Ipsos
Happiness rating is 63 out of 100

Ipsos Employee Reviews

productive and fun place with great co workers. pay is less but there is work life balance. celebrations happen all the time. get a chance to work with top client
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
I really like working for Ipsos! Their website has two portals. Each with different clients of assignments. On the Shopmetrics portal, you put your city and state in the search bar and how far to search. Then a list of available opportunities pops up. There are also certifications you can take to qualify for other opportunities. The guidelines are provided and tests. When you complete an assignment, this is where you submit your survey. It's pretty easy to do. On the Sassie portal, finding jobs is pretty easy. You search on the jobs board and apply for the ones you want, and if selected you either instantly get assigned or you get an email from a scheduler. Schedulers are either awesome and very communicative, or you hardly hear from them at all. There is a tab called shop lo, which shows all your scheduled shops and has a tab for submitting surveys after completing the work. The work is varied and enjoyable. The hardest part of the work is coordinating shop locations, dates and times and travel between them.
Pros
Variety of assignments, ease of picking up assignments, email communication only with scheduler, independent contractor
Cons
Assignments not guaranteed, assignment availability varies, independent contractor only, travel required
Some great people but a few bad apples that were allowed to negatively impact team collaboration and the culture. Rewarding at times but at times unnecessarily hectic.
Pros
Some great colleagues
Cons
Some very bad apples
Generally good. CEO great. leaders below don't communicate to general population well.I would recommend working or at least interviewing/Applying to the organization.Depending on role there is not great work life/balance.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Over-all company culture is good, depends on which division/team you are in. The teams I was in were fast paced and lean, which meant lot of pressure and learning, and also lot of opportunity. Not applicable for all teams.
Pros
Lot of resources, ability to switch departments
Cons
Very lean teams
Good for a first job, no direction, no growth. There are few options or challenges available. Benefits are good, holiday time off and vacation time are very good.
I really enjoy working for this company. Very knowledgeable management team very clean. If you are looking for a place of diversity and need a second job this is the place.
It wasn't the best, but wasn't the worst. Honestly the calling and talking got too much for me, as I am someone who doesn't like to be on the phone that much. Super flexible hours, and you can change your schedule every two weeks. Everyone was soooo nice but it just wasn't for me.
A typical day at work: wait to be notified of more stupid management decisions. What I learned: not to trust anyone. Management: HA! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Workplace culture: weird, asocial and sad. Hardest part of the job: coming in every day. Most enjoyable part of the job: Leaving.
Great place to work. Training thorough and speedy. Great work environment. Data entry, call center, interviews, 50+ wpm, customer service and soft sales.
We don’t get any benefits: no PTO, paid holidays, health insurance, etc. Holidays you get off are not set in stone and it varies each year and sometimes you don’t know about a holiday day off until the week of, which is pretty unprofessional in my opinion. You make $11 an hour which is not even enough to be able to afford a $600/month rent for a place to live. Other call centers start off at $17 an hour. You can get a 25¢ raise every 500 hours based on performance, but it is capped at marking $12 an hour and the bonus can be revoked the following review if you’re not performing well enough. We are like our own island, we can never participate in Ipsos events because we can’t be off the phones at all. With this, what motivation would we have to work well and be productive for you? I can work at a fast food restaurant or craft store and make more money an hour. Additionally, the software we use is very dated (think out of an 80s film) you can’t move your cursor, you have to erase everything and that gets annoying. The office is very old and it is either really cold or really hot. We lose a lot of hours on the night shift because of a lack of work. Training could be much more thorough, it’s kind of sparse.
No an ideal place to work when looking for management support. There is constant disorganization and lack of communication. I would recommend looking further for a role in finance.
I want to service my clients, but we are too short staffed in the programming department, so all my deliverables go out late, and there is nothing I can do.
Worked here out of college. Was a great place to get a lot of tasks, variety and responsibility, but merciless work pace. Managers didn't care if you worked on something until 3am, they would take whatever you were willing to give. Largely worked as a team of 1 from research design to report completion without any support.
It was an ok job to get you by. Im a fast learner, so for me it didn't take long to get a raise and all the premiums. Overall it's easy work and the schedule was somewhat flexible.
Work hard and promotion can be fast as the company has really inflated titles. However, workload can vary depending on time of year and team you're in, and sometimes worklife balance can be tough.
Ipsos has some benefits such as work from home however, they do not have the best managers in the operations department. You are being micro managed and not allowed to think for yourself. They try to control every aspect of your work day. You are not allowed to leave your desk without permission. I did not learn much since i was not trained. My requests for training where ignored.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Bad management
I don't have anything to say right now. It was a very negative experience. We were expected to work 50 to 60 hours a week. Roles were not clear and defined.
It was good while we were an actual call center. But after switching to at home, they often had periods of no work and now we are in a six month dry spell of no work. Need to work harder on having stuff for their at home employees.
This is a great place to work at, very wonderful modern culture, very great determined and friendly staff. This is a good company to work for out of college.
  1. Employee Reviews