Iona College Culture reviews

Awful Experience
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYSeptember 25, 2018
The job work/life balance is non-existent in certain departments within the college. Expect to work the traditional 40 hour work week and additional evening hours, that may or may not have anything to do with your job and without compensation if you are a salaried employee. As you can imagine the workplace culture is toxic and the management is not to be trusted. Even though the salary and benefits were okay, I had to leave as soon as possible to maintain my sanity.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No work life balance, extra hours without compensation for salary employees
accredited school
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJune 9, 2018
My responsibilities at IONA college were securing the campus buildings along with the inner and outer parts of the campus. ilearned how to navigate through different areas of the campus both on foot and on vehicle. I enjoyed the work atmosphere along with the staff. management was always on top of things and were always professional. The hardest part of the job was the double shifts. the most enjoyable part was being outside on a sunny day.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
double shifts
Accounting club
Student Member (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYFebruary 8, 2018
The accounting club is a college club that I attend every week. This is not reflective of my work experience, although the accounting club is extremely vital to my future career.
Internship
Iona College Marriage and Family Therapy (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYOctober 19, 2017
I had a internship here as senior at Iona. I enjoyed my time working with the staff and would recommend anyone to be a part of their team, and wish them continued success.
great place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYAugust 2, 2017
great place with great people. highly recommend Iona college as a wonderful work environment. great help from the staff and everyone around. clean and friendly environment.
Fun and Easy work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYMay 29, 2017
My typical day was pretty easy it consisted of me checking in students that came into the office. After this I would get their information and give it to the nurses so they may commence their evaluation.
Pros
Friendly and helpful bosses
Management Review
Reference Librarian (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYApril 23, 2017
Management is currently in transition. However, management is always concerned with training and keeping the staff apprised of new trends.

Learning opportunities are ongoing. The other librarians are always more than happy to share anything new that has recently come up and also share new technology or training.

The culture is very laid back and Iona is a great place to work at.
Hard place to work
Director of Graduate Admissions (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Great place of learning but difficult place to work. Corporate culture can be compared to a high school with all the continuous battles and gossip. The President is on leave now so I could imagine how it functions now.
Pros
Free education
Cons
Salaries are below scale
very productive work place
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYSeptember 27, 2016
Good environment to work at with friendly people and a beautiful campus, it will be a mistake for choosing to work at Iona College at all. New Rochelle.
Productive work place
Front desk worker, General Employee (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJanuary 21, 2016
A typical work day includes monitoring the front entrance of the facility, the activities that take place in the Gyms, and the equipment that is used.
What I learn from this part time job that i take part in at my College, is how to time manage between my workload from my classes, and the hours between my work schedule.
The management and co-workers in the facility are very capable and hard working in their positions that they take on.
The hardest part of the job, is the time management that can be at times challenging.
What i enjoy the most about this job is the environment that it is in, very nice, hardworking people work there, and i look forward to going to work when i do.
Pros
flexible hours
Front Desk/Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYDecember 12, 2015
A great work place and a wonderful environment. Its great to see friendly faces and everyone is very respectful. I enjoy getting to know people and helping people out ever day.
Challenging environment with new responsibility potential
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  VP of Finance OfficeOctober 11, 2015
Company offers diversified accounting/analyst opportunities at every level with plenty of room to grow. Company culture promotes learning and initiative to get involved.
Pros
Diversified projects, work in many different areas
Great Starter Job
Welcome Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJanuary 7, 2015
• Supported of the Enrollment Management department by greeting guests, assisting in running the introductory video presentation and obtaining additional information on perspective students as requested.
• Benchmarked peer Colleges and Universities nationally to gather comparison information and created excel reports for the Enrollment Management department.
• Organized spend-a day’s visit by coordinating perspective students schedules with senior counselors for an immerging experience into the Iona culture
Professional Enviromnent
Adjunct Professor - Speech (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJanuary 2, 2015
Very small community environment. Staff is willing and always helpful.
Great working environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle New YorkNovember 8, 2014
A typical day at Iona College was great. Had a great attitude with
co-workers. We all got along well. I enjoyed this position.
Pros
Great break room
Cons
Nothing negative to say
Energetic environment with a lot to learn and do
Iona in Mission Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYOctober 6, 2014
A great place to work with college-age students. The most enjoyable part of the day was being able to engage in activities that did not feel like work.
Great Place
Registrar (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYAugust 1, 2014
Great people to work with. It has been an enjoyable place to work for the last 16 years.
Always work with students
UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYApril 28, 2014
A day at work is either busy or quiet. I have learned how to plan events and work with staff and faculty to ensure event planning goes well. I get along with my co-workers and they are very helpful when needed.
Productive and relaxed environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJanuary 15, 2014
- Helped with day-to-day tasks whenever needed
- Remember who you are, but know who you want to be
- Hard-working, friendly co-workers that seem to always be on the same page
Pros
Working around sports
Cons
Was not needed often
In charge of building operations
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJune 21, 2013
I learned how to manage the building and be aware of the events that took place on the campus.