Investors Bank Employee Reviews

The Good, the Bad, & The Ugly of the Green Weave Bank
Staff Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJJanuary 14, 2019
Not enough opportunity for advancement
Favoritism among workers
Compensation lacking and people are below market in pay
Raises are lacking
Management makes the Bank seem like it's doing actually better than it is (making it out to be like a big bank when ideally very small)
A good place for very experienced individuals like those with VP and above credentials
Understaffed so some departments have to work long hours with work not being recognized or compensated
No career guidance provided on how to move up the corporate ladder
Overall, basically a place to get experience and move on
Pros
Food, People, Culture
Cons
Compensation, Favoritism, No Career Advancement, Understaffed
Tough Place To Work
Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2019
Bank solely driven to run as lean as possible to drive stock price up for shareholders. Employees are asked to work harder without any investment in proper resources.
poor place to work with
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJJanuary 2, 2019
I have worked for Investors over 2 years. I was a Customer services associate first and then 3 months later I was promoted to a personal banker iii. I love the customers and my job but management made it very difficult to work. This bank always had conflicting answers to a problem. There was a lot of back and forth. I always had to cover myself with who i spoke to, taking names down and keeping emails so i do not get i trouble. Management does not really work they hand their employees work to do get done without them knowing how to do the work themselves. I feel learning together is important as we are all a team and especially as a new employee coming into Investors I was not knowing what to expect from this job, I was misguided. I had to figure everything out myself through calling back office and reading a lot. I had a very stressful experience, especially that because I was the personal banker goals fell on me mostly. I had a bad team to work with and I wouldn't recommend this bank to anyone.
Pros
health coverage
Cons
poor management
Overall experience is commonplace for me
Customer Service Associate I/Acting Head Teller (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 4, 2018
Process transactions
Open accounts
Perform audits and other types of operations
Respond to emails and phone calls

There is no hard part of the job. Assistance can be found in Policies and Procedures and/or Branch Administration. Most enjoyable part is interacting with customers and having cool managers.
Pros
Income, gain banking experience, benefits, etc.
Cons
Short breaks, understaffed, additional work for same pay, etc.
Fun place to work with lots of perks
Deposit Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJOctober 29, 2018
Nice company to work for, there is a lot of biased-favoritism if you can overlook that. The pay is fair, work-pace is slow, lots of fun activities and perks. There are a lot of free healthy breakfast and a ton of volunteering and or charitable activities, which is nice and very rewarding. Plenty of nice people in the staff, management on the other hand does have play the favoritism hand quite a bit. Not too much else to say for this place. It's an okay place to work.
Pros
Fun activities and volunteer work
Cons
No room for advancement
Fun enviroment
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
It helps you become a well rounded person in general. I liked working there quite a bit, and the management team is very easy going and talented. Overall I would do it again if I could.
Can be fun place to work. Bonuses. Engaging community culture.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Spring Lake Heights, NJAugust 24, 2018
Busy environment. Very supportive team members. Friendly, competitive atmosphere. Continuing education is a requirement in a supportive atmosphere. Giving back to the communities is priority and required with this company.
Pros
Always busy, always changing. Competitive. Quarterly bonuses.
Cons
Open weekends, sales
Was once an amazing place
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJAugust 17, 2018
Nice place to work but the culture is nothing like it use to be. I have nothing else to comment on regarding the company that hasn’t already been addressed by the questions I was asked.
don't believe the promises
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJJuly 21, 2018
The CEO, and his ilk are extremely out of touch. Systems are not appropriate for the workload. You will be overworked and expected to work late with no pay. Time off allowances are criminal given the extra time they expect. Stay far far away
Pros
the pay check clears
Cons
everything
needs to step up their game
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJuly 12, 2018
The company is "ok." There is nothing to set it apart from any other that overworks and underpays. People move around often, making it difficult to maintain the well-oiled machine of teamwork.

Want to know more about Investors Bank?

Ask a question
fun work place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, NJJuly 10, 2018
great place to work lots of activities and community service. the company party is great get your raise each year and starting salary is great. branches are busy some days and you get quarterly bounses
Not a nice place to wirk
Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 4, 2018
Branch manager condescending thinks he is king
Family balance not allowed
Branch manager very disrespectful
Female workers don't get much chance of moving up in the branch even if you have been there many years
Branch manager won't even consider helping to move you along
Forced to do community service even though you are supposed to be at your second job
Pros
Cons
Culture management no advancement
investors bank
Deposit Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJMay 31, 2018
been with the company for long enough. really don't have anything to say other that that they need to value and compensate ALL employees better not just management.
Great culture with friendly people
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJMay 25, 2018
They do a lot events for employees and their families, they are a community bank, it’s mandatory to volunteer at soup kitchens and be involved in community events, everyone are really friends and helpful, but it’s hard to move up in the company, and the pay doesn’t compare to others in the same industry
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Low pay
Currently there
Consultant - Benefits temp (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJMay 19, 2018
No Comment. I am currently there and do not want a recommendation influenced by what I write. Re- think this request - especially while employed with the company you are asking about.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Must open an Investors bank account to receive your pay
My first Bank, not a bad place to start
PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 15, 2018
The bank is growing and begging to set individual goals. If you are in a slow branch its a ghost town, if its a business branch, you are drowning. Not much inbetween.

Lots of room for learning and growth, no one will hold your hand and give you more opportunities. Grab them, run with them, you'll move up.
Great Enviroment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 8, 2018
A great company with great environment to work in for the most part. Great Benefits and training. however the pay is a bit below market value and you really need to negotiate when you are hired.
Great Culture and Work Experience. Love the atmosphere and energy staff brings to the table. Corporate really intergrates with Branch staff
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 8, 2018
Corporate Makes everyone feel as Equals.Brings Communities together, Atmosphere is always enjoyable fun and made working at Investors a wonderful place to work, Great Compensation.
Pros
What you put in the Payout is well worth it! Community Drivin, Treated like equals All the way to Corporate!
Cons
Wish the drive for promotions would be more positive, You really have to push to make anyone move an inch ( Keep in mind / my experience was 5 yrs ago)
Good place to start entry level banking job
CSA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 7, 2018
Working at investors bank is a good start in the banking area. With good team and reliable mentors you can learn a lot. Good place to learn new skills and make your way up in banking industry
Fun company with great team chemistry
Customer Service Associate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 3, 2018
Great work environment. Very sales oriented business. Family like culture. Good communication within the branch and many opportunities to move up in management.
Pros
solid pto, holiday parties and paid holidays, spacious work environment
Cons
short staff, archaic work systems slack of customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Investors Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about