IRA Services Trust Company Employee Reviews

Management is not involved, no room to advance after Supervisor level
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Carlos, CAJuly 23, 2018
Although the company has been great to work for, there is a huge amount of room for positive change. Management should get way more involved with the employees, they should sponsor additional training courses for employees and especially supervisors, and they should provide better opportunities for flexible schedules.
Horrible Culture, No Advancement for Current Employees, Poor Benefits
Employee (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAJune 22, 2017
Old boys network of white old dudes in charge. Don't advance from within, No human resources department. But if you like a place that you can rely on low pay, poor benefits, low moral, someone watching and timing your breaks, lunches and how long you walked away from your cubical...this is the place for you.
Pros
Bagels or Danish and Fruit on Friday Mornings
Cons
They make you use PTO for missing 1/2 hour! Don't promote from within.
Just okay place to work
Data Entry, Deposits Department (Current Employee) –  San Carlos, CAMay 21, 2017
This company is just "okay" to work for. A typical day for me involves data entry, research for that data entry, resolving customer issues via email. I've learned a little bit about IRA rules and am able to add a new computer app to my resume.

Management needs to step up and start enforcing the rules instead of just "reminding" us via emails.

Supervisors are sticklers for following the CA labor laws regarding daily overtime and not "making up time" on a different day, taking breaks, not working through lunch, etc., yet the some supervisors come and go as they please, and they are NOT necessarily exempt either.

Hardest part of the job for me is that everyone is considered "customer service," which was not fully explained to me when I took the job. Was told there was "some" customer contact in my position, but it's constant.

It's taking me forever to make a lateral move in the company...almost 3 months since initiated and I think only 2 people have been interviewed for my position.

Some people seem to really like it though and are thriving, so these really are just my opinions. Having come from the high tech/corporate atmosphere, the small, privately owned atmosphere was and still is a huge adjustment - even after 2 years.
Pros
Not afraid to pay overtime, break rooms stocked with treats, special Friday treats, most employees are nice.
Cons
Some supervisors don't practice what they preach, no HR, don't enforce company rules.
undisclosed
New Accounts Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Carlos, CAApril 4, 2017
undisclosed....

a lot of favoritism...............

unprofessional work environment and no onstaff HR to help regulate egos and management decisions
Perfection
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAMarch 6, 2017
This place was amazing to work for!!! Manag8was great, they trained well, open door policy , very nice staff and loyal. They offer great pay, benifits ext.
Pros
Pay, job security and benefits
Great Complany to work for
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CASeptember 10, 2016
Everyday I worked at this company I was always learning how to do something different and or managing a heavy work load. I started out as a part time temp for filing and scanning and then moved my way up to Department Assistant as my finishing positon. This job was the one that taught me most of what I know in excel and PowerPoint. I used those programs to help my boss prepare of the investor meetings they had once a month. I worked in an office with 25 other co-workers, I did get along with most of them. I am still good friends with a hand full of them today. The hardest part about this job was the amount of personal errands and or favors I would have to complete for my boss on top of my already heavy work load. This job was all about time management.

What I loved most about this job was knowing that I was helping my fellow co-workers wall I was gaining new experience .
Pros
Hour lunchs, Awesome co-workers and Great managers
Cons
Too much going on is such a small office space