IPG Mediabrands Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good and Bad
VP (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 8, 2018
Flexible hours- it's just about getting your work done. People are kind and fun. Leadership doesn't have a good vision nor can they provide clear direction as to what they are working to achieve and a plan to execute. Continual re-structuring makes it difficult to get anything done.
Pros
Unlimited time off, happy hour, summer days
Challenging workplace with a ping pong table.
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, MIMarch 30, 2018
IPG supports an environment which rewards hard work, and innovative thinking. It is fast paced, and once must always stay on top of market trends, or fall behind. You need to be dedicated to growing upon your skillset to be successful here.
Manager Business Applications (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2018
IPG is a huge company and so there is ample opportunity to learn about different areas of the industry. As well, each agency has its own unique personality.
Productive, fun place to work
Sr. Full Stack Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 6, 2018
It was a nice atmosphere.

Nice Boss, open seating.

Easy Parking, good location.

Used React.js and Redux.

Pulled tickets from JITRA.

Worked with team in Kula Lampour.
Pros
Free coffee/snacks
Terrible
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 27, 2018
Poorly managed. Product leadership out of touch with end customer needs. Too busy with internal power plays to produce good products, blamed end users for lack of adoption.
it was fun
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 1, 2018
It was a great work experience with a lot of perks. I really grateful that i got the opportunity to work there. I learned so much about the world of marketing.
Pros
free food
Cons
i had to leave
Good Skill Builder and PTO but Prone to Layoffs and Low Pay
Media Planner (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 27, 2016
Good place to get your foot in the door, but not to stay for more than a year or two. You won't get a raise or promotion even though you'll be doing the work. However, it will give you practical experience and open you up to a lot better opportunities within the marketing communications industry.
Pros
Good PTO and and Holiday Time Off
Cons
Low Pay, Prone to Layoffs
Very Interesting Company
Lead Talent Acquisition Partner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2016
IPG Mediabrands is an interesting place - challenging work and a nice degree of cache in the digital advertising world - some major clients recently brought on board so lots to do. Management changes have occurred over the last year which has bred confusion on process and how things are communicated. This has caused there to be a chaotic environment at times though my guess is give it a year or so and this will all die down - you will work with some creative and passionate people
Pros
Collaborative and creative environment, good deal of freedom in how you do your job, amazing clients to work with (Coke!), interesting and challenging work
Cons
Too many process and org changes happening causing confusion, management does not always do a good job communicating
Stay away
Media Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2016
The recruitment and HR team is horrible! Be prepared to stay in the position for years because HR will never help you switch roles even though they advertise hiring from with in. They are highly unresponsive and unproductive. The salary is extremely low.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Human resource and recruitment
Awesomeness. Truly Awesome.
Level 3 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYNovember 29, 2015
Amazing place to be. Trust me, if you get hired there, you won't regret it. It's like working at google.

During your interview, you'll see
Team was fun to work with
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2015
My fellow tem members were all skilled in their area of expertise.
It was a great learning environment with the different projects that came up.
It was easy to wake up daily to go in to work becaue I loved my job.
Pros
free food and decent work hours
Cons
non cummunimiddle management did not comunicate enough about tasks at hand
Laid back environment
Buyer (Current Employee) –  BPNJanuary 21, 2014
- Good work/life balance
- Management easy to talk to
- Not much transparency
- Complacent coworkers
- Hard to implement changes
- Fun enviroment
Good Place to Work
NATIONAL MEDIA BUYER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2013
If you are into the TV industry, IPG Mediabrands is a great place to be. You enjoy your share of awesome parties and fun and young people to work with. It is not a fast pace environment, but occasionally there are spikes in workload.

Management is ok, you obviously have to befriend and get noticed by the right people to move up.

Co-workers are great except for the few that can be quite rude. But over-all, young and fun working environment.

The hardest part about the job would be reporting to the client and summarizing all activity. This happens quarterly and annually.
Pros
Free lunches at really nice restaurants, great GREAT vacation time (PTO and Holidays it comes out around 40 days off throughout the year), relaxing environment, good boost in salary between promotions
Cons
Get stuck in the industry
Invaluable Learning Experience
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2013
I report to an extremely smart, extremely connected SVP. She's great at her job and demands the best from me and our team. Every day I learn something new about how to handle a political situation, how to think more operationally, or how to conduct business on a global scale.
Productive and work fun place with ping pong table
Head of Analytics Latin America (Former Employee) –  Bogota. ColFebruary 20, 2013
The company really encourages people to work in a fast paced environment where you will face many challenges by delivering advertising proposals to customers.

The environment is fun, but sometimes it gets to dawn to dawn working.

Thanks to the company, I could further my educational career and they were very flexible with my schedule. I made two leaves of absence for my studies abroad.

Thanks in general to IPG for letting me understand the advertising world and have interacted with top class marketing companies.