Invitation Homes Employee Reviews

Original management was great, new management is not
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 2, 2018
It has been a long time sonce I was there I can't say what the current culture is like but the current management is not the same management that made it a fun place to work when I was there.
Pros
was an easy job with some good co-workers
Cons
low pay, no job security
A living nightmare to work within
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 23, 2018
This company was awful! The maintenance department dictated what the property managers were to do. I was accused of saying things that never came out of my mouth. I had to call HR due to the hostile work environment produced by this company.

No budget, the homes we put people in were filthy and only half fixed. It was an embarrassment to place people in our rental homes.
Fast paced environment
Regional Rehab & Turn Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 23, 2018
My job consists of very fast paced and always multi tasking. I manage field technicians as well as office staff.

I do enjoy my job and have worked here over 5 years but with a merger that recently happened there are going to be a lot of staff changes.
not good place to work
RST- Resident Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 27, 2018
not a very good place to work for a great career not recommend for any body to work for allot of chiefs and no Indians so just think before you want to work this company
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
no colture
Questionable
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAFebruary 13, 2018
The company has gone through many changes and people and at this point just seems to be cooperate and about where they can save but not take care of their people. They are soon to be on their 4th lay off. Hopefully they will make some good long term changes that benefit the employees moving forward.
Unorginized and ill preparied
Assistant Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 7, 2018
I disliked working for this company due to the lack of legal knowledge and respect the staff had for each other. My direct boss caused our work environment to be toxic. I was unable to voice my opinions due to the repercussions I would receive.
Lovely Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 30, 2018
I absolutely love working for Invitation Homes. Started off as a temp but was hired on after my probation period. I love my mananger. The company as a whole has great room for advancement. The pay is good and the benefits are great. The PTO and other Time off policies here are great!! They are very understanding and family oriented. I would not leave this job ever if I was promoted to a position that had a great salary within my goal ranges.
Pros
Pto, fast paced, competitive, friendly staff
productive busy stressful place hard workers
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 24, 2018
I would say its a good company to work for. the culture is normanl management meet alot its a busy non stop environment. they really treat their employees good.
Pros
flexiblitiy
Cons
stressful
Too many Chiefs & Not Enough Leaders
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJanuary 21, 2018
To many chiefs and not a lot of leaders. As a veteran I always ask what it took to get hired at company didn't get info until 2yrs later and you need real estate license to become Property Manager. I started mines and still let go.
Pros
Great hours, Good Experience
Cons
Bad Pay & People
Productive work place
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2018
This company is a great place to work. Managers keep employees up to date with weekly meetings. It's great that you're able yo stay busy so time doesn't drag.
Official response from Invitation Homes
January 22, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying working with the great Tampa team and that communication is frequent!

One way company
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2018
It's not what you know it's who you know. I was with the company for several years was one of their best employees. You can't get a promotion if you work within the company because apparently they don't trust people enough or think they can do a good enough job to move you up. So they end up hiring ex-cons from outside the company. The people you work with are great for the most part. Some are backstabbers some profess to be your friend and really aren't but all in all generally the people are good. The job is very stressful not worth the pay the computers and the equipment they give us barely works for a multimillion-dollar company you would think that they could afford to get equipment that made the job easier. They do have nice parties for people's birthdays and Christmas and holidays they cater in food more than a normal company would and the hours were good. But they tell you one thing and do another. And then in the end you get let go for something everybody else does only find out they start enforcing that rule once you're gone.
Pros
The benefits of paid time off, the vacation, the holidays are all good, the people you work with as a whole are really good.
Cons
Too many cons to list here
Official response from Invitation Homes
January 22, 2018

Thank you for sharing your comments. I'm sorry to hear that we were not a good fit for you long term. We strive to provide all resources to set our associates up for success and communicate consistently. There is no doubt there are changes in processes as we are fast moving in a new industry with a focus on continuous improvement. Best wishes to you in the future.

Bad management
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2018
It was a new system when I got there and all of the bugs hadn't been worked out of the process of getting the homes to market. They hired a lot of second rate contractors which made it impossible to achieve the type of work they wanted tone in a reasonable time frame
Pros
Great coworkers.
Cons
bad management, unrealistic time frames for rehabbing a horrible home.
nice working conditions
Investment Closer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 4, 2018
worked 8 hours under no pressure, team members do not work as a team. I can do this work in my sleep. Management was ok, I just started and they decided to merge and they are letting a lot of management go.
Pros
close to home
Cons
not friendly
It was a mixed bag
Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2017
I was on an unending contract with Invitation starting in 2016 as a copywriter for the leasing team. Like the review states, it was really a mixed bag! Start-up vibes but also the company went public while I was there so actually it was an older company with a fresh face I believe. The location was great, the office looks recently re-done and was very modern. The break room in the middle they call the family room always had snacks and a Starbucks coffee machine which rocked. The bathrooms and other spaces were always clean. The manager of our team was a really nice, chill dude. The ladies under him however were a bit hit-or-miss... me and the other girls dealt with them the most and most days everything was fine and we were left to do our work and that was that. But people would just disappear... I dropped down to part time near the end as another opportunity came up but yeah odd things started happening towards the end there. Growing pains I'm sure! Would have been happy to stay if I'd been offered a position on the creative team. Sometimes the C-team would roll around a cart of cookies for all of us on the lower floor which was really sweet!
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, snacks, celebrations
Cons
Cut-throat at times
Great pay, depending on how long you can last....
Portfolio Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLDecember 20, 2017
Company pays great, just wish they had more ethics & values. Be prepared to work lots of overtime. Managers are forced to increase renewal rates to the max.
Pros
Good pay & benefits
Cons
Zero work life balance
Commissions Payroll Specialist/ Admin. Assis. (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLDecember 9, 2017
This is a fast paced. Employees also must be good with customer service. This is a family oriented company. Not much room for growth inside the company.
decent workplace
Marketing Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 27, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company for the most part. The customers had alot of complaints about the company....................................................
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
company reviews were terrible
Love the new office and the new cubes - promotes lots of interaction
Accounting Manager/Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 16, 2017
It's great to interact with team members, which is needed often as there are changes during close at the last minute which require do overs.

When the team has reached a milestone there are often Pop-up's in the breakroom to celebrate. This also often includes the markets.

It is very Veteran friendly. It is always nice to be able to hire someone who has worked in the military and has now come home and needs a civilian job.
Pros
Office space, Pop-ups for milestones, collaboration with team
Cons
Turnover, last minute changes
It started out great...
Maintenance Technician and Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 10, 2017
Everything started out great, but they slowly cut down people year after year. The office size has shrunk down dramatically in the 4 years I've been there.
invitation homes
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 31, 2017
Working here was fun because you did get a lot of down time but when it was time to work it was time to work you will be sweating like crazy so stay hydrated an drink plenty of water.
Pros
Down time
Cons
Heat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Invitation Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight