Investors Title Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Stressful, high pressure, not worth the cost to your health
Processor (Current Employee) –  Clayton, MO, Florissant, MOMay 7, 2018
The atmosphere at this company has become toxic over the years.
They do not hire enough staff, they do not listen to your concerns. you have no power. They racially discriminate also.
Cons
No lunchs, health insurance policy is poor
Very competitive, good workplace
Office manager/title insurance underwriter (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 25, 2018
I enjoyed working with Investors Title. Received my underwriting license and consistently met company goals and managed a branch office, managed 2-3 underwriters. Great job.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Competitive
It is an awesome company
SSRS Reports Developer (Customer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 11, 2017
The culture is wonderful and the team dynamics are like part of a big family. I would definitely recommend working here. The process workflow is organized and has tremendous value.
Provide title insurance and finals
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 27, 2017
Prepared commitments, finals and back title letters. Provided quotes for attorneys and paralegals. Company provided training on new laws and procedures. l also trained new employees. High volume company, one must stay focus.
Pros
Lunch with clents
Cons
Stay focus since it was a larger company
underwriter (Former Employee) –  North Carolina, united statesMarch 17, 2017
Working for Investors is a second career for me; and it has been a positive change. They offer competitive benefits package, pay salary, and performance based bonus incentives.
Pros
Benefits, pay, bonuses, opportunities for advancement
Cons
fast pace
Great company that cares
Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 16, 2017
This is a fast paced job, but if you are a hard worker, it will be noticed. Management leads by positive examples. They really do care about their employees and want to keep them happy and positive. They also have excellent benefits.
Pros
postitive management, benefits
Cons
Some small offices that make coverage difficult
Licensed Title Insurance agent
Office Manager/licensed title insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 3, 2016
I managed the Goldsboro Branch. answered phones, quote and bound title insurance for attorneys for purchased of homes by individuals (This is required by the lender for them to have title insurance) Very fast paced, Only one in the Goldsboro Branch.

I had never written title insurance so this was a new challenge. I became a licensed title insurance agent. I learned legal terminology and that it is a very "difficult language to understand". Would have liked to have more detailed training.

Management was good.

My co-workers were other branch managers. They were all great and easy to work with. A great willingness to help.

The hardest part was the legal terminology. Since I had no legal background it was difficult to understand.

The enjoyable part was helping the attorneys. Building great relationships with them.
Pros
Great benefit packages good pay
Cons
Needed more than one person in the office as it was very hectic, 30 minute time limit to quote/bind/issue policies with long legal descriptions
A company based solely on production instead of intregity
Office Manager/Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 17, 2015
When I first started working for Investors it was the greatest of all jobs. A new management came in and cut employee benefits extremely. The work was based on productivity instead of professionalism. Many mistakes were made that had to be corrected by the managers. The managers took the fall for all errors. My situation was with an employee who worked directly for the company and based her job on production. I had to correct her mistakes even though she did not work for me or answer to me although audits results were my responsibility even though I had no control over her responses or actions. I had always received excellent yearly audits until my office was the location of a person beyond my control. Her actions and decisions resulted in an unexceptable grade which was reflected solely on me.
Pros
Medicable reiumrsment/ paid employee insurance
Cons
Would not pay overtime or allow you to show you worked overtime
Offered some lunch n learn programs, free flu shots, tailgate parties for clients prior to UNC football games, however, most employees did not attend
National Markets Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 16, 2013
Worked independently most days but also part of a team. I had done this type of work for 10 years prior to joining the company so picked up easily and ran with it mostly on my own as there was no one else there that had done the majority of my work load.
Pros
Good benefit program
Cons
Few breaks, too many cliques, no advancement for support staff
small office, company performs regular lay offs
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCJuly 16, 2012
high paced environment, requires independent working skills and flexibility. only allow 30 minuet lunches, and upper management is out of touch with the individual offices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Investors Title Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about