IQVIA Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Lot of change in organization
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 10, 2018
Organization seems to change pretty regularly due to a high level of acquisition. Its a nice place to work, but can be hard to keep up with such constant change. This likely is a temporary phase, and most organizations seem to go through it.
Great place to work and I love the in house cafeteria and underground parking
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 9, 2018
I really enjoy the work life balance at IQVIA. The work schedule has flexible start times and working from home has been a great perk. The work day is broken up handling Expense Accounting, audits then daily banking. This position also includes a certain amount of customer service, assisting all our US locations and our Canadian based employees, researching and providing resolutions for banking issues. I've learned to work with PeopleSoft, which is very intuitive. The management is very professional, adhering to the culture IQVIA promotes at every level.
IQVIA - always improving
Engagement Manager / Senior Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 8, 2018
I have worked at IMS Health / IQVIA for the past 5+ years, and have been part of many different projects, from one end of the country to the other. I worked out of my home, and travelled to many assignments (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, California, Chicago). I also worked from home for assignments (Phoenix AZ, Milwaukee WI, Seattle WA, Plymouth Meeting PA, Bridgewater NJ). My bosses were supportive and encouraging. They challenged me when I needed it and applauded when I made progress. Between 2016 and now, IMS merged with Quintiles, changed its name to IQVIA and acquired HighPoint Solutions. Our group was amalgamated into that group. I recommend IQVIA as a great company with a lot of opportunities!
Pros
Variety of work, Opportunity to learn
Cons
Some projects were thankless, HighPoint was a different culture
Overall great company
CTA (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 3, 2018
IQVIA is a great company to get started in clinical research. They offer many entry level position, as well as high level positions. There is definitely a chance to grow within the company.
Enjoyable Work Environment
Tier 2 Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA 23320August 29, 2018
Great place to work. Willing to work with your schedule. Mangagement works well with their teams. There is plenty of room for advancement, for self motivated individuals.
Summary
Analyst/Client Service/Managed Markets Consultant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 27, 2018
Good place to work. They offer on the job training and also do offer internal classes to learn more about product lines. Some flexibility in working hours.
Pros
multiple products
Cons
over abundance of meetings
Beware Contract wage vs Permanent wage
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 26, 2018
Your pay will be cut up to 10k annually if you become permanent.
Management is non existent. They are rarely in the office and do not interface with thier direct reports.
No job security.
Pros
Cons
Friends and fami!y of the mangers advance, but newbies are fed to the wolves.
Difficult environment for a contractor
IT Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 22, 2018
Worked on a large project in IT department. Project was poorly planned and poorly managed, major decisions made with little regard for feasibility, lots of politics and finger pointing when things didn't go well. The department talks a lot about being "agile" but has no idea what that means. For employees who reach a certain level on the food chain life is good; for everyone else, not so much. Lots of cultural issues they are not being acknowledged or addressed.
Pros
Pharma industry is interesting
Cons
Politics, busy work, poor culture
good working atmosphere and work life balance
Assoc Medical Data Review Mgr (Current Employee) –  Bangalore Urban, KarnatakaAugust 8, 2018
Best place to work, employee friendly management, work life balance with facility of remote working, good scope of learning, advanced methodologies for current industry standards
Multi-channel Marketing Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 24, 2018
Since IMS Health started buying up smaller consultancies and eventually started their Managed Market group, the clash of cultures and management styles were a mess. My hope is that with time that changed.
Pros
Data & Client Management Skills
Cons
People who work there

Want to know more about IQVIA?

Ask a question
busy place
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 23, 2018
Work culture is very busy. Work life balance is not easily attainable. Currently going through merger/restructuring synergies. Global company utilizes IM.
Allowed to work independently
DATA Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJuly 9, 2018
I was allowed to work independently as long as I met my time schedule. Time off was fair and liberal. AS long as your supervisor appoved it was okay. also had flex time
Pros
flex time, breahs as needed
Cons
upper management was not for the employees
Productive workplace
Product Sppt Tech Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bangalore Urban, KarnatakaJuly 4, 2018
Learned a lot of new things about the application and its functionality from a technical support perspective.
Workplace culture is on par with any average company.
Pros
Work timings
Cons
Unnecessary work pressure
Short Lived
Accounting Specialist - Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 29, 2018
I was with the company for only two months after finding out that I was going to be layed off.... This was not only a shock but a disappointment that a company would hire me on, just to dump me and most of my fellow accounting colleagues a short time after I started. There were company layoffs but still did not make sense to hire me for such a short period of time. Work-life balance is fantastic. Company definitely cares about its employees. Will commend them for giving us three months worth of notice prior to termination. Overall great company, would work for them iagain if presented the opportunity to.
Good company but not much movement
Clinical Trials Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 31, 2018
Unfortunately, the promotion/growth opportunities have been very small and extremely slow. Because of this, many people are leaving the company to join competitors or different types of positions all together. The turnover rate is very high.
Pros
Extremely nice and helpful people
Cons
Minimum promotion; very low staffed leading to being over-worked
great place to work
Facilities Coordinator 2 (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMay 30, 2018
great place to work! organization and management really care about employee, employee health and family. departments are collaborative and very team oriented.
Challenging environment and tight spending budgets
District Manager, New York (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 26, 2018
Chance to get to know Janssen management and interact with field sales force under one sales umbrella

Challenging environment and tight spending budgets
Pros
Collaborating with Janssen management
Cons
Contract could be nullified for any reason at any time
Fun place to work
Data Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesMay 22, 2018
Work life balance for all the employee. Good compensation and benefits. More training's. They build good leaders and support that needs of the employee when it comes to training's.
Great place to learn and grow
Manager (Current Employee) –  PAMay 21, 2018
You are given the opportunity to work on interesting and challenging projects with many different pharma companies. You will work with many talented people with a wide variety of experience in the industry.
A goood company
Senior Territory Manager, Central Florida (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 18, 2018
Would recommend IQVIA to anyone who wants a professional environment. The people are very professional and have a desire to enable you to succees. Immediate management is excellent. There is a desire of teamwork in the ranks and everyone has an opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Healthcare