Ion Exhibits Employee Reviews

Experience at ION
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2019
My Experience at ION was less than satisfactory. I was hired as a graphic designer. I was told I will be designing and have some creative freedom. I find out that they had no training structure at all. I was thrown to the wolves. My second day at ION I came in and my manager was missing. I found myself waiting around with no instructions.
The training experience was very poor. I was also told by my direct manager that they didn't have any form of instructions on my position or SOP. I was told my job would then be the person to make a document for new hires so they had guidelines on how files should be sent to print. I found myself doing all internal items for the company instead of being creative and designing for clients. I had no issue with that it just was not what I was told my job responsibilities were. I was also promised I would be trained on Pre-Press in the interview. None of that happened. I did not get any time/training working with the fabrication team.
The fabrication team told me new equipment was purchased and they didn't really know how it worked and they were still learning how to use the equipment. No one in the design studio knew how to properly send material to fabrication so I was essentially being set up for failure and that I would be learning as we go.
2 month go buy and finally we have collaborated with the fabrication team and finally have a structure I can go by. Still no training from the fabrication team just quick small meetings on how they would like items setup after failed attempts.
2 days later, I am blamed for items not being correct
  more... and that I am in the wrong for not knowing the material even though the design team to this day still doesn't know how to correctly send information and I was never trained properly.
The design team as far as culture, they are great people I really liked working with them.
I don't like how the company handles issues and no one ever seemed to be on the same page and then accuses the newly untrained individual, that had to take extra time to figure it out instead of being proper trained, for any setbacks.
I wish the company the best and hope they are able to work out those remaining issues.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
The company has a lot of kinks to work out. They are not all in the same page.
Amazing
Exhibit Engineer (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILNovember 7, 2018
An amazing place to work. Management is everything they said they were and more. They have come through with everything they promised and more. They go out of their way to make the employees feel wanted and special. Best place I have ever worked!
Pros
Cons
none so far
management is a mess
good question. there are no job descriptions (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILAugust 5, 2018
owners dont listen. have brought in some experienced good talent but wont follow their recommendations. stuck in a workflow that does not work and they will not change because a few sacred employees say their way is they only way. owner has no idea of industry but learns a few catchphrases and behaves as is every job can be expertly learned in a week. no employee loyalty, everyone is replaceable.
Pros
nice people. nice insurance. average pay.
Cons
owners. management stuck in ways.
Healthy Work/ Life Balance - Client and Employee Focused
Designer (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILMay 8, 2017
Ion Exhibits has recently come under new management and it has made a world of difference. This Company's culture has taken a fast 180 and is now a wonderful place to work with a management team that does a great job of treating it's team of employees with respect, support, and a new vision of the future, with investment in the equipment, staff, and technology that will undoubtedly lead to a huge growth in sales and all other areas of the company.

Ion Exhibits values a healthy work/ life balance, with full benefits, great pay, and best of all, when areas start to grow, they proactively hire new people with tons of talent and just improve all the departments even more. I'm so glad to work here and I encourage anyone that wants to be part of a company that cares about it's clients and employees and is ready to join a dynamic, nimble, growing company should check out our awesome website and send in your application to our open positions in the career area.
Pros
Healthy Work/ Life Balance, full benefits, Competitive wags, awesome co-workers
Challenging but rewarding
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILMay 1, 2017
ion exhibits has new owners, the leadership within the company has changed!! With the new leadership comes a new positive energy, new expectations and a sense of pride within the organization. The look, the feel, the attitudes have changed. Moving from Good To Great. What an excellent company to work for!!
Pros
Great Benefits Provided. Treat Mondays, Super Tuesdays, Awesome Staff And Managment.
Upbeat, fun, rewarding place to work
Creative Designer (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILApril 18, 2017
Ion Exhibits has recently gone under a new management team and the future of the company is looking really bright! There have been ups and downs in the past, but it has always had good employees and has been a solid company to work for. This new shift has been a really awesome and exciting one! Everyone is on board for the new direction and growth ahead of us. I am looking forward to what the future will bring for me.
Pros
Company outings, lunch parties, Super Tuesday activites, massages, fun friendly people
Great Place To Work
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILApril 17, 2017
This coming November I will be celebrating 24 years with ion exhibits. There have been ups and downs here at ion but through all my years here, I can say I feel truly blessed to be a part of this organization. I have friends at ion exhibits that I consider family. Every day I learn more and more about the new folks here and I’m excited to see where the road ahead takes us. There are always going to be people who give bad reviews about companies but not many of them have worked here long enough to judge. If you sat down with the many, many people who have worked here more than 10 years, you would find they all agree with me. I can honestly say that after all my time here, I am thankful to have a great environment to go to every day. People are kind to each other and we watch out for one another. We are dedicated to our jobs and proud to go home every day and tell others about the place we work at. I was just out walking on my lunch today and came back to a few guys helping out another employee change a flat tire. People here care! The owners of ion exhibits are hardworking people who want to be successful, and to me, what a great way to be!! If they are successful, we are too. They make you want to work hard for them and be proud at the end of the day of the job that you have done. Thankyou ion exhibits for the company you have been and continue to be. I am super excited about the future here!
Pros
Nice people to work with, Monday Breakfast, Holiday party, Chili Contest, Super Tuesdays, Cinco De Mayo Party.
Terrible Owner, Weak Managers
Exhibit Designer (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILSeptember 1, 2016
Terrible atmosphere and owner is arrogant and out of touch with employees. Did not value overtime effort or any kind of work/life balance. Free pop and occasional twizzlers, were the perks. Impossible bonus goals and never a monetary reward.
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
Boss, Boss' Wife, Hr, and Gossip Managers are unbearable.
Fast paced environment, great colleagues
Project Manager/Shop Technician (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Working With clients through initial set up and preparation of exhibit all the way through to the shipping of exhibit to show.
At client requests, I attend trade shows and supervise the installation and dismantling of exhibit and make sure booth looks exactly as the client expected.
The people i work with are great, as we all work as a team to complete projects on sharp timley basis.
The hardest part of the job is during the busy months of the year as many projects must be coordinated and completed simultaneously.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the great people i work with and the satisfaction of helping clients meet they're needs in the trade show exhibit industry.
Good people
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILFebruary 6, 2013
Strict sytems, but good people. Most people are well educated in the field
leadership is limited
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILMay 17, 2012
Owner does not value employees, considers them necessary evil. Moral continues to suffer. Has history of taking advantage of the economy to suspend raises. When we reached goals he did not honor raises. Has taken away all incentive programs.
Pros
free pop
Cons
leadership