Invitation Homes Employee Reviews

Hopefully they have merged into something better
Shared Services Coordinator/ Utility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAAugust 3, 2018
Started at the beginning of this company building and it was amazing, the people were amazing to work with. Stayed through 3 layoffs and management now is terrible. When under pressure they are not attentive to employees needs or requests. Corporate HR is horrible to its employees. Hopefully with the last merger they will get things back on track.
Pros
Benefits, diversity, functions, bonuses
Cons
Promises, keeping focus on the employees needs, more concerned with money than attention to detail
n/a
HOA Coordinator/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  1745 Phoenix Blvd.July 18, 2018
Good Company. Enjoyed working with the Atlanta South Crew. I only answer phones and handle pool passes. I was not privy to any other aspect of the company.
No life balance. Manager had no experience in real estate or management.
Lease Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 11, 2018
Worst department I have ever worked in. Manager was out of the office constantly. Major nepitism with hiring management. Human Resources is a joke. Absolutely no life balance. Schedules get changed without adequate notice.
Pros
The pay
Cons
No life balance.
Fun to Highly Stressful
Assistant Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJuly 10, 2018
Learned various reporting methods and strategic planning for high volume properties. Previous management was very knowledgeable and approachable. Training was followed to increase productivity and moral. Awarding systems encouraged great service and improvement. The difficulty began when the company merged with another company and the management staff began to move on to other companies. Less training took place, less people working shifts and ultimately more than half of the staff was dismissed which created an extremely heavy work load for everyone else. Highly stressful.
Pros
Great Staff and excellent training.
Cons
No Loyalty for dedicated associates.
Growing
Director- Workforce Development (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 10, 2018
It's growing and need enhanced tools to succeed. Management is great but need better tools and skills in order to achieve goals. There is a lot of meetings but things seem to be productive.
all about the money
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 5, 2018
they only care about the money, not the customers or the employees. seems like they are the type of company to hire someone to come in to fire everyone just cause lol then fire that person.
good
Compliance Generalist (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 21, 2018
job is great but alot of work and pay is low. the employees are nice the environment is good. There is no advancement in position the work load is hectic but manageable but the hourly pay is very low for the amount of duties you have to complete on a daily basis.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
alot of work low pay
Very Poor Management
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 11, 2018
Invitation Homes does not value high performance or professionalism. They thrive off of butt kissing and clicks. Invitation Homes has ZERO consideration for their employees.
Pros
my fellow employees
Cons
everything else
No comment
Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 4, 2018
Invitation homes was a great experience for me I learned alot with them I became top rental agent just because I did from answer the phones to real estate transaction coor
Pros
Great experience
Cons
They dont care as much
Constantly changing and very transient
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2018
- daily work load is high volume
- high level of micromanaging
- culture is like being in high school
- advising the resident of their maintenance responsibilities for the home while leasing with us
Pros
Excellent benifits
Cons
Poor workplace culture
great place
Residential Services Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 8, 2018
Great place, co-workers faced paced and busy. Satisfaction in helping the residents with maintenance related issues as well as administrative request.
Pros
work environment
Cons
pay
Very stressful atmosphere
Licensed Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2018
Invitation Homes was a very stressful place to work. The Management was changing all the time. Between agents was very competitive. Not a welcoming place.
Original management was great, new management is not
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 2, 2018
It has been a long time sonce I was there I can't say what the current culture is like but the current management is not the same management that made it a fun place to work when I was there.
Pros
was an easy job with some good co-workers
Cons
low pay, no job security
A living nightmare to work within
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 23, 2018
This company was awful! The maintenance department dictated what the property managers were to do. I was accused of saying things that never came out of my mouth. I had to call HR due to the hostile work environment produced by this company.

No budget, the homes we put people in were filthy and only half fixed. It was an embarrassment to place people in our rental homes.
Fast paced environment
Regional Rehab & Turn Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 23, 2018
My job consists of very fast paced and always multi tasking. I manage field technicians as well as office staff.

I do enjoy my job and have worked here over 5 years but with a merger that recently happened there are going to be a lot of staff changes.
not good place to work
RST- Resident Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 27, 2018
not a very good place to work for a great career not recommend for any body to work for allot of chiefs and no Indians so just think before you want to work this company
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
no colture
Questionable
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAFebruary 13, 2018
The company has gone through many changes and people and at this point just seems to be cooperate and about where they can save but not take care of their people. They are soon to be on their 4th lay off. Hopefully they will make some good long term changes that benefit the employees moving forward.
Unorginized and ill preparied
Assistant Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 7, 2018
I disliked working for this company due to the lack of legal knowledge and respect the staff had for each other. My direct boss caused our work environment to be toxic. I was unable to voice my opinions due to the repercussions I would receive.
Lovely Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 30, 2018
I absolutely love working for Invitation Homes. Started off as a temp but was hired on after my probation period. I love my mananger. The company as a whole has great room for advancement. The pay is good and the benefits are great. The PTO and other Time off policies here are great!! They are very understanding and family oriented. I would not leave this job ever if I was promoted to a position that had a great salary within my goal ranges.
Pros
Pto, fast paced, competitive, friendly staff
productive busy stressful place hard workers
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 24, 2018
I would say its a good company to work for. the culture is normanl management meet alot its a busy non stop environment. they really treat their employees good.
Pros
flexiblitiy
Cons
stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Invitation Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight