Investors Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Currently there
Consultant - Benefits temp (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJMay 19, 2018
No Comment. I am currently there and do not want a recommendation influenced by what I write. Re- think this request - especially while employed with the company you are asking about.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Must open an Investors bank account to receive your pay
My first Bank, not a bad place to start
PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 15, 2018
The bank is growing and begging to set individual goals. If you are in a slow branch its a ghost town, if its a business branch, you are drowning. Not much inbetween.

Lots of room for learning and growth, no one will hold your hand and give you more opportunities. Grab them, run with them, you'll move up.
Great Culture and Work Experience. Love the atmosphere and energy staff brings to the table. Corporate really intergrates with Branch staff
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 8, 2018
Corporate Makes everyone feel as Equals.Brings Communities together, Atmosphere is always enjoyable fun and made working at Investors a wonderful place to work, Great Compensation.
Pros
What you put in the Payout is well worth it! Community Drivin, Treated like equals All the way to Corporate!
Cons
Wish the drive for promotions would be more positive, You really have to push to make anyone move an inch ( Keep in mind / my experience was 5 yrs ago)
Good place to start entry level banking job
CSA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 7, 2018
Working at investors bank is a good start in the banking area. With good team and reliable mentors you can learn a lot. Good place to learn new skills and make your way up in banking industry
Fun company with great team chemistry
Customer Service Associate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 3, 2018
Great work environment. Very sales oriented business. Family like culture. Good communication within the branch and many opportunities to move up in management.
Pros
solid pto, holiday parties and paid holidays, spacious work environment
Cons
short staff, archaic work systems slack of customers
It's Alright
CSA Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJApril 24, 2018
I love the people I work with, but the job is stressful because we have a very out dated system and back make it seem like it is all on the branch when system issues occur. the system makes you not want to work for the company. The people are great there but the computer equipment is terrible.
Pros
The Co-workers
Cons
not so great pay and costly health insurance
Mixed thoughts
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  NJApril 20, 2018
When I first started at Investors, it was a great work culture. They said happy employees equal happy customers. However, the culture has changed quite a bit. There is a lot of sales pressure which our customers are not adjusting well to and upper management expects perfection in everything even though our computers are very slow and have frequent problems. I think they are growing so fast that corporate doesn't know how to adapt quick enough. Before they motivated more by saying well done. Now they embarrass you in front of your peers if you're not perfect. I will say the benefits like medical, dental, and retirement are very good though, possibly best I've had anywhere. They take care of you in that way at least. They do offer lots of training for employees as well.
Pros
Benefits, healthcare, Pto, training
Cons
Work-home life balance, sales pressure, slow computers
Great Place To Work
Commercial Real Estate Banker Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2018
A great company to work for!
I learned a lot in my time with Investors and picked up many additional and new skills.
Great place to start your banking career.
summary
Risk Management, Commercial Appraiser Trainee (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJApril 19, 2018
Good place to work. I enjoy my time here and it feels like family. There are some process improvements that the company is making and I look forward to the change.
Pros
people
Cons
process
Ok job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 17, 2018
Looking for a new career path. After working in one place for several years, there is an urge to expand growth and gain more experience. Customer service is a great field but looking to go into business management.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Questionalble management
Horrible workplace
Customer Service Associate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 11, 2018
Worse salary and Management horrible, if you do not kiss their back , you won't get any promotion. horrible place to work . Managers and ABM do not work their, they just relaxing .
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJApril 6, 2018
Worked there for over 10 years. In order to advance is not what you know is who you know. The annual raises are a joke. There is no life and work balance, community events are mandatory. No vacation or sick time, everything is PTO.
Pros
Great CoWorkers
Cons
Upper management doesn’t care about nobody but themselves
lovely place to work for
Assistant Branch Manager I (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 28, 2018
This bank is up to par with the banking industry. They care about their employees and are always looking to ensure that we are all happy within our branches.
Not a good place
Assistant Customer Service Associate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  NYMarch 21, 2018
Bad pay, No work/life balance. Over the top with sales goals. Doesn't want to pay overtime. Management is a joke. Old computer systems which always have problems. I do not think this bank will make another few years.
Poor Work/Life Balance
Cash Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJMarch 18, 2018
In all fairness, I was only employed by Investors Bank for 1 year. I was hired after an acquisition when they bought GCF Bank. The new position that was offered just didn't work out for either party.
great teamwork
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Brick, NJMarch 14, 2018
I oversee branch operations and that we are all working within compliance policies and procedures.
Customer retention and resolving customer issues and complaints.
Mentoring and coaching the team.
Making sure we are always providing excellent customer service.
The most enjoyable part of my day is being able to help people.
Pros
work environment, benefits, bonuses
Cons
job security
Productive work place and Many Learning opportunities on banking
Customer Service Associate I (Current Employee) –  Cedar Grove, NJMarch 4, 2018
-Communicate, interact, and relate with customers.
-Basically learned and experienced new career in banking.
-Good Communication with management and team members.
-Really build a strong and friendly relationship with customers.
-The hardest part of the job is learning multiple systems, learning multiple job positions, dealing with a busy branch, and etc.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is being involved with the community, going to fun community events, knowing your customer, feeling important to the customer, and opportunities to grow and learn.
Pros
Community events, benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 1, 2018
Investors Bank has been a great place to work and enjoy career building opportunities and development. Strong senior management and executive leadership.
Amazing place to work that gives you the opportunity to grow professionally.
MIS & Data Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJJanuary 25, 2018
Working at Investors Bank was a very beneficial and enjoyable experience. One thing that really hit home for me was the corporate culture. Everyone who works for the company is really nice and wants you to succeed. Also, this internship experience provided me the opportunity to be a more open minded person and helped me improve upon my communication skills.
Great company but lack of employee compassion
Service Specialist- Client Care Center (Current Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJJanuary 25, 2018
Wonderful company and great intentions. Management is definitely flexible. Only downfall is company is growing way too fast and corporate can not keep it. Gets very stressful at times.
Pros
Different schedule every 3 months, work remotely
Cons
Short lunch, little advancement