotely and can work times that may not be during schedule times.
Global growth strategies are opportunities and challenges
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  HostonSeptember 3, 2018
Many operational tasks are streamlined and automated. IT projects often take longer to implement due to risk aversion. The global nature of the business has changed the operational expectations
Its ok
Cash Management Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2018
I have been working at Invesco for over 10 years. There is not a lot of opportunity to move up in the company. Hard work is not rewarded it all about who you know and not about how hard or well you do your job.
Head down, grind it out company. Culture-less environment particularly due to new leadership in Marketing and Sales.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2018
Head down, grind it out company. In the past year, new management has become distant and cold, particularly in distribution that includes sales and marketing.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Culture-less environment
decent company
Technical Development Specialist- Dealer Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2018
Invesco was a good company to work for if your can stand office politics and being micro managed. The majority of the departments were open floor/ cubicle environments that tended to make for a noisy environment.
benefits
Cons
micro manage
Work/life
Senior Portfolio Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2018
This company has a great work/life balance. With the option to work remotely I don't have to take off work for sick kids, doctor appointments, etc.

I found the career advancement in my field is not clearly defined. There is no career plan for my specific position, so I find myself having to possible change my field because 'm not finding the opportunities to advance.

Also I find here that it's WHO you know and not WHAT you know to get ahead here.
Pros
Worl/Life Balance
Cons
Advancement Opprotunites
A place to work, close to everywhere.
Tax Analyst-Tax Distribution (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2018
A typical day at work.w what you learned management workplace culture the hardest part of the job the most enjoable part of the job

A place to work, close to everywhere.

Dont want to talke about the wprking expeirence here. can I just .
Feeling of Community
Portfolio Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
Worked in a large group and there was always a sense of community and plenty of opportunity to grow. The environment is ever changing and the people are very good to be around.
Pros
Benefits and diversity
Cons
Systems
Good company. Too much changes lately
Senior Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2018
Overall, I really enjoyed the time at Invesco. It's a good company with good working environment, good people, fair compensation. Unfortunately, we had so much changes in the past two years
Good management
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2018
Greet management team. The people I interacted on a daily basis was great. After being gone for so long I still have a relationship with them. The company needs to be more flexible.
Pros
Good management team
Cons
Not very flexible
Good Place to Work
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2018
Offers good work life balance and excellent benefits. The corporate culture is dependent on the office location. There are enough opportunities to socialize and get involved in exra-curricular activities.
Pros
Good work life balance and benefits
Cons
Too many changes being made too fast, without giving thought to the longterm impact. No career advancement opportunities.
Fast pace work enviroment.
Operations Support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2018
Great company. Offers many benefits. Management is not the greatest and there is constant turnover. Company is moving directions and will eventually send financial department work to another bank. This will cause layoffs.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management
Developer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2018
Good place to work with good benefits . Flexible work hours but no career growth and advancement. Lack of leadership from some upper management / team
Slightly above average benefits, difficult to advance up
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2018
When I worked here, I was scheduled to work 37.5 hours/week. This was to avoid paying OT and also because Mondays, or the day following a holiday often involved staying late to complete work. I learned a lot about the different types of retirement plans that companies offer.
Pros
Benefits were pretty good
Cons
Lots of middle management and it's difficult to advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Invesco. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss