IPS Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
nice place
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNApril 10, 2018
ok place too work just fast paced management is very supportive and welling too help you catch up on work if you get too far behind on and assignment .
Pros
nice people
Cons
under paid
Pretty Cool place
Customer Care Agent / Receiving Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 23, 2018
If you are trained right at any place you will succeed. When companies take pride in training their staff then they will have a staff willing to go the extra mile because they know what they are doing it for.
Pros
Good lunches
Great People to work with
Manufacturing Team Lead over Production (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNSeptember 12, 2017
A typical day would be getting started on finding out who is missing from work so I could fill in the blanks in order to meet my production goal. Team Leads were stretched incredibly thin and often too much work was placed onto more "dependable" employees rather than training the current ones in place to handle more assignments. Management is often easier on some longer term employees rather than keeping an even spectrum across the board and applying training where needed. I loved working alongside with the Director, HR, and even the Vice president and president of the Plumbing Division. Most of the management team took the time to understand the ongoing issues and did what they could to try and resolve the issues but they have their work to get done as well and resources are scarce.
One thing I will miss will be my full-time coworkers as they are motivated and do a wonderful job. The trickle down theory applies as well when other temporary or non-dependable full time employees were absent with or w/o excuse, and had to pick up the extra slack in order to meet our daily numbers.
IN order to meet our goals, there were more than one thing that needed to happen. The buyers had to be in place with the appropriate components arriving in at the proper times, the scheduler had to know these components were in house and we got our schedules from them. When we do not have stock on certain items, back-orders are created which is just "bad business". The customer comes first and if ordering a specific finished good, should receive all of said item and not a partial shipment, which
  more... brings the sales team into place.
I could go on all day but I rate this job right in the middle. The only thing that really holds me back is the career advancement as there doesn't seem to be any room for growth in that area.
Pros
Great workforce!
Cons
Plant Management
productive, friendly
Mixer Operator (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 9, 2017
learn a lot in this company, good people to work with,
great customer service and good benefits that fits for you and your family.
we are off on the weekends
great job to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 13, 2017
It's a typical day at work. Nice working environment and awesome co-workers. Nice equipment,friendly staff, and great benefits. I must say this is a great company to work for.
Good place to work good job
Regional Sales Representative - West (Former Employee) –  Worked out of my home in Centennial ColoradoApril 18, 2017
Very stressful job though as I had to travel a lot. Required working Saturdays and Sundays to keep up with everything.
Was put into rules that I had never perform before.
Pros
Good benefits great pay
Cons
Had to travel over 80% of the time
fun workplace enviorment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNApril 15, 2017
one of the best workspace's i've worked in so far nothing bad i can really say about the company or the owners or coworkers great experience all around
great workplace enviorment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNFebruary 17, 2017
one of the best places i've worked.My coworkers made the work day easier with excellent team work skills just wished there were better chances to work your way up in the company.
Ok job
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNJanuary 9, 2017
A typical day consisted of staying well hydrated so you won't fall out in that heat box. The hardest part of the job was trying to make production on machines that were ancient and that continuously broke down or had issues daily.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Hot!!!!, low pay, horrible management, no advancement
The lab is the best area to work, its cool and clean.
Team Lead Assistant (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNJuly 26, 2016
It was a nice clean and cool area that I worked in. The commute was too long for me, but overall is was good. The negative part was it was temporary job and employees were not professional at all.
Pros
clean and cool
Cons
commute

Want to know more about IPS Corporation?

Ask a question
Good palce
Manufacturing Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 28, 2015
Good people to work with. Had challenges everyday which kept you on your toes and think about what you was doing and made sure you was careful at what you did.
Nice job but bad management
Material handler (Former Employee) –  collierville,tnOctober 4, 2014
Nice job although the management was kind of shady. A day at the job would be ok if the team worked together, but management had favorites. That's not proper behavior within a work environment. I have learned a lot from the job such as material control and interaction with employees. I learned management skills such as developing strategies needed to get the work done on time and while following safety rules.
Pros
learning different management skills
Cons
unorganized operations with lead managers
first work experience
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJune 2, 2013
• Handled and organized all material to minimize damages
• Operation forklift equipment and performing routine, entry, exit points
And all high traffic avenues of the facility to allow for unobstructed safe
Passage
• Pulled and stocked orders in a temperature controlled setting
Things have changed since new senior leadership has been put in place
Freight / Export Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAApril 8, 2013
I actually have 3 different sets of responsibility here. I am the Export Customer Service Manager responsible for leading a team through daily order processing and all shipping documents/task that go along with it. I am also the Freight Manager where I oversee all freight functions for the company (choosing carriers, setting policies, etc.). I also generate the sales and ad hoc reports for one division of the corporation. I use Cognos, Query, iSystems and Microsoft Excel. I have been with the company over 16 years. My coworkers are great but the BOD has put a relatively new senior management team in place which has changed the priorities and culture of the company over the past few years. They are preparing to sell the company fr the third time since I have been there.
Pros
great coworkers, benefits
Cons
long drive (30 miles each way), new priorities and culture put in place recently.
Good job for someone just looking for something
Assembly/Packaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAOctober 10, 2012
Pay wasn't great but it was work and it was a paycheck. Most of the employees were fun to work with, but most of them barely spoke any English. Made it pretty difficult and lonesome at times.
Cons
not very diverse