IQVIA Employee Reviews

Low quality IT products
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 12, 2018
This review is only a reflection on the client facing IT department. Poor processes, maintaining an overly complex poor performing product, leads to constant scrambles to address the never ending list of bugs.
Good start; tough finish
Engagement Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 9, 2018
Started off okay but the more I did, the more work and direct reports I got, to the point of being overloaded. The company is still trying to merge all of its acquisitions under one umbrella...will likely take a few more years.
Company is soley focused on the bottom line
Senior Patient Recruitment Lead (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 7, 2018
They talk a good game about caring about work/life balance, and being focused on patients, but the unspoken culture and expectation of IQVIA is to work overtime, not just occasionally, as is expected with most jobs, but the vast majority of the time. In my department, most people consistently work 50+ hours a week, and work well after working hours in their respective time zones.
One of the challenges for my department in the company is the constant change in structure, management, and job responsibilities (in under three years, I've had four supervisors, two title changes, two major changes in job responsibilities/departments--more responsibility for no additional salary, and one insurance provider change), and the benefits are not that great for a large company such as this.
One of the hardest parts of the job is the amount of training required. I understand this industry is highly regulated, but they add so many more trainings it's crazy, plus you don't use the majority of it, or by the time you need it, the process or software has changed several times or become obsolete.
One good thing: Generally speaking IQVIA hires good people--smart, educated, well-qualified people. The people you work with on the day-to-day are excellent. It's the larger company with which I have issue.
Pros
Excellent colleagues, promote from within
Cons
Terrible work/life balance, profit-focused
Good Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 18, 2018
California operations downsized since early 2017, with most positions laid-off after several acquisitions and name changes. Data verification for US operations is now done in Philippines.
Needs improvement, has potential
Senior Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 18, 2018
Unrealistic goals, high turnover, and work life balance is low. My department really needs a makeover and it could be nice place to work. Working hard is fine, working over time is fine, but a problem if you have to fight for time off after working around the clock.
PowerPoint Presentations
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAOctober 18, 2018
Mock-ups done in PowerPoint. Requirements done in Word. No advanced SharePoint. Manager never met with me. Employees were nice. Given no extra training outside of IQVIA internal classes. Didn't have budget to support other training.
Good job for balancing home life and career.
Senior Clinical Trial Educator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 15, 2018
This is a great job for me as I need to work from home often, but I do travel quite a bit as well. Would love the opportunity to become a nurse educator with IQVIA.
Pros
Mostly flexible
Cons
Traveling
Great Place to work
IT Production Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 4, 2018
IQVIA is a great place to work and make a name for yourself. The Culture is very collaborative work place. They do try to promote from within when possible.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
too many meetings
Great company with great benefits.
LEAD SR. CLINICAL RESEARCH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 28, 2018
Great company to work for and excellent work ethics. They care about your work life balance and you are rewarded for your extra efforts and accomplishments.
Pros
Positive Team work environment and great people to work with. Nice in-house gym.
Cons
Insurance after merge got higher.
Fun and great for growth.
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 23, 2018
Awesome place to work at. Provided many growth opportunities. Hardest part of the job is the amount of work presented daily. The best part is that there are always opportunities.

Want to know more about IQVIA?

Ask a question
Industry Leader
Senior CRA (Current Employee) –  Home BasedSeptember 12, 2018
IQVIA is definitely the leader in the CRO sector. It's a large company so it has its benefits and drawbacks but overall, it's a solid company. The workload can get high and can get frustrating when others don't seem to be working as hard.
Pros
Good pay, solid benefits
Cons
Unbalanced workload among peers
Lot of change in organization
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 10, 2018
Organization seems to change pretty regularly due to a high level of acquisition. Its a nice place to work, but can be hard to keep up with such constant change. This likely is a temporary phase, and most organizations seem to go through it.
Great place to work and I love the in house cafeteria and underground parking
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 9, 2018
I really enjoy the work life balance at IQVIA. The work schedule has flexible start times and working from home has been a great perk. The work day is broken up handling Expense Accounting, audits then daily banking. This position also includes a certain amount of customer service, assisting all our US locations and our Canadian based employees, researching and providing resolutions for banking issues. I've learned to work with PeopleSoft, which is very intuitive. The management is very professional, adhering to the culture IQVIA promotes at every level.
IQVIA - always improving
Engagement Manager / Senior Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 8, 2018
I have worked at IMS Health / IQVIA for the past 5+ years, and have been part of many different projects, from one end of the country to the other. I worked out of my home, and travelled to many assignments (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, California, Chicago). I also worked from home for assignments (Phoenix AZ, Milwaukee WI, Seattle WA, Plymouth Meeting PA, Bridgewater NJ). My bosses were supportive and encouraging. They challenged me when I needed it and applauded when I made progress. Between 2016 and now, IMS merged with Quintiles, changed its name to IQVIA and acquired HighPoint Solutions. Our group was amalgamated into that group. I recommend IQVIA as a great company with a lot of opportunities!
Pros
Variety of work, Opportunity to learn
Cons
Some projects were thankless, HighPoint was a different culture
Overall great company
CTA (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 3, 2018
IQVIA is a great company to get started in clinical research. They offer many entry level position, as well as high level positions. There is definitely a chance to grow within the company.
Enjoyable Work Environment
Tier 2 Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA 23320August 29, 2018
Great place to work. Willing to work with your schedule. Mangagement works well with their teams. There is plenty of room for advancement, for self motivated individuals.
Summary
Analyst/Client Service/Managed Markets Consultant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 27, 2018
Good place to work. They offer on the job training and also do offer internal classes to learn more about product lines. Some flexibility in working hours.
Pros
multiple products
Cons
over abundance of meetings
Beware Contract wage vs Permanent wage
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 26, 2018
Your pay will be cut up to 10k annually if you become permanent.
Management is non existent. They are rarely in the office and do not interface with thier direct reports.
No job security.
Pros
Cons
Friends and fami!y of the mangers advance, but newbies are fed to the wolves.
Difficult environment for a contractor
IT Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 22, 2018
Worked on a large project in IT department. Project was poorly planned and poorly managed, major decisions made with little regard for feasibility, lots of politics and finger pointing when things didn't go well. The department talks a lot about being "agile" but has no idea what that means. For employees who reach a certain level on the food chain life is good; for everyone else, not so much. Lots of cultural issues they are not being acknowledged or addressed.
Pros
Pharma industry is interesting
Cons
Politics, busy work, poor culture
good working atmosphere and work life balance
Assoc Medical Data Review Mgr (Current Employee) –  Bangalore Urban, KarnatakaAugust 8, 2018
Best place to work, employee friendly management, work life balance with facility of remote working, good scope of learning, advanced methodologies for current industry standards