IQPC Employee Reviews

A good place to work
Manager of Audience Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
My boss was the best. Very fair, smart and supported team as individuals. Training program was wonderful, he is a great teacher along with being a great manager. The base salary however, is significantly lower than competitors, so I hope that they do fix that at some point, it becomes unsustainable in NYC, even as a top performer. Also because of the base salary, recruiting was focused on recent graduates, which led to an all around very young vibe. It was still nice, but not where I felt I fit in in my 30s.
Pros
Management, specifically my boss in DS
Cons
Base salary
I still have nightmares
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 8, 2018
Horrible mini call-center environment. Managers make you feel like you’re stupid in front of your peers. You will work a lot but you won’t see much pay off. Management is loudly republican and loves trump. Part of the sales training is to lie to your customers.
Pros
Starbucks nearby
Cons
Absolutely everything.
Pay for performance culture
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2018
IQPC is a pay for performance culture. If sell well at IQPC, you get paid well at IQPC. The management team is why most people stay. They have created a safe place to fail. As long as you show effort, they have your back. The base pay could be better. Really struggled the first few months due to lack of pipeline.
Pros
Good People, Good managers, Great place to learn how to sell.
Cons
Too many company meeting, Free beer is nice, but don't need monthly updates across the business, Base pay could be better, Update the CRM and work stations
typical sales role with cut throat KPIS
Business Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2018
if you dont get grasp of job within first 2-3 months you might as well quit before you get fired -super cut throat, fast paced and meet quotas 100% .
I got a foot in the door opportunity and I appreaciate it
Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2017
Not the best yet not the worst place to work at. A lot of great employees with great intentions. Sales department is cut-throat with constant turnover.
Fun, challenging, exciting place to be a part of - lots of career growth opportunities
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2017
I love working here. My colleagues and boss are smart and savvy plus supportive and fun. The pace of business is fast which I like and that pressure drives me to work smart and be efficient - and everyone else does too which creates a great atmosphere of achievement and constantly moving forward. Over the years I've been given multiple opportunities to grow my career and to change my role to better suit the needs of the business which has kept me engaged and constantly challenged. It's is NEVER boring or stagnant IQPC! I also love the international piece and getting to collaborate with and support folks across the globe.
Pros
talented leaders, fun coworkers, exciting work environment and products, entrepreneurial spirit
Cons
aggressive deadlines and very fast paced - can be stressful at times
You can learn a lot
CONTENT PRODUCER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2017
You can definitely learn a lot if you put a lot of effort into your role. The work can be rewarding and beneficial for the entire company if you strive to complete every task at hand.
Great work experience and comfortable workplace environment
Customer Relationship & Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2017
A company's culture is only as strong as its leadership, and the leaders (at various levels) don't particularly care about cultivating a positive work environment. The location of IQPC is convenient and the people I interacted with on a day-to-day basis were all quite nice. For me, there was nothing neither terrible or great about IQPC. But in general, IQPC is all about maintaining the status quo and lacks any dynamism from top to bottom.
Pros
Location, Travel, Good Marketing Team, After hours specials
Cons
Employee culture, Poor Training, Snobbish co-workers
Revolving door culture,
Sponsorship Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2017
Long working hours, hard to keep track of co-workers since they come and go on a regular base. The pay is not great, the good thing about the job is the constant sales training they offer.
Pros
Training
Cons
Employee culture
Experience
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FlAugust 20, 2015
A learning experience. Use the "Spin" selling method. High pressure sales environment. Great co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was going onsite to the events and conferences.
A great place to learn what type of employers you don't want to work for
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2015
IQPC was a wake up call and a place you learn what you don't want for work in New York. Basically, working there was a blessing and a curse. The managers are all shady and HR will not help you with any problems that arise with the staff.
Pros
Cons
everything about the place and staff
IQPC is All About the Status Quo
Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2015
Pros
The marketing team are all good, hard working personable people.
Cons
Weak leadership. Lack of perks. Lacks any inspiration.
Ideal for recent college grad, not good culture
Sales and Executive Sponsorship (Current Employee) –  NYCNovember 7, 2014
This is a good place to jump start your business career and understand, business development, and how to negotiate, write proposals, understand the market. It isn't an environment, if you don't like to be micromanaged. It has high level turn over, and you are not really compensated well, as you must find your own leads and spend a lot of time outside of the office doing lead research, and then during the day you are micromanaged.
Pros
good business skills
Cons
bad compensation, commission structure is ridiculous
Sink or swim kinda place
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2014
Typical Day:

Start work at 8:30am work till 5:30pm or later.
Make 80 plus calls a day, 2 hours of call time.
Make a sale ring a bell.

What I learned:

Nothing. This is almost a mindless robot job.
Call, pitch, email, and repeat.

Co-workers:
Very Childish and act like High School kids.
Frat-Boy, Sorority Girl types and not the good kind.
Rude and they will steal your leads if your not on top of it.

Hardest Part about this job:
Making a sale, getting promoted, staying employed longer than 3 months.

Most enjoyable part of the job:
Your commission checks. They are great if you can make them.
Pros
Located in the heart of Manhattan easy to get to.
Cons
Very high turnover, frat-boy wasted mentality, rude co-workers.
Successful working experience
Sponsorship Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2014
a typical day at work
- 80+ calls and 2 hours of phone time per day
- Research on industry and event topics
- Client Management
- Sales Training
- Coordinating with Marketing Operations and Production teams

what I learned
- Multitasking
- Becoming a team player
- Outside the box lead research
- Perseverance
- How to create and operate an educational and entertaining event

the hardest part of the job
- Lead sourcing
- Contacting perspective clients
- Creating and maintaining urgency
- Making sure the client fully understands the value of opportunity

the most enjoyable part of the job
- Putting on the actual event
- Entertaining clients
- Helping clients to create new and valuable business relationships
- Making Money
Pros
Great coworkers, Medical and Dental benefits, Opportunity to build a personal brand
Cons
Micro management, taking blame for problems not created by me, manipulation
Company needs to find its niche
conference producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2014
Projects and responsibilities constantly change as company priority and direction change. Very unstable
Interesting workplace but lacking innovation
Program Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2014
The office environment and business are interesting but the management is short sighted and does not treat clients well; favoring revenue to quality customer treatment and retention. There is a lack of innovation at the company and it is not adapting with changes in the markets it serves. At times a pleasant place to work but often not a positive place which leads to a high turn-over rate.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short-sighted and lacking adaptability and innovation
A great learning experience
Divisional Co-Managing Director ([MD] (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2014
Learned many industries and perfected my negotiation skills for integrated marketing campaigns.
Work hard, play hard
Manager of Strategic Delegate Acquisition (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2013
This is a tough job, so be prepared to work hard and be able to make 60-80 cold calls a day. It can be frustrating, but the people in the office are generally pretty cool, which makes a huge difference. Not the best first job after college, but not the worst. You are basically a glorified telemarketer.
Pros
Occasional free beer, cool people, good hours
Cons
Being required to make so many calls and a lot of rejection
Cold calling for business development of conferences for business professionals in the medical and legal industries.
Delegate Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2013
I was responsible for new business development, and contacting potential clients to attend conferences that were hosted based on the market's demand.
Pros
competitive pay and bonuses.
Cons
$10, 000 quota a month on selling conferences to professionals who didn't have time to talk.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IQPC. Our community is ready to answer.

IQPC Reviews by Location