Ipsos Employee Reviews

Rudderless upper-management
Senior Research Manager (Current Employee) –  ChicagoOctober 18, 2018
Ipsos NA has recently attempted to change course towards a more advisory-driven approach. Not a bad idea in theory, as a its future as a survey data farm is pretty limited. However, the better move would have been a push towards better analytic tools, rather than the consultant-lite strategy the seems to be moving forward.

Basically, in recent years Ipsos upper management has become a landing spot for recovering consultants looking for a more relaxed schedule. So the Ipsos personnel has heard plenty of MBA-speak about adding value, but little in the way of actual, concrete new ideas about how to add said value. Instead, we're doing a dubious reorganization, with a lot of new department names but little in the way of actual strategy.
Pros
There is a stable of talented experts in the more statistically-oriented depts.
Cons
Pointless bureaucracy in every area
Refuse to review
Project Director (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIOctober 11, 2018
Refuse to review. Refuse to answer. Refuse to participate to answer. Refuse to share my opinions. Refuse to fill in this section. Refuse to give my opinions.
Internadi
Intern (Former Employee) –  Avenida RooseveltSeptember 10, 2018
Aprendi muchisimo ahi, son muy amables y tomaron de su tiempo todos para rotarme por todas las estaciones.
Lots of Rules!
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2018
Five years ago when I first joined Ipsos, they prided themselves on giving employees the freedom to make decisions. As time went by and the company wasn't getting the sales they wanted, they cracked down on the freedom for groups to make their own decisions. Something as minor as hiring an entry level person had to be signed off on by the US finance director twice...once when you wanted to post the position (understandable), but then again when you found a candidate and wanted to make an offer. We lost a lot of good candidates waiting for the red tape of approvals.
Pros
Freedom to work from home 1-2 days a week
Cons
Corporate red tape
It's an ok place to work
Director - Ipsos Connect (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
It is an average research supplier working experience there. There were more busy, long hour days than none. It all depends on the client you work with and the team you are on. Your success there depends on how successful your team is in making their numbers for the year. There isn't a company-wide culture. The culture and enjoyment come from the team you are on.
easy work
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2018
As an employee of Ipsos you will not have a chance to move up or any pay raise after top out at 12.00 per hour. They give only a average of 27 hours a week and weeks of unemployment.
Pros
work inside
Cons
AC or Heater always broken
Ipsos was delightful
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 10, 2018
I started the day with looking at the production reports from last night performance, then replying to all urgent emails, and moving onto scheduling.I met with Supervisors and staffing for the evening shift to give them project updates. Monitoring and extra duties are done throughout the shift. What I've learned from Ipsos throughout the years that everyday is always different and new task will need to be accommodate. The workplace is always friendly and professional. The hardest challenge for Ipsos is to meet production across the board each night. The most enjoyable thing about Ipsos is the experience I've learned from Management and HR.
Pros
Good benefits especially healthcare
Cons
All call at the time when you're the Facility Manager
Not a bad place to work, if given right scenario
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 26, 2018
I liked the people I worked with but the company did some restructuring and I was placed under a manager located in Chicago. I only ever met my manager face to face twice over a year span. I never felt like a part off the team or that I received the feedback I wanted. I had asked to be placed on a different team but was denied this request. I liked what I did and the tasks I was asked to perform but felt the management structure, particularly in my case, was lacking.
The most enjoyable place to work
Financial Processor/Account Payable (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 30, 2018
The best thing about working at Ipsos is the people and culture. What I have learn and the great management team that I work with everyday the best people to work with.
Horrible place to be at
Senior Research Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 18, 2018
Ipsos was one of the worst places I worked at. The company culture lacks a sense of community. Management has no focus, and the focus is on turning around projects without any transparency into business impact. Horrible place for working parents.
Pros
OK place to get a job right out of college
Cons
Poor work-life balance, lack of team spirit, no vision, and little growth opportunity
Great place to work and learn
Intern (Current Employee) –  New York StateApril 1, 2018
Great place to work and learn - company culture is very positive and supportive, people are smart and friendly, management is caring, big chip clients
Pros
snacks every afternoon
Cons
can be long hours
company is downsizing fast
INTERVIEWER, CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 15, 2018
no offices available in the U.S. now restricted to home dialing. future of company uncertain. no longer hiring. Canadian owned company. no U.S. support system
Good stepping stone.
Market Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 13, 2018
It was a good job to return to after an extended time away from the market place. But for me it was just temporary. And unfortunately for those who have been there long the Fresno call center is closing.
Pros
No fixed schedule. Basically made your own schedule.
Cons
Fresno call center is closing.
Good working schedule
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Your able to pick your own schedule good second job. You basically dial and take surveys all day. Not too bad extremely easy and boring. There is no room for advancement so if your trying to move up in a company this is not the company.
Provide excellent customer services to both internal and external customers
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 1, 2018
Prepare and Process vendor invoices while ensuring approvals and coding .Equipped to handle multiple check run, Wires and ACH Payments per day.
Attention to detail and accuracy.
Pros
Free snacks, drinks and free bagels every Friday
Cons
Work Environment.
not to sure
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 26, 2017
I didnt really like working here to be honest. Alot of the time I got chewed out or yelled at by the people I had to call for the surveys because it was to late where they lived, it was a holiday or they didnt agree with the survey. Managment doesnt r4ewally help out new people very much. Its kinda like either you understand it or you dont, and if you dont you probably wont last long there. It was sort of a stressful, judgmental environment.
A good place to work, while going to college or putting together better options.
Market Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 6, 2017
Fun place to work. Has a break room. However, you have to meet your production rate when on the telephones. Management will give you up to three warnings before firing you for not meeting your production rate.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Indoor work environment
Very laid back
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 4, 2017
Working at Ipsos was very laid back. The HR department is very understanding and helpful. I would recommend this job to a college student who needs income.
Overall the job is ok when it comes to needing a job
Market Researcher (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 15, 2017
Ipsos is an OK place to work nothing realy fun about it nor do you look forward to going in anytime. The environment is not much to complain about hardest part about the job was when the decided to switch you from am back to pm shifts or the fact that they have so many people working when you do get am shift its hard to get days. You really have to hype yourself up for going to a job were you sitting at a desk for 6hrs of course with a 30 minute lunch and 1 break but to sit there knowing they expect so much from you knowing you getting so little from them. Its not the best pay for the rate and as many calls they expect us to be at by the end of the day.
Pros
15 minute paid break
Cons
short breaks and lunch its always freezing even during winter, sickness spreads fast, not the best pay, old computers, broken equipment ect....
Recruiter
Contract Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 28, 2017
As a recruiter, it was a rewarding position and honored to have been part of a great HR department. It was rewarding to fill challenging positions with excellent analytical candidates and to hear positive feedback from senior leaders. It was a great experience!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ipsos. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss