IPG Photonics Corporation Employee Reviews

Do not go there to work
Assembler for loading (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MAAugust 4, 2018
When they first hire you they say is a mandatory overtime and bla bla bla now they don't even give 40 hours part of departments are going home with 36 hours and they force them to get 4 hours from vacation time or from personal time of because they are afraid maybe the employe may get anemployment.
Poor poor company.They are pretty big but the opertion system is worst then a coffe shop.
Gave me the tools for career growth
Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MAJuly 28, 2018
I learned many new skills during my relatively short time with IPG Photonics, skills that have greatly benefitted me in my career. Unfortunately, these skills were learned under intense pressure to perform. The work environment is demanding at best and abusive at worst. The work/life balance is heavily skewed to the work side and if you're okay with that then you will do well here. However, if you have a family or are not otherwise inclined to work 10 -12 hours a day and occasionally Saturdays then you will most likely not be happy here.
Pros
Growing company, good benefits, plenty of opportunity for career growth
Cons
Occasionally abusive management, aggressive production schedules requiring long hours and weekends
Great company with lots of hours
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MAJuly 9, 2018
Great company to work for if you don't mind working overtime. Great benefits and lots of paid days off. Most managers are great and always willing to help.
Communication
Minion (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 12, 2018
Lack of communication between depts driven by a wide variety of underlying issues stemming from management culture. Most enjoyable is that management provide flexibility to get the job done.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Don't get me started
Management Lied!!
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MAJune 7, 2018
I applied for under the microscope assembly and they had me do something that is was not related to the position I applied for. I asked the supervisor and manager and they said it was permanent position, then I realized it was a job everyone was running away from. Young inexperienced naive engineer trying to boss people around, after almost three months I left the company. Horrible experience overall!!
Pros
OK Pay
Cons
Rude employees, Health Care, Management, Inexperienced engineers and management
Good compensation
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MAMay 16, 2018
Very attractive compensation and benefits. There are three shifts that makes scheduling very flexible for all employees. Human resource people are very kind.
clean and fast pace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MAMay 11, 2018
It's a clean room environment, loading and unloading lasers into testing machines to collect data and tracking the performance. Trouble shooting and repairing issues that come about while the lasers are being tested. You are working in a team of two for the loading and unloading part of the job, so teamwork is key.
Productive and fun workplace
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MAApril 24, 2018
Busy and relaxed work environment. The employees are all very laid back and easy to work with and get along with, management is mostly the same way too, as long as you are getting your work done on time.
Pros
Good pay/benefits
It was mundane.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MAMarch 26, 2018
Being an assembler was not my type of jobs so everyday was pretty mundane. The work overall was not challenging and it did not improve my programming skill or my problem solving skills. However, the environment was nice and people was friendly toward each other; it felt welcoming. Overall, the position was not right for me.
Very productive company
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MAFebruary 8, 2018
Regular 8 hour days. Learned how to do multiple expense reports. Management was very positive. Multi cultural. Hardest part of the job was not being able to always solve employees issues with expense reports. Co-workers were very helpful in training.
Pros
Strong company values
Cons
Not being hired permanent
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MAFebruary 8, 2018
I love working at IPG. One of the best places I have worked. The management lets you do your job. They give you all the tools you need. And they help you if you need help. You couldn't ask for a better place to work.
Productive and fun work place
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAFebruary 6, 2018
Great people, opportunities and opportunity to advance, allows you to school if works for them, management is great easy to talk to and vacation if needed.
Pros
Cons
nothing
Very demanding schedules
Opperator (Current Employee) –  Oxford maJanuary 20, 2018
I started my employment hopeful and excited as i had heard from many people that IPG was great to their employees, and i ended my employment over worked, under paid, and under appreciated. Expect very longs days and many mandatory Saturday's. Not recommended for people with families or planning on going to school part time. Very hard to earn pay increases or to move around in the company. I personally witnessed supervisors harrass pregnant employees also while I was there.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Long hours, low pay.
Repetitive
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MAJanuary 17, 2018
Everyday is a routine and you don't have time to talk to anyone or else you get a talking to. They care more for themselves rather than the employees.
Nothing to Complain about
Laser Technician/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MADecember 28, 2017
IPG Photonics is a pretty good place to work at. Hours are good, PTOs are available, Paid vacations are also available. You have 401K and pretty decent health insurance policy ... enjoy if your going to go work for IPG
Clean, independent place
Assembler / Pull Test / Inventory (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MADecember 26, 2017
Everyone in there is independent when it comes to work but when you get to meet them outside of their workplace, they are great people. Different diversity and cultures.
Good solid Growing company
Principal Firmware Engineer (Current Employee) –  377 Simarano Drive, Marlboro, MADecember 8, 2017
IPG Photonics is a a solid growing company. With growth comes growing pain which is being accomodated but can be difficult to overcome. As they re-architect their systems the pain consistently lessens but at a cost.
Pros
excellent smart colleagues
Cons
very contstrained and undocumented systems
Great place to work!
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MANovember 22, 2017
I really enjoy working at IPG. It’s a fast-paced work environment where I have learned a lot in a short time. I have a great manager and team.

Great benefits and work/life balance!
Pros
Benefits, Work/life Balance, Management
Great Company, bad supervisor
Tester (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MANovember 1, 2017
The company was great, great pay, great benefits. I unfortunately had an unprofessional supervisor. Team members were not treated equally, favorites are pick, it's unfortunate. BUT I must add there are many other great supervisors for the company too.
Fast paced, clean environment
ASSEMBLER (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MAOctober 22, 2017
Repetitive movement, very easy. Even though we are working long hours the shift tends to fly by. The company allows us to listen to music which helps. We are offered a great amount of overtime and also paid vacation.
Pros
Healthcare and Benefits
Cons
Work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IPG Photonics Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

IPG Photonics Corporation Reviews by Location