Invitation Homes Employee Reviews

Best job I ever had, until the focus shifted away from expansion.
Asst to General Counsel and Debt Recovery Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 15, 2018
The summary really says it all. Everything was awesome, at least for me, until the company shifted focus from expansion to maintenance. It was the right thing to do and I wish the company and all of my former co-workers well but I hated that my position there was eliminated.
Pros
Great pay and great work. Lots of creativity.
Cons
Changed focus.
Mpme
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 1, 2018
Nice you could work from home on occasion but worked a lot of hours. Very demanding job and the pay was not good. If they would have given me a raise I would have stayed
Pros
could work from home
Cons
worked all the time
Excellent Co to work for
Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 9, 2018
I enjoyed the ability to manage my day and avoid my manager looking over my shoulder . We have a flexible work schedule and the ability to work from home . The work is interesting , we have the ability to take inbound calls and follow up with management when we need help. The work is fast paced and one must be able to multitask.
Pros
Casual atmosphere
Cons
Good place to work till reorganization occured.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 5, 2018
A typical day at work was busy and fun at the same time till the reorganization at the company. Management was fair. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customers. The easiest part of the job was helping to create a happy culture.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Reorganization hurt the culture.
Hopefully they have merged into something better
Shared Services Coordinator/ Utility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAAugust 3, 2018
Started at the beginning of this company building and it was amazing, the people were amazing to work with. Stayed through 3 layoffs and management now is terrible. When under pressure they are not attentive to employees needs or requests. Corporate HR is horrible to its employees. Hopefully with the last merger they will get things back on track.
Pros
Benefits, diversity, functions, bonuses
Cons
Promises, keeping focus on the employees needs, more concerned with money than attention to detail
n/a
HOA Coordinator/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  1745 Phoenix Blvd.July 18, 2018
Good Company. Enjoyed working with the Atlanta South Crew. I only answer phones and handle pool passes. I was not privy to any other aspect of the company.
No life balance. Manager had no experience in real estate or management.
Lease Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 11, 2018
Worst department I have ever worked in. Manager was out of the office constantly. Major nepitism with hiring management. Human Resources is a joke. Absolutely no life balance. Schedules get changed without adequate notice.
Pros
The pay
Cons
No life balance.
Fun to Highly Stressful
Assistant Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJuly 10, 2018
Learned various reporting methods and strategic planning for high volume properties. Previous management was very knowledgeable and approachable. Training was followed to increase productivity and moral. Awarding systems encouraged great service and improvement. The difficulty began when the company merged with another company and the management staff began to move on to other companies. Less training took place, less people working shifts and ultimately more than half of the staff was dismissed which created an extremely heavy work load for everyone else. Highly stressful.
Pros
Great Staff and excellent training.
Cons
No Loyalty for dedicated associates.
Growing
Director- Workforce Development (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 10, 2018
It's growing and need enhanced tools to succeed. Management is great but need better tools and skills in order to achieve goals. There is a lot of meetings but things seem to be productive.
all about the money
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 5, 2018
they only care about the money, not the customers or the employees. seems like they are the type of company to hire someone to come in to fire everyone just cause lol then fire that person.
good
Compliance Generalist (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 21, 2018
job is great but alot of work and pay is low. the employees are nice the environment is good. There is no advancement in position the work load is hectic but manageable but the hourly pay is very low for the amount of duties you have to complete on a daily basis.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
alot of work low pay
Very Poor Management
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 11, 2018
Invitation Homes does not value high performance or professionalism. They thrive off of butt kissing and clicks. Invitation Homes has ZERO consideration for their employees.
Pros
my fellow employees
Cons
everything else
No comment
Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 4, 2018
Invitation homes was a great experience for me I learned alot with them I became top rental agent just because I did from answer the phones to real estate transaction coor
Pros
Great experience
Cons
They dont care as much
Constantly changing and very transient
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2018
- daily work load is high volume
- high level of micromanaging
- culture is like being in high school
- advising the resident of their maintenance responsibilities for the home while leasing with us
Pros
Excellent benifits
Cons
Poor workplace culture
great place
Residential Services Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 8, 2018
Great place, co-workers faced paced and busy. Satisfaction in helping the residents with maintenance related issues as well as administrative request.
Pros
work environment
Cons
pay
Very stressful atmosphere
Licensed Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2018
Invitation Homes was a very stressful place to work. The Management was changing all the time. Between agents was very competitive. Not a welcoming place.
Original management was great, new management is not
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 2, 2018
It has been a long time sonce I was there I can't say what the current culture is like but the current management is not the same management that made it a fun place to work when I was there.
Pros
was an easy job with some good co-workers
Cons
low pay, no job security
A living nightmare to work within
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 23, 2018
This company was awful! The maintenance department dictated what the property managers were to do. I was accused of saying things that never came out of my mouth. I had to call HR due to the hostile work environment produced by this company.

No budget, the homes we put people in were filthy and only half fixed. It was an embarrassment to place people in our rental homes.
Fast paced environment
Regional Rehab & Turn Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 23, 2018
My job consists of very fast paced and always multi tasking. I manage field technicians as well as office staff.

I do enjoy my job and have worked here over 5 years but with a merger that recently happened there are going to be a lot of staff changes.
not good place to work
RST- Resident Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 27, 2018
not a very good place to work for a great career not recommend for any body to work for allot of chiefs and no Indians so just think before you want to work this company
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
no colture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Invitation Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight