iPic Entertainment Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Overly a good place to work
Concierge, Server (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 9, 2018
Ipic Entertainment is a pretty good place to work. There are also many different job rolls you can take on. For example, you can transition from concierge to server, usher, and maybe even a supervisor.
Horrible work environment
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYAugust 8, 2018
They treat employee's like slaves. No sick days, no breaks, bad management team, rude guest, food is poorly made, promotions being made is based off of favoritism. Not a good work place at all. They go through new employees every week.No longterm workers.Your not allowed to eat or drink and if they see you then they'll throw it out. Rude!
Pros
Free movies during weekdays
Cons
no breaks, low pay, bad management, no sick days, inconsistent hours
Fast pace
Server, supervisor, street team (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 7, 2018
This job is fast paced and if you work hard you move up. You are able to grow and travel with the company which is a plus. I learned how to manage a store, I learned amazing communication skills, I also learned how to deal with stressful situations. The hardest part of the job was probably the fast paced atmosphere. I enjoyed traveling with ipic and street teaming the best.
Pros
Free movies
Do not work here save yourself
Server (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 3, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE.
Horrible managers, disorganization, unprofessional to the MAX. everyone comes & goes. Worked here since early on open..don't bother
Pros
money if YOU KNOW how to hustle, coworkers, free movies
Cons
Every manager, no benefits
slow and fast-paced
Guest Services, Theater Cleaner, and Food Runner. (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2018
It's a good placed to work; can be slow and fast-paces all in one. If you are not used fast working environments I would not recommend this job; but at times its slow and relaxed.
Fun Place to Work
Theatre Ninja/ Server (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJuly 24, 2018
Good place to start learning the responsibilities of a server. Free movie tickets for you and a friend on slow business days. The place lacks strict management and that sometimes slows down progress.
Enjoyable place
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
I enjoyed working there. It was a great learning experience. I moved up pretty fast. I am cool with my co workers. I got alot of work hours. Job wasn't hard to me
Cons
low pay
It was just fine workin there
Server/Waiter/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJuly 15, 2018
It’s had bad management to work with who didn’t not care for their employees, by the time a year came around i was looking to find better opportunities.
Great job
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLJuly 15, 2018
I love this job and you can move around to other jobs you’re not stuck just doing one thing management is nice and like family and you make good friends very easy workplace
Pros
Everything / Free movies
Fun Place to Work
Administrative Assistant/ Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Barrington, ILJuly 12, 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed working at iPic. Staff was great, management was great and the guests were really awesome and nice. The hardest part of the job would have been learning to serve in the dark, inside the theater. Movie premiers and the food were great benefits of the job.
Nice place beautiful area. amazing owner
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 11, 2018
I enjoyed seeing my coworkers every day i really had great friends there. Never felt it was hard to go to work, quite opposite i felt very motivated there. Regular day I checked on my email then proceed with integration of invoices that came from the sites then review my batches and get them ready for posting, help manager with inquiries. make sure locations were up today.
I learned the full cycle in accounts payable I learn how to cut checks and allocate cost, these are great skills to have. Feel grateful for my time there just wish previous management was never changed.
Pros
beautiful office nice coworkers
Cons
no room to grow for me.
I felt lilke I was back in high school
Guest Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 5, 2018
Very cliquey. You only associated with employees with your department. But that's fine. That says more about the geography of the building. Really the only issues I had was with management. petty, jealous
Excellent learning experience
Server/Bartender/Call (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2018
Most of the management is pretty cool, but love clean lines.
People is there to help you out to learn new things everyday and teach you how to do things accordingly. The hardest part is learning the three food menus and the different kind of ingredients form the pre-batched cocktails, however once you learn them life is very easy.
Good money for hard work
Server (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJune 13, 2018
To work here you have to be able to multitask extremely well in an extremely fast-paced environment. Warm demeanor towards guests is necessary you will find. It pays extremely well if you are doing you job to the best of your ability; the tips can be huge. As an "upscale" location, the way customers treat you vary extremely. The money feels worth it, and it is a very active job, so you will always feel like there is something for you to do. Workplace culture can be cold and competitive, but also familial and warm, you have to break yourself in. Must be willing to be extremely flexible, but also stand up for yourself. Not for beginners to the service industry or mild-mannered servers.
Pros
Positive culture, good pay, free movies, discounted food
Cons
Short/No breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Usher/Concessions (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 13, 2018
Great place to work, it’s like a family there. Everyone is very helpful and very friendly, I’ll totally recommend people work here, one of the best theaters!
Like a restaurant, but with scheduled rushes.
Usher (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 7, 2018
Joined on as an Usher to be moved up to server.
(Ushers and Servers don't split tips in an equal fashion)

Meanwhile, multiple servers are taken on above Ushers waiting for in house promotion. This happens during rush seasons (say a certain big film release) and after rush season hours are laxed so less chances for promotion are available.

Imagine how busy a movie theater is during certain hours and combine that with a restaurant section that needs to deliver to the theaters. This is great if you are working for tips from guests (bar tending, serving) but pretty terrible for everyone else involved, management included.

Stay away unless you see some ambition in the company past store manager or need a quick job.
Pros
popcorn
Cons
No real dedication to employees beyond
Terrible place
Server (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJune 4, 2018
Management is the worst.theres really not a whole lot more to say.i spent 6 years there and wasted all of them.my fellow servers were all that made it ok.bit management made sure that was bad to.
Pros
Other servers
Cons
Everything else
Stressful place
Theater Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 1, 2018
I work there for a short time. I hated every second of it. The culture was bad and inappropriate. I don't recommend this job to anyone. The hours are long and it is a stressful job.
Maybe the newer locations are better
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  South Barrington, ILMay 25, 2018
I came from an older ipic, which they call a "legacy location", and it became very clear that corporate cared much more about their new locations than the old ones. You're a complete slave to the movie industry, if its a bad season like mid summer, January, sept/Oct, you're completely dead. You're either cut or go in for a couple hours and maybe make 50$. The best part about that place were my co workers and free movies.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Bad hours
not much of a fun place to work. More stress enduring.
Prep/Dishwasher Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2018
Not the worst environment to work. New establishment, so it kept its new feel, clocking in and out. Management could be all-around much better though.
Pros
free food during break.
Cons
short break.