Invitation Homes Employee Reviews

Good place to work till reorganization occured.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 5, 2018
A typical day at work was busy and fun at the same time till the reorganization at the company. Management was fair. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customers. The easiest part of the job was helping to create a happy culture.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Reorganization hurt the culture.
Hopefully they have merged into something better
Shared Services Coordinator/ Utility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAAugust 3, 2018
Started at the beginning of this company building and it was amazing, the people were amazing to work with. Stayed through 3 layoffs and management now is terrible. When under pressure they are not attentive to employees needs or requests. Corporate HR is horrible to its employees. Hopefully with the last merger they will get things back on track.
Pros
Benefits, diversity, functions, bonuses
Cons
Promises, keeping focus on the employees needs, more concerned with money than attention to detail
Invitation Homes
Homeowners Association Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 5, 2018
Surprisingly, this company is still in business. This is more than likely because all 'higher up' management was fired shortly after I resigned. The company itself can do well, just with better people in place to run it and its residents more efficiently.
Mpme
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 1, 2018
Nice you could work from home on occasion but worked a lot of hours. Very demanding job and the pay was not good. If they would have given me a raise I would have stayed
Pros
could work from home
Cons
worked all the time
Fun to Highly Stressful
Assistant Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJuly 10, 2018
Learned various reporting methods and strategic planning for high volume properties. Previous management was very knowledgeable and approachable. Training was followed to increase productivity and moral. Awarding systems encouraged great service and improvement. The difficulty began when the company merged with another company and the management staff began to move on to other companies. Less training took place, less people working shifts and ultimately more than half of the staff was dismissed which created an extremely heavy work load for everyone else. Highly stressful.
Pros
Great Staff and excellent training.
Cons
No Loyalty for dedicated associates.
Original management was great, new management is not
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 2, 2018
It has been a long time sonce I was there I can't say what the current culture is like but the current management is not the same management that made it a fun place to work when I was there.
Pros
was an easy job with some good co-workers
Cons
low pay, no job security
Lovely Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 30, 2018
I absolutely love working for Invitation Homes. Started off as a temp but was hired on after my probation period. I love my mananger. The company as a whole has great room for advancement. The pay is good and the benefits are great. The PTO and other Time off policies here are great!! They are very understanding and family oriented. I would not leave this job ever if I was promoted to a position that had a great salary within my goal ranges.
Pros
Pto, fast paced, competitive, friendly staff
Excellent Co to work for
Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 9, 2018
I enjoyed the ability to manage my day and avoid my manager looking over my shoulder . We have a flexible work schedule and the ability to work from home . The work is interesting , we have the ability to take inbound calls and follow up with management when we need help. The work is fast paced and one must be able to multitask.
Pros
Casual atmosphere
Cons
I would have never left Invitation Homes. They laid all of us off in a matter of 6 months.
HR Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2018
I came in at the beginning. As the dept (HR) grew, our team was 2nd to none. It all started changing when they started changing management. It was downhill from there.
Pros
Love the snacks
Cons
Too much micro managing
Chaotic environment
System Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2019
Invitation Homes was poorly prepared for it's rapid growth. Upper management was poorly equipped for the volume. 60 hour weeks with weekend on call was required.
Pros
fair pay
Cons
long work hours
Constantly changing and very transient
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2018
- daily work load is high volume
- high level of micromanaging
- culture is like being in high school
- advising the resident of their maintenance responsibilities for the home while leasing with us
Pros
Excellent benifits
Cons
Poor workplace culture
No life balance. Manager had no experience in real estate or management.
Lease Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 11, 2018
Worst department I have ever worked in. Manager was out of the office constantly. Major nepitism with hiring management. Human Resources is a joke. Absolutely no life balance. Schedules get changed without adequate notice.
Pros
The pay
Cons
No life balance.
Best job I ever had, until the focus shifted away from expansion.
Asst to General Counsel and Debt Recovery Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 15, 2018
The summary really says it all. Everything was awesome, at least for me, until the company shifted focus from expansion to maintenance. It was the right thing to do and I wish the company and all of my former co-workers well but I hated that my position there was eliminated.
Pros
Great pay and great work. Lots of creativity.
Cons
Changed focus.
good
Compliance Generalist (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 21, 2018
job is great but alot of work and pay is low. the employees are nice the environment is good. There is no advancement in position the work load is hectic but manageable but the hourly pay is very low for the amount of duties you have to complete on a daily basis.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
alot of work low pay
Very stressful atmosphere
Licensed Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2018
Invitation Homes was a very stressful place to work. The Management was changing all the time. Between agents was very competitive. Not a welcoming place.
Good Place to work.
Resident Screening Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 31, 2018
Company just went through a giant merger. So things are up in the air. A lot of new people doing new things. Some people know what they are doing, others have no clue. Can be very frustrating.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
Lake of direction.
Growing
Director- Workforce Development (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 10, 2018
It's growing and need enhanced tools to succeed. Management is great but need better tools and skills in order to achieve goals. There is a lot of meetings but things seem to be productive.
One way company
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2018
It's not what you know it's who you know. I was with the company for several years was one of their best employees. You can't get a promotion if you work within the company because apparently they don't trust people enough or think they can do a good enough job to move you up. So they end up hiring ex-cons from outside the company. The people you work with are great for the most part. Some are backstabbers some profess to be your friend and really aren't but all in all generally the people are good. The job is very stressful not worth the pay the computers and the equipment they give us barely works for a multimillion-dollar company you would think that they could afford to get equipment that made the job easier. They do have nice parties for people's birthdays and Christmas and holidays they cater in food more than a normal company would and the hours were good. But they tell you one thing and do another. And then in the end you get let go for something everybody else does only find out they start enforcing that rule once you're gone.
Pros
The benefits of paid time off, the vacation, the holidays are all good, the people you work with as a whole are really good.
Cons
Too many cons to list here
Official response from Invitation Homes
January 22, 2018

Thank you for sharing your comments. I'm sorry to hear that we were not a good fit for you long term. We strive to provide all resources to set our associates up for success and communicate consistently. There is no doubt there are changes in processes as we are fast moving in a new industry with a focus on continuous improvement. Best wishes to you in the future.

Not a good company to work for!
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 25, 2017
They work you like a slave and have a high turnover rate. Agents work 7days a week for several hours a day. There are no benefits, no structure and no training. It’s all politics and favorites. If you are a brown noser they keep you if not they will let you go. BEWARE they do not value their employees. They are very unprofessional.
Pros
Flexibility in making your own schedule
Cons
No benefits, No days off, No training, Inconsistent, management
Great company to work for
Happy Employee (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLNovember 12, 2018
I like working for Invitation Homes. A company that really listens to their tenants and strive to improve more and more each day. Fast paced environment, be attentive, and must be able to multi task and be empathetic.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Expensive healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Invitation Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight