Ion Exhibits Employee Review

View all Ion Exhibits reviews

Great Place To Work
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILApril 17, 2017
This coming November I will be celebrating 24 years with ion exhibits. There have been ups and downs here at ion but through all my years here, I can say I feel truly blessed to be a part of this organization. I have friends at ion exhibits that I consider family. Every day I learn more and more about the new folks here and I’m excited to see where the road ahead takes us. There are always going to be people who give bad reviews about companies but not many of them have worked here long enough to judge. If you sat down with the many, many people who have worked here more than 10 years, you would find they all agree with me. I can honestly say that after all my time here, I am thankful to have a great environment to go to every day. People are kind to each other and we watch out for one another. We are dedicated to our jobs and proud to go home every day and tell others about the place we work at. I was just out walking on my lunch today and came back to a few guys helping out another employee change a flat tire. People here care! The owners of ion exhibits are hardworking people who want to be successful, and to me, what a great way to be!! If they are successful, we are too. They make you want to work hard for them and be proud at the end of the day of the job that you have done. Thankyou ion exhibits for the company you have been and continue to be. I am super excited about the future here!
Pros
Nice people to work with, Monday Breakfast, Holiday party, Chili Contest, Super Tuesdays, Cinco De Mayo Party.

Other Ion Exhibits Employee Reviews

Experience at ION
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2019
My Experience at ION was less than satisfactory. I was hired as a graphic designer. I was told I will be designing and have some creative freedom. I find out that they had no training structure at all. I was thrown to the wolves. My second day at ION I came in and my manager was missing. I found myself waiting around with no instructions.
The training experience was very poor. I was also told by my direct manager that they didn't have any form of instructions on my position or SOP. I was told my job would then be the person to make a document for new hires so they had guidelines on how files should be sent to print. I found myself doing all internal items for the company instead of being creative and designing for clients. I had no issue with that it just was not what I was told my job responsibilities were. I was also promised I would be trained on Pre-Press in the interview. None of that happened. I did not get any time/training working with the fabrication team.
The fabrication team told me new equipment was purchased and they didn't really know how it worked and they were still learning how to use the equipment. No one in the design studio knew how to properly send material to fabrication so I was essentially being set up for failure and that I would be learning as we go.
2 month go buy and finally we have collaborated with the fabrication team and finally have a structure I can go by. Still no training from the fabrication team just quick small meetings on how they would like items setup after failed attempts.
2 days later, I am blamed for items not being correct
  more... and that I am in the wrong for not knowing the material even though the design team to this day still doesn't know how to correctly send information and I was never trained properly.
The design team as far as culture, they are great people I really liked working with them.
I don't like how the company handles issues and no one ever seemed to be on the same page and then accuses the newly untrained individual, that had to take extra time to figure it out instead of being proper trained, for any setbacks.
I wish the company the best and hope they are able to work out those remaining issues.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
The company has a lot of kinks to work out. They are not all in the same page.
Amazing
Exhibit Engineer (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILNovember 7, 2018
An amazing place to work. Management is everything they said they were and more. They have come through with everything they promised and more. They go out of their way to make the employees feel wanted and special. Best place I have ever worked!
Pros
Cons
none so far

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ion Exhibits. Our community is ready to answer.

Ion Exhibits Reviews by Location