IPG Photonics Corporation Employee Reviews

Great company with lots of hours
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MAJuly 9, 2018
Great company to work for if you don't mind working overtime. Great benefits and lots of paid days off. Most managers are great and always willing to help.
Communication
Minion (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 12, 2018
Lack of communication between depts driven by a wide variety of underlying issues stemming from management culture. Most enjoyable is that management provide flexibility to get the job done.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Don't get me started
Good compensation
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MAMay 16, 2018
Very attractive compensation and benefits. There are three shifts that makes scheduling very flexible for all employees. Human resource people are very kind.
clean and fast pace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MAMay 11, 2018
It's a clean room environment, loading and unloading lasers into testing machines to collect data and tracking the performance. Trouble shooting and repairing issues that come about while the lasers are being tested. You are working in a team of two for the loading and unloading part of the job, so teamwork is key.
Productive and fun workplace
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MAApril 24, 2018
Busy and relaxed work environment. The employees are all very laid back and easy to work with and get along with, management is mostly the same way too, as long as you are getting your work done on time.
Pros
Good pay/benefits
It was mundane.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MAMarch 26, 2018
Being an assembler was not my type of jobs so everyday was pretty mundane. The work overall was not challenging and it did not improve my programming skill or my problem solving skills. However, the environment was nice and people was friendly toward each other; it felt welcoming. Overall, the position was not right for me.
Very productive company
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MAFebruary 8, 2018
Regular 8 hour days. Learned how to do multiple expense reports. Management was very positive. Multi cultural. Hardest part of the job was not being able to always solve employees issues with expense reports. Co-workers were very helpful in training.
Pros
Strong company values
Cons
Not being hired permanent
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MAFebruary 8, 2018
I love working at IPG. One of the best places I have worked. The management lets you do your job. They give you all the tools you need. And they help you if you need help. You couldn't ask for a better place to work.
Productive and fun work place
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAFebruary 6, 2018
Great people, opportunities and opportunity to advance, allows you to school if works for them, management is great easy to talk to and vacation if needed.
Pros
Cons
nothing
Very demanding schedules
Opperator (Current Employee) –  Oxford maJanuary 20, 2018
I started my employment hopeful and excited as i had heard from many people that IPG was great to their employees, and i ended my employment over worked, under paid, and under appreciated. Expect very longs days and many mandatory Saturday's. Not recommended for people with families or planning on going to school part time. Very hard to earn pay increases or to move around in the company. I personally witnessed supervisors harrass pregnant employees also while I was there.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Long hours, low pay.
Repetitive
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MAJanuary 17, 2018
Everyday is a routine and you don't have time to talk to anyone or else you get a talking to. They care more for themselves rather than the employees.
Nothing to Complain about
Laser Technician/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MADecember 28, 2017
IPG Photonics is a pretty good place to work at. Hours are good, PTOs are available, Paid vacations are also available. You have 401K and pretty decent health insurance policy ... enjoy if your going to go work for IPG
Clean, independent place
Assembler / Pull Test / Inventory (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MADecember 26, 2017
Everyone in there is independent when it comes to work but when you get to meet them outside of their workplace, they are great people. Different diversity and cultures.
Good solid Growing company
Principal Firmware Engineer (Current Employee) –  377 Simarano Drive, Marlboro, MADecember 8, 2017
IPG Photonics is a a solid growing company. With growth comes growing pain which is being accomodated but can be difficult to overcome. As they re-architect their systems the pain consistently lessens but at a cost.
Pros
excellent smart colleagues
Cons
very contstrained and undocumented systems
Great place to work!
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MANovember 22, 2017
I really enjoy working at IPG. It’s a fast-paced work environment where I have learned a lot in a short time. I have a great manager and team.

Great benefits and work/life balance!
Pros
Benefits, Work/life Balance, Management
Great Company, bad supervisor
Tester (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MANovember 1, 2017
The company was great, great pay, great benefits. I unfortunately had an unprofessional supervisor. Team members were not treated equally, favorites are pick, it's unfortunate. BUT I must add there are many other great supervisors for the company too.
Fast paced, clean environment
ASSEMBLER (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MAOctober 22, 2017
Repetitive movement, very easy. Even though we are working long hours the shift tends to fly by. The company allows us to listen to music which helps. We are offered a great amount of overtime and also paid vacation.
Pros
Healthcare and Benefits
Cons
Work life balance
Productive work place
Software Developer Intern (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2017
Great work place if you are starting your career or want to learn. I am working in IPG's subsidiary, its more of a R&D center here in Dallas and its a great place for electrical and software engineers to gain valuable skills and specially those who enjoy giving shape to new ideas
Relaxed and pays well
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MASeptember 11, 2017
It was a good job, pays well, relaxed work environment. Nice co workers, nice bosses. I'm running out of things to say, why does it require me to write this stuff? Why 150 minimum letters that's silly.
Waste of time
Visual Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MAAugust 24, 2017
Move on to next opportunity. Started out ok then went downhill in last year. Needs a management overhaul here. Very inexperienced and promote their Russian friends only.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IPG Photonics Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

IPG Photonics Corporation Reviews by Location