IPsoft Employee Reviews

Low paying, poor management, no advancement dead end job
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2018
I worked at iPSoft for over a year. Hours were horrible, management was too busy to talk to their own team. This is a very cut throat company where you work 10-12 hours a day and don't get rewarded. Raises were a joke at 1% of annual salary. Thanks IPSOFT that whole $40 bucks a month extra is really going to add up!!!. Company gives your breakfast and dinner.. The whole team was over worked and just not a fun place to work. I would not recommend this place at all.
Pros
free food
Cons
Manaagement, Management and Management, Long Hours.Lack of growth.
Good Office
APPLICATIONS ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2018
This is a nice company to get your computer science skills up. But they do not pay very well and dont have work from home policies in place. There is no room for upward mobility.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No work from home
Great Culture, Awesome people, Loved it there.
Annoymous (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Overall fantastic office, with an amazing view and endless memories of a positive work experience. Your work is noticed, which I truly admired about working here.
Pros
Free Breakfast, Amazing events held with co-workers!
Cons
short breaks, micro-mangement.
work environment is just ok
Linux Engineer (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 31, 2017
Office building was nice, but company spends a lot on rent to be located where they are. I would rather them spend the money on an office building that supports minimal noise so work flow could be more productive with less distractions.
One of the best IT company in NY.
IP TELEPHONY ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2017
The most enjoyable company I have ever work with. Lots of knowledgeable engineer to collaborate and one of the best and highly organize classes they offered.
Pros
Free breakfast and dinner, snacks, events, and activities.
Cons
None so far.
Good company, good people
Senior Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2017
People are good, but working remote at customer sites - for me was a no mans land information void. No real leadership or direction. You learn by making mistakes, and at a customer site that is unforgivable in the eyes of the customer. Made for some seriously stressful days.
Pros
Salary, work remote when needed
Cons
remote offices or work at company sights seems to be forgotten by corp.
Good Company
Cisco Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 22, 2017
Great knowledge base for learning new technologies.
Great work environment and people.

Day to Day work is with global customer dealing with Iot Infrastructure. Customer support engineering. Troubleshot LAN/WAN issues for customers.
decent
Help Desk Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2017
overall a good place to work if one should desire to spend endless hours in a NOC. Also, be a fast learner because the training is a joke at best. the promisses they make to can be hollow.
Pros
great work envrioment
Cons
traning is minimal
great and fun going
Lead/Sr. R & D Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2016
friendly environment great co workers and learnt a lot from them and the firm which helps me in future projects and life also.nothing hard if there is coordinal relations in office like i got
Overall nice place to work
NOC Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2016
descent place for a NOC envrioment,

co workers are fine

parties are nice

overall atmosphere, is nice

the best part of the job is working down town austin
hardest part of the job is getting answers from other co workers.
Pros
flexible
Cons
training
Better than slave labor
Platform Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 16, 2016
I was let go without any notice from a manager I've never met located in an office 1500 miles away from where I worked. The issue was something that was not proven to be my fault and I was given no warnings beforehand. The business is hostile and unsupportive in every way. No training, no patience, just demands and time limits. Every department they have is under resourced and they're doing nothing to fix it. Definitely a good ol boys network on the top.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Everything else
This company is taking our jobs away
Applications Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2016
After 3 months of being there I started noticing that what this company does is actually grab our jobs from other companies and manages them, the try to gain their employees with free breakfast, snacks and parties, but little by little is taking our jobs from us.
Pros
Free breakfast and snacks.
Cons
Evereything else, especially their clients.
Great work enviroment
Senior PaaS Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 31, 2016
This is a great learning environment and there are lots of items to grow with this great company, Lots of opportunity is available to everyone here.
Amazing place to build your career!
Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2016
IPsoft is absolutely going places. Because the company expanded quite rapidly over the last two years, there isn't much height to the company hierarchy but that is a good thing for new hires. It is very easy to accelerate your career at IPsoft if you work hard to complete your work efficiently and thoroughly while asking for additional special projects.
Pros
free snacks and drinks, keg in the kitchen for when we have really good days.
Cons
Salary is average but the company is ahead of the curve
Decent place to work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2015
High volume work in a comfortable setting. Some nice perks like free food and coffee.
The culture is odd, they do not necessary promote the best people to the best roles. It is a bit of an "old boys club". They invest in the loudest, not the smartest or hardest working.
Work is highly geared in their proprietary system, as a result I feel it is tough to move away from the company and go elsewhere.
Job is secure and the company is a good one the bet on the long term, they will go far.
Pros
Great view, free food, good compensation, lavish parties
Cons
Little freedom during the work day, many get stuck doing thankless tasks, cannot work from home, many coworkers have bad attitudes, very difficult to move up or leave, unusually high accountability, very few women
Fun place to work at
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2015
It was a great place to work for. Things didn't end well but would recommend. The environment is also very entertaining.
Good private company.
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
Ability to work with different clients in different fields.
Fun place to work at
Customer Relationship Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2014
company has a great vision of turning IT into a fully automated world, but will need more structure, resources and alignment
Client management
IPT Voice Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 22, 2013
Part of a Cisco Remote Management Services managing Cisco clients.
Great Company But...
Helpdesk Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2013
I worked for IPsoft for almost 2 years. The company, as a whole, is great! I believed in every aspect of the company's philosophy. I felt connected to the executives at the company and enjoyed the environment and everyone I worked with. My biggest gripe would be that there was no performance improvement plans. I don't know if it was like this in all departments, but I was given 1 strike and out. I would have loved to have planted my flag at a company that is poised to make a massive splash in Managed Services, however, apparently, the "company" did not feel the same way. Additionally, we were required to work 1 weekend day a week, which typically, consisted of 3 calls over a 9 hour shift, with approximately 20 tickets split among 5 people.
Pros
Bonuses, Benefits, Monthly Happy Hours, Company Anniv. Party, Holiday Party, Free Coke Products, Fresh Fruit Daily, Semi-Weekly Lunches
Cons
Poor Management, No Performance Improvement Offered, Weekend Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IPsoft. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

4.6Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight