Iowa State University Employee Review

View all Iowa State University reviews

Me 170 ta
ME 170 Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ames, IASeptember 25, 2013
I was not a computer man before I learned ME 170 which is a basic CAD course at Iowa State University. I tried really hard on the course since I love that course even thought I could not sleep due to the homework problem.
The following year, since I used Solidworks tool a lot than other students, my 3D drawing skill is better than the rest of the class. On my senior year I applied for TA for ME 170, and Iowa State University gave me a opportunity to be a TA for me 170. I have 10 hours a week teaching Solidworks with freshman, and tried to be patient, let them understood the meaning for different tools in Solidworks.
One of the hardest thing for this job was the understanding of the student. Because different student had different background, so their level for computer tools were different, some student asked very simple problem, I explained to them carefully, and other students probably had different problem; therefore, I tried my best to teach them step by step, which spent long time period.
I really enjoy this work since it is my first professional work in my life. I felt very happy helped students learning new software. When students got A on the course, I was proud of my patient and skill.

Other Iowa State University Employee Reviews

Great experiences work on campus
Statistical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAMay 23, 2018
Worked as TA and RA in stat department. Learned a lot from working in stat department. Stat department gave me many opportunities to work and improve myself.
Graduate Research Assistant
GRADUATE STUDENT RESEARCHER (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAMay 20, 2018
The work is very rewarding. I constantly feel challenged, and I actually look forward to the work week. :)

Impactful - Make a real difference in students' lives
Non-hierarchical - Everybody is valued and everybody is motivated by what they do.
Democratic - We collect feedback on just about anything and use what people say and think to determine the outcome
Open - Your ideas are valued.