IQVIA Employee Reviews

Busy call center who gives IT support for pharma reps
Customer Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 14, 2019
Very busy call center who provides IT support for several pharmaceutical companies. I have learned much about the proper protocols for escalating tickets and how to exercise all of my resources to resolve client issues. The management is very employee oriented and they work well with staff to keep operations running smoothly. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with some of the medical systems that the pharma reps use and trying to help them resolve the issues they have with those systems. The most enjoyable part of the job is resolving clients' issues and receiving praise for doing so.
Pros
Everyone is friendly
Cons
Training is ineffecient... must learn on the job
Great place to work and I love the in house cafeteria and underground parking
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 9, 2018
I really enjoy the work life balance at IQVIA. The work schedule has flexible start times and working from home has been a great perk. The work day is broken up handling Expense Accounting, audits then daily banking. This position also includes a certain amount of customer service, assisting all our US locations and our Canadian based employees, researching and providing resolutions for banking issues. I've learned to work with PeopleSoft, which is very intuitive. The management is very professional, adhering to the culture IQVIA promotes at every level.
Company is soley focused on the bottom line
Senior Patient Recruitment Lead (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 7, 2018
They talk a good game about caring about work/life balance, and being focused on patients, but the unspoken culture and expectation of IQVIA is to work overtime, not just occasionally, as is expected with most jobs, but the vast majority of the time. In my department, most people consistently work 50+ hours a week, and work well after working hours in their respective time zones.
One of the challenges for my department in the company is the constant change in structure, management, and job responsibilities (in under three years, I've had four supervisors, two title changes, two major changes in job responsibilities/departments--more responsibility for no additional salary, and one insurance provider change), and the benefits are not that great for a large company such as this.
One of the hardest parts of the job is the amount of training required. I understand this industry is highly regulated, but they add so many more trainings it's crazy, plus you don't use the majority of it, or by the time you need it, the process or software has changed several times or become obsolete.
One good thing: Generally speaking IQVIA hires good people--smart, educated, well-qualified people. The people you work with on the day-to-day are excellent. It's the larger company with which I have issue.
Pros
Excellent colleagues, promote from within
Cons
Terrible work/life balance, profit-focused
poor management/lack of advancement
Finance (Current Employee) –  PADecember 4, 2018
management sweeps problems under the rug, no advancement opportunities, jobs created for "brown nosers" not on internal job postings for more qualified people to apply. Managers lack the ability to manage effectively and fairly. Most people not happy and looking for other employment
Pros
Lunch Fridays
Cons
not EOE
Everything Depends on the team
Sr. Manager Statistical Programming (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 21, 2018
Everything depends on the team and your manager. Generally if you are working in consulting it is very fast paced and stressful, however it comes with quick career advancements and better compensation. If you are in service, core methodology or support you will have better job stability, work life balance, relaxed atmosphere etc, however you will almost never grow in your job or pay.

Different people like different work cultures, you will get everything you prefer provided you are in right team. Overall a good place to work with good people around.
Pros
Relaxed, flexible, good benefits
Cons
No growth
Your Mileage May Vary
Senior Manager, Product Management (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 3, 2019
I was part of a "start-up"-esque group at IMS Health prior to the Quintiles merger and IQVIA rebranding, so my comments regarding the current direction of the company probably are not that helpful! During my time there, the Parsippany office was fairly quiet which made for a productive work environment; the lack of true meeting space was at times problematic, but that may have been addressed. Management styles varied, which is true of any company; some people were easier/friendlier to get along with, others were terrible but effective in their roles, etc. I learned along the way that management MUST have predefined structure in terms of what is expected of employees; things changed over the course of my time there (sometimes seemingly on a whim) and it led to some confusion.
Pros
Professional environment, cafeteria on site, ability to work from home
Cons
For my particular role - uncertainty about daily expectations
Great place to work - many opportunities
Senior Consultant, Technical Services (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PADecember 18, 2018
I enjoy working at IQVIA. Initially, my department worked on many different projects using many different technologies. The work was varied and interesting. In the past few years, they have had a few mergers, and as a result of reorganization, my role and the work I get has changed. Therefore, I am looking both internally and externally for a new role. The best part of the company is that there are many different areas to work, and they are embracing new technologies. The downside is that, due to the mergers, the management structure is somewhat confusing.
Pros
Ability to WFH, flexibility, flexible time off
Good company
Sr. Clinical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Home BasedNovember 27, 2018
Enjoyed the company and the people. Busy but generally manageable. Good management support. Pay and benefits were fair. Interesting studies, provided different experiences.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Pay somewhat lower than other companies.
good resource
Associate Consultant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PADecember 14, 2018
Good for learning. The promotion system is not very compelling. The management team cannot help the employee but it is a nice place to learn different databases in the pharmaceutical industry.
IQVIA - always improving
Engagement Manager / Senior Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 8, 2018
I have worked at IMS Health / IQVIA for the past 5+ years, and have been part of many different projects, from one end of the country to the other. I worked out of my home, and travelled to many assignments (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, California, Chicago). I also worked from home for assignments (Phoenix AZ, Milwaukee WI, Seattle WA, Plymouth Meeting PA, Bridgewater NJ). My bosses were supportive and encouraging. They challenged me when I needed it and applauded when I made progress. Between 2016 and now, IMS merged with Quintiles, changed its name to IQVIA and acquired HighPoint Solutions. Our group was amalgamated into that group. I recommend IQVIA as a great company with a lot of opportunities!
Pros
Variety of work, Opportunity to learn
Cons
Some projects were thankless, HighPoint was a different culture
Beware Contract wage vs Permanent wage
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 26, 2018
Your pay will be cut up to 10k annually if you become permanent.
Management is non existent. They are rarely in the office and do not interface with thier direct reports.
No job security.
Pros
Cons
Friends and fami!y of the mangers advance, but newbies are fed to the wolves.
Office atmosphere
Compliance Analyst, Accounting Department (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 14, 2018
A typical day at IQVIA is quiet. We have days that are extremely busy and slower times, but everyone is pretty focused on there duties and completing task so there is not a lot of chatter unless you are in a break area. IQVIA is a great place to work especially if you are looking gain experience in an office setting. I had office experience already; however, you do not have to have tons of experience to get in the door. I have learned how to perform data analysis and how to create pivot tables while working at IQVIA. There are several managers/supervisors. Most of them are great and will do what they can so that you can continue to grow. Some of them have no interest in your future or growth. The hardest part of the job is being in a position whereas there is no more advancement opportunities. The most enjoyable part is having the trust of your manager in your work so that you are not micromanaged and of course coming together with your coworkers for fun activities especially when you have worked with them so long that they feel like family.
Pros
Unlimited vacation days
Cons
No work from home opportunities
good working atmosphere and work life balance
Assoc Medical Data Review Mgr (Current Employee) –  Bangalore Urban, KarnatakaAugust 8, 2018
Best place to work, employee friendly management, work life balance with facility of remote working, good scope of learning, advanced methodologies for current industry standards
Difficult environment for a contractor
IT Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 22, 2018
Worked on a large project in IT department. Project was poorly planned and poorly managed, major decisions made with little regard for feasibility, lots of politics and finger pointing when things didn't go well. The department talks a lot about being "agile" but has no idea what that means. For employees who reach a certain level on the food chain life is good; for everyone else, not so much. Lots of cultural issues they are not being acknowledged or addressed.
Pros
Pharma industry is interesting
Cons
Politics, busy work, poor culture
Project Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 19, 2018
IQVIA has been a good company to work for. Many changes since the merger (IMS Health +Quintiles). Some have been good and some extremely disappointing. No micro management exist in my current department. They value employee input and promote employees work/life balance. I get to work from home 3 days a week and that's a savings to my family. The work can be challenging at times, but for the most part it's manageable.
Pros
Work is manageable, work/life balance, management is good, stress free
Cons
Salary, small cubes, low partitions, hard to get promotions or move within the company, expensive medical, no stock options
Hard work
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 22, 2018
The workload can be unmanageable and overwhelming, with little that can be done to improve the situation, depending on your project(s). Management is generally supportive and as flexible as possible. After six months, there is usually the option to work from home three days per week. The culture after Quintiles’ merger with IMS seems to devalue employees and focuses primarily on achieving company goals, often at the expense of employee satisfaction and work/life balance.
Multi-channel Marketing Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 24, 2018
Since IMS Health started buying up smaller consultancies and eventually started their Managed Market group, the clash of cultures and management styles were a mess. My hope is that with time that changed.
Pros
Data & Client Management Skills