Invesco Employee Reviews

Volunteering
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2018
They provide time for employees to volunteer.

Certain departments are allowed to work remotely and can work times that may not be during schedule times.
Global growth strategies are opportunities and challenges
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  HostonSeptember 3, 2018
Many operational tasks are streamlined and automated. IT projects often take longer to implement due to risk aversion. The global nature of the business has changed the operational expectations
Its ok
Cash Management Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2018
I have been working at Invesco for over 10 years. There is not a lot of opportunity to move up in the company. Hard work is not rewarded it all about who you know and not about how hard or well you do your job.
Head down, grind it out company. Culture-less environment particularly due to new leadership in Marketing and Sales.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2018
Head down, grind it out company. In the past year, new management has become distant and cold, particularly in distribution that includes sales and marketing.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Culture-less environment
decent company
Technical Development Specialist- Dealer Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2018
Invesco was a good company to work for if your can stand office politics and being micro managed. The majority of the departments were open floor/ cubicle environments that tended to make for a noisy environment.
benefits
Cons
micro manage
Work/life
Senior Portfolio Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2018
This company has a great work/life balance. With the option to work remotely I don't have to take off work for sick kids, doctor appointments, etc.

I found the career advancement in my field is not clearly defined. There is no career plan for my specific position, so I find myself having to possible change my field because 'm not finding the opportunities to advance.

Also I find here that it's WHO you know and not WHAT you know to get ahead here.
Pros
Worl/Life Balance
Cons
Advancement Opprotunites
A place to work, close to everywhere.
Tax Analyst-Tax Distribution (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2018
A typical day at work.w what you learned management workplace culture the hardest part of the job the most enjoable part of the job

A place to work, close to everywhere.

Dont want to talke about the wprking expeirence here. can I just .
Feeling of Community
Portfolio Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
Worked in a large group and there was always a sense of community and plenty of opportunity to grow. The environment is ever changing and the people are very good to be around.
Pros
Benefits and diversity
Cons
Systems
Good company. Too much changes lately
Senior Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2018
Overall, I really enjoyed the time at Invesco. It's a good company with good working environment, good people, fair compensation. Unfortunately, we had so much changes in the past two years
Good management
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2018
Greet management team. The people I interacted on a daily basis was great. After being gone for so long I still have a relationship with them. The company needs to be more flexible.
Pros
Good management team
Cons
Not very flexible
Good Place to Work
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2018
Offers good work life balance and excellent benefits. The corporate culture is dependent on the office location. There are enough opportunities to socialize and get involved in exra-curricular activities.
Pros
Good work life balance and benefits
Cons
Too many changes being made too fast, without giving thought to the longterm impact. No career advancement opportunities.
Fast pace work enviroment.
Operations Support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2018
Great company. Offers many benefits. Management is not the greatest and there is constant turnover. Company is moving directions and will eventually send financial department work to another bank. This will cause layoffs.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management
Developer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2018
Good place to work with good benefits . Flexible work hours but no career growth and advancement. Lack of leadership from some upper management / team
Slightly above average benefits, difficult to advance up
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2018
When I worked here, I was scheduled to work 37.5 hours/week. This was to avoid paying OT and also because Mondays, or the day following a holiday often involved staying late to complete work. I learned a lot about the different types of retirement plans that companies offer.
Pros
Benefits were pretty good
Cons
Lots of middle management and it's difficult to advance
Productive and a fun place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2018
• Supporting the Global Corporate Compliance Department, the Global Core Communications Department, four Directors and a team of 200, globally Compliance team members.
• Completed complex travel arrangements, busy team and managements calendars, ordered supplies,
• Completed expense reports, presentations, correspondence, completed Human Resources documentations and track compliance reporting.
• Recorded notes from different leadership meetings
• Coordinate, assemble and distribute the weekly asset team progress reports
• Worked in a team and independently projects under minimal supervision
Pros
free special coffies and soft drink beverages
Cons
short breaks
Invesco - Sales Consultant
Internal Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2018
Do not hesitate if you have the opportunity to work for Invesco. They have exceptional products, thought leadership, and resources which allows them to stand out against competitors. Invesco really values their employees and makes sure they have the training they need to succeed.
Outstanding Investment Company
Program Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2018
I enjoyed working at this company and was very disheartened to learn my position was eliminated. There is plenty of room for advancement within the firm and is highly encouraged. The work is fast-paced in every department, professional development is championed, and the work/life balance is second to none. The culture is very engaging and almost familial, which is extremely difficult to achieve in such a large company.
Pros
Culture, benefits & work/life balance
Cons
Restructuring and outsourcing are common occurrences
Fantastic Oppertunity
Advance Developer Distribution Application (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2018
I had the pleasure to work with very time sensitive information. The key aspect for any job is he PEOPLE, your skill set is what you bring to the team. you get in the role what is need for the team sounds more like Agile methodology but we did it in water fall (miniature). Learned a lot about investment business. As always great people, management .
Pros
Improve skill set, great mentors
productive
CA Sr Tech Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2018
It is ok to work there have several places where improvement could be made, I think an undercover boss experience needs to happen. It is a investment mgmt company
Great place to work now
ASSOCIATE PRINCIPAL (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2018
There was a major disconnect between the software and infrastructure teams. I tried to bridge the gap at a basic level but at the end, there was no buy in.
benefits
Cons
no vision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Invesco. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight