IQVIA Employee Reviews

Innovative company with great leadership
Certified Diabetes Educator, RD/territory manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 20, 2019
IQVIA offered opportunities to work autonomously and supported my growth as a field employee. I enjoyed my tenure with this company and I was disappointed when the contract for our project ended.
Pros
Being a field employee
Cons
Extensive travel was sometimes required
Be Proactive
Sr. Clinical Research Associate III (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 20, 2019
Overall great place to work. You just need to be proactive in looking for growth. Need to push for balance on work and life. Good teams although it wouldn’t hurt for a bit more training.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Need Balance
IT operating thin
IT Director (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 19, 2019
Have trimmed resources very thin. Multiple jobs per resource. Impossible to maintain quality service delivery. The savings required pushed out a log of quality expertise. Those that remained are looking for alternate employment. Off hours support required with no acknowledgement or comp time.
Pros
Learn new things
Cons
Focus on savings versus skills, Long term employees not respected.
Salary is not competitive
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warren, NJMarch 18, 2019
All people are really very good but I personally feel, salary is not up to the mark or competitive in New Jersey. IQVIA is basically human science company.
Not My Idea of a Happy Place
Project Manager, Consumer Delivery Team (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 15, 2019
Over Worked and under appreciated. Poor work/life culture. Business Development/Sales teams over sell, committing Delivery Team to be over extended . They are bleeding resources due to this workplace culture.
Pros
Good People
Poor Training/Just a number
PMA (Current Employee) –  Home BasedMarch 12, 2019
Horrible place, just completed first 90 days and I’m searching vigorously for a new job. Management just throws new employees into studies and expects you to train on nights and weekends. Biggest regret was accepting the offer. It’s so bad I’m considering quitting with no job lined up.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Lack of training, computer modules are the bulk of training
Good company to work for before the merger with Quantiles
Director - SAP Project Management (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 6, 2019
Good company to work for before the merger with Quantiles.
It was a fun company and better management before the acquisition of Quintiles, this is when it was IMS Health
Management lack integrity
Sr. Mgr. Application Development (Current Employee) –  Warren Township, NJMarch 3, 2019
Very hostile work environment with very no/limited work life balance. Many H1 employees and desi managers with no or little management skills and practice favoritism.
Pros
Low workload
Cons
No growth
Great place for career advancement if you have a Science Degree
Regulatory and Start-up Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 22, 2019
This is a great place to work if you're looking to obtain a managerial position or to utlize a Life Sciences or other Science degree. There isn't much advancement, otherwise, for those who have degrees not pertaining to the sciences. They prefer those who travel to represent the company to have a science background.
Pros
Great for self-starters
Cons
Advancement primarily for Science backgrounds
A great place to learn
NORTH AMERICA SITE IDENTIFICATION LEAD (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 19, 2019
IQVIA is a great place to start your career. While demanding you will have the opportunity to learn as much as you want. To succeed you need to able to figure things out by yourself and be comfortable working in an environment that does not promote collaboration or interaction.
Pros
Location, excellent cafe on site, on-site healthcare, new facilities
Cons
The environment
Great company
Orthopedic Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 18, 2019
Company is great and great career. Many possible opportunities to grow and to expand your career. The upper management work hard to help employees whom help themselves.
Great Company
Oncology Clinical Educator (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 15, 2019
Great company but with some contract jobs....I want to be a full-time, permanent employee. Very employee driven and communicative company. I love my job!!
Good company, no room for promotion
Associate Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNFebruary 5, 2019
Good company with good benefits, I'm outsourced for another company. Difficult to "work" for two companies that struggle to communicate. HR with IQVIA has been easy to deal with, frustrating to request time off through two separate companies
Pros
Good management, good HR
Cons
Bad communication with outsourced employees
It’s been great working at Iqvia
IT Architect (Current Employee) –  PAFebruary 1, 2019
It’s been great working at Iqvia. I’ve been with them for 13 years but without much career advancement, I am searching for a new opportunity somewhere else.
Legal (Former Employee) –  INJanuary 27, 2019
Good work life balance, opportunities to grow. I was also at IQVIA when the company was newly set up in Bangalore and so the exposure I got was high to various activities. A lot also depends on your manager.
No life balance
Operations Specialist/Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 17, 2019
Teams are understaffed to handle workload leading to poor work life balance. It also increases staff burnout and job dissatisfaction. Not enough staff available in order to train new and oncoming staff.
Pros
Discrentationary leave
Cons
Overworked
Ok
Senior Consultant / Architect (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 15, 2019
Very good work culture
Lot of learnings and work from home option is very good.

Hierarchy is not good. Need to improve the work culture.

There is clear path for hierarchy
Busy call center who gives IT support for pharma reps
Customer Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 14, 2019
Very busy call center who provides IT support for several pharmaceutical companies. I have learned much about the proper protocols for escalating tickets and how to exercise all of my resources to resolve client issues. The management is very employee oriented and they work well with staff to keep operations running smoothly. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with some of the medical systems that the pharma reps use and trying to help them resolve the issues they have with those systems. The most enjoyable part of the job is resolving clients' issues and receiving praise for doing so.
Pros
Everyone is friendly
Cons
Training is ineffecient... must learn on the job
Good company but a bit short sighted
Senior Site Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 9, 2019
The layoffs that were implemented seem to be only driven by cost as i had a good recent work review. I felt like when release were implemented the support team was left to hear it from the user base.
Pros
Free Coffe, Available parking, Tele-Work available.
Cons
Understaffed several times per year when updates rolled out.
Excellent training opportunities, home-based opportunities, independence, most clinical and project leads were great to work with,.
SENIOR CLINICAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2019
I loved the work I performed as CRA/Sr. CRA with Quintiles/IQVIA, and the training was excellent. I also met some truly wonderful people during my years at Quintiles/IQVIA. Although getting promoted was troublesome, I was frequently rewarded for a "job well done!" by Clinical Leads and Project Managers on my studies. I learned most of what I know about clinical research during my time at Quintiles. I loved working from home! I love being a CRA because most studies are quite interesting, I am permitted a lot of independence with my work/travel/training schedule, and I have been privileged to work with a lot of great people in the industry!
Pros
Lots of training, independence, nice people
Cons
disinclination to promote

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IQVIA. Our community is ready to answer.