Iora Health Employee Reviews

Operation Assistant
Operation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAJanuary 6, 2019
Good mission to transforming healthcare. Pay is great, everyone gets 20 days of PTO, benefits are decent. The company needs to be transparent when posting a job as the job outline is very different to what you are required to do on a daily basis. But its still a start up clinic which needs so much improvement by providing additional resources with there policies and benefits packages.There are several issue within the corporate and management due to the structure and lack of communication to follow the same concept and services for all clinics. There is an extremely lack of communication with the schedulers who are out of state and the clinics due to the EMR system which is not user friendly. In additional to that company may face a highly turn over rate due of staff due to the quality of teamwork and lack of training. Many promises are made but don't fall through. I will soon fly away as a bird.
Pros
Team base environment, salary base pay
Cons
Attendance policy, Micromanagement, Eveyone is clueless and lack of clarity, No guarantee raises or growth. Poor managements, No 401K match
Good advancement for an MA
Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 31, 2018
The health coach position is unique but definitely misleading before you're hired. They've grown too fast and where coaches used to be able to spend time with patients and find creative solutions and have more responsibility in the company, they are now too busy with the busy work and are essentially glorified medical assistants. They end up hiring overqualified people who become unhappy with their job and leave. Management does not help employees grow, or even give fair raises. They don't even help you prioritize your work when you have too much to do. They just keep pushing you to do more, which compromises the quality of work. If you're looking for an MA position, this would be a good career move because you'll get paid more and it'll be a little more challenging but nothing you can't handle. They also promise all this training and then don't really deliver, but they also don't really seem to care if you have the training. If they ask you to do something you feel unprepared for, they don't really care if you fail. The co-workers were great though. Everyone was always helpful and it's a pretty collaborative team environment. Also, I was told I have an opportunity for a raise along with an annual review, and that was revoked when it came time for the pay raise (months after review process). To clarify, it's not that my performance did not reflect a pay raise, they actually changed a policy DURING the review process and decided I'm no longer eligible for a raise.
Pros
Team environment, nice/helpful co-workers
Cons
Attendance policy, poor management, little room for growth
A company that is where healthcare should be going!
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 20, 2018
Everyone at Iora is passionate about changing the way healthcare is delivered and being part of a company that is really doing that work.
Strong, non-hierarchal, culture.
Pros
Strong Culture, Mission driven company, Stock Options
Cons
Have to be comfortable in an environment that can change frequently; No 401k match
Team based health care
RN-Team Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 3, 2018
This is unlike any nursing position I have ever had.
The level of compassion, and follow through/up for the patients are beyond compare to any thing else. It is a small team of highly educated people working for the greater good of our patient populations complex health care. We can do it all.
What I really appreciate is the diversity of my teammates. Each one of them comes with expertise vastly different from what you may find in normal primary care clinics.

The company is not afraid of change. If something is not working, and our providers are spending vast amounts of time doing work after work, they find ways to fix that. Work life balance to their employees is as important to the health and well being of their patients.
Pros
multiple options for health insurance. Zero weekends, nights, or holidays
Cons
no overtime for weekends nights or holidays. :)
Please don't be fooled by all the promises
Employee (Current Employee) –  ArizonaFebruary 20, 2018
Sounds wonderful in theory, but they truly are a start up company. Management preaches a different culture, but it's not anything as promised. Run, don't walk. They pass over internally qualified candidates for promotion, don't do annual reviews or salary raises, and always, always put staff last.
Pros
Good PTO everyone has 20 days
Cons
Poor management, promises made but not followed through
Worth checking out!
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 16, 2018
When you interview for a job, you never know what you're really getting yourself in to. Just like you, the company is trying to sell the idea that they are a great place to work for, the people are awesome, and that you're helping the company make money to help benefit others. Well...THIS IS THE PLACE! The Culture - the company fosters a transparent culture where they share everything from the jar of peanut butter in the cupboard to the financial situation such as investing efforts. But there's no doubt that as soon as you are hired and you start to talk to other people in the office, you realize that you're all similar people except you have differences that helps you mesh well together. If that at all makes any sense!?! :)

The People - let me tell you...the work is not easy! It's a lot of hard work and it helps to be surrounded by people who understands. We all know we're working hard to change healthcare and who knows, maybe we'll all change the world somehow. But for now it certainly feels good to work with some of the smartest and biggest hearted people you know.

The Company - being that I have worked since I graduated back in 2005, I appreciate the transparency the company offers. There are going to be times they can't share everything but at the right time, they will share that information with you. I have never met a leadership/executive team that sits on the floor with their staff and you can bump in to them in the kitchen and have a great conversation about anything! It's always awkward at first but it's like that with the start of any relationship.

There's
  more... not much to complain about and the benefits are pretty decent. There are two things I'd like to mention: (1) I do miss the matching of my 401K from my other jobs. Even at my very first job at a startup, they still matched my 401K. It may have not been a lot but every little bit helps! And (2) there could definitely be MORE culture! It surprises me that we as a group don't do more together. I totally get the whole saving money to do bigger and better things but it certainly doesn't hurt to take the team out every now and then for some drinks, apps and bonding over hobbies and favorite sports teams.

All in all, I am really enjoying my time at Iora Health! My team is great, and the work is challenging. But for me the best part is feeling like I am playing a role in helping change the world of healthcare to what it should be. A place where the care is more important than the quantity of people you bring in to your health offices.
Pros
Great people, a stocked fridge/cabinet of snacks, work/life balance, technology/helpdesk is outstanding, challenging work, great team, 4 weeks of vacation time for all, and enough can't be said about the company's mission.
Cons
No 401K matching, no sick time or personal days
Wonderful experience thus far, caring people and culture
Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 30, 2018
After an awesome phone interview (incredibly sweet interviewer, appropriate questions), I was asked to come in a few days later for an in-person interview. The team I met was incredible. They were so kind. I could definitely tell they were truly empathetic, caring people. They answered any questions I had about the position and made me feel at ease for the entire process. The following Monday I was called back and offered the position!
Pros
Caring staff, generous PTO, health, dental, vision, 8-5 M-f, paid holidays off...
Cons
None so far!
Praying Iora Health comes back to Chicago!
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2018
I loved working at Iora. I looked forward to going in every day. It felt great knowing I was making a difference in health care. Praying they come back to Chicago so that we can get back to work and transform healthcare.
Pros
Best work place ever! They cared for their employees.
Cons
Our offices were closed.
great culture! Job security and advancement is questionable
N/A (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 12, 2017
The culture is amazing. Work life balance is out of this world. Everyone is very friendly and always willing to help!

On the contrary there is little structure, and no clarity on how to progress to the next phase of your current position. There's no standard way of doing anything, the only thing consistent is constant change. Group layoffs are unsettling. Job security is questionable.
Pros
flexible schedules, great culture and work life balance
Cons
no structure, no job security
Great culture with start up set backs
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 4, 2017
Great company with great values working to change healthcare in a positive way. Laid back work culture, and you work with like minded individuals who are all caring and compassionate. Interview process is long but they want to make sure you're there for the right reason..to transform healthcare. Down side is they are a start up health care company so with that they're still trying to find their way, but that also means great room for innovation.
Pros
Culture, compensation, education
Cons
A lot of unknowns
Great potential, but highly corrupted
Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2017
The company once stood out to be a great model with really powerful motives. Although, they did not follow through with what they promised. Substantial amount of miscommunication and not enough time to finish work throughout the day. This is mostly due to the severe under staffing and lack of support from the administrative staff. Their turn over rate is high and quality of training is diminishing. There is just too much internal corruption within the company and they neglect almost any complaint or issue filed against the administrative staff. However, the entry-level staff is expendable, causing the large turn over rate mentioned earlier.

All in all, the company had much potential to become a beacon of hope in the primary care industry, but definitely fell short due to the severe corruption that continues to plague the administrative staff. I hope this review will help you in your decision to take employment within this company.
Culture- Highlight for Harken
HEALTH COACH (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2017
Harken, a subsidy for United Health Group, Originated from Iora Health. The culture is collaborative, there's lots to learn from the integrative team.
When something seems to good to be true, it probably is.
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COJuly 15, 2017
This was a dream job until you get really involved and try to give all you can. There is a major issue with leadership and corprate orginization. No job has a real outline on what your supposed to until you do to much then you get repramanded. I can this company all I could give and I was terminated for "lack of humility and empathy" which I think is a hard thing to lack in the medical field.
Awful communication
CSR (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COMay 5, 2017
I don't work for this company. I applied to a position and was set up for a phone interview. The lady I was having the interview with never got back to me. I emailed her and she said she was busy. Set it up again and she never called me. If this is how the interview process is I can only imagine how it is to work there. Thanks, but no thanks!
Pros
Cons
Not very good leaders, can't even set up a phone interview.
Fun place to work at/great mission/ no room for growth
Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2017
Amazing company, just very little room for growth. The mission of the company is something I back 100%, but like many start ups there are a lot of unknowns.
Great Mission
Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2017
I love the company and what it stands for. Great workplace environment.
Pros include: Workplace wellness and innovative thinking
Cons include: Extremely ambiguous
Great company to work with a nice culture
Health Coach (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2016
To restoring the humanity of the health care is the most important part. Creativity, Motivation, Passion and humility in pro of our patients.
Pros
Creative and Safe environment a lot Technology in pro of patient and staff members