Iona College Employee Reviews

accredited school
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJune 9, 2018
My responsibilities at IONA college were securing the campus buildings along with the inner and outer parts of the campus. ilearned how to navigate through different areas of the campus both on foot and on vehicle. I enjoyed the work atmosphere along with the staff. management was always on top of things and were always professional. The hardest part of the job was the double shifts. the most enjoyable part was being outside on a sunny day.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
double shifts
Dynamic College atmosphere
Director (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYMay 28, 2018
Good place to work. Upbeat environment. Busy campus, friendly staff. Students and faculty easy to work with. Surrounding community is also a positive attribute to the work environment.
One recommendation, could use more diversity of staff.
Organized, but controlling
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYMay 4, 2018
My first impression of IONA was that it was very organized. I don't, however, think that adjunct professors have much control over course syllabi. Chapters and coursework are assigned by the department, and attendance and tardiness is monitored by the school. I don't think they give professors enough leeway in managing their classes.
Pros
They are organized
Cons
Too controlling over pedagogy
Great
Intern (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 3, 2018
i spent the whole summer during my senior year doing my internship there, and it was very fun to work there. I have learned so much from everyone and.
Great
Turtoring (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYMay 3, 2018
Great work environment i had a lot of fun working there because i have leaned a lot through my tutoring experience. I used to managed a classroom by myself which helped me to be more confident.
Good Place to Work
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYApril 27, 2018
Iona is a good place to work. The best part of the job is the people and their dedication to its mission and students. If I could change two things it would be the management and compensation. Some managers make it difficult to have autonomy over your work, gain feedback or provide coaching to their direct reports. Also, the wages don't align with the responsibilities nor its Westchester location. It is an incredibly expensive place to work and live and Iona's wages should reflect that.
Productive work area
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYApril 20, 2018
work area allowed a lot of work to get done. Flexible schedule. Enjoyable co-workers in Loftus, and very lenient shift supervisors. very convenient use of when2work app for everything needed to work.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No breaks
Educational
Director of Post Production/ Executive Producer (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYMarch 15, 2018
This was a student run club at my school. There were no benefits other than us getting to learn how to run a news show. It was not a real job, but it was a great experience.
Pros
You're your own boss
Cons
scheduling with other students
demanding field at Iona
Residential Life Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYMarch 6, 2018
work life balance is difficult, there are a lot of things expected of you for little pay. There is often good management, but can depend on your placement
In-house Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2018
This school is a great school. It offers a lot of support to help you succeed. It also really prepares you for the real world. I highly suggest applying to this school.
Knowledgeable and helpful professors and supervisors
Student Clinician (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYMarch 2, 2018
Newer program, professors are knowledgeable. Clinic load and class load can be very heavy and extremely stressful. Time management is extremely important. More help and confidence boosters from supervisors could be implemented.
Assistant Football Coach
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYFebruary 22, 2018
10 month assistant coach, while coordinating the special teams, coaching the receivers and coordinating all football alumni events. Recruiting area was Long Island, NY City, Westchester and Rockland Counties.
Pros
working with student athletes
Cons
Not being full time
Good job while in school and need cash
Desk/Mail Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Basically a good job while in school because you can pick your hours for the most part. Was stressful because of the amount of management changes and the fact that many employees just really care about their work.
Pros
pick your hours
Cons
stressful
very good experience
COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYFebruary 11, 2018
very relaxing environment, taught me how to be organized, setup meetings, communicate with other students, make new friends. recommend it for other students.
Accounting club
Student Member (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYFebruary 8, 2018
The accounting club is a college club that I attend every week. This is not reflective of my work experience, although the accounting club is extremely vital to my future career.
the culture at Iona is not a good one
Facilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJanuary 16, 2018
working at Iona i realize that people don't have any respect for other people privacy. Another thing is that if you work for an employer make sure they paid you.
Fun learning experience
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYDecember 20, 2017
Learning many different marketing concepts here, it is a good start for future sports marketing jobs. It's a fun environment with a really great learning atmosphere.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
no pay
Good
Environmental Aide/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYDecember 14, 2017
Good job great people great guess as far as the students they were always very nice humble people The hours were not too bad No benefits no paid time off and no work in the summertimeThere was no job security because when the school is closed there’s no work
Pros
No benefits no paid time off and no work in the summertime
Cons
Good schedules
Front Desk Job
Library Clerk, Arrigoni Library (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYDecember 5, 2017
Working the front desk has allowed me to take time to do my homework and take time to look over my work. It is another time during my day that has allowed me to get my work done.
Supervision
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYNovember 28, 2017
This job required communicating and attention skills. You were responsible for thousands of students and their safety. After a couple of months working the job, you become comfortable.
Pros
comfortable position
Cons
Occasionally bad encounters from residents or possible strangers