IRET Properties Employee Reviews

Fun office environment
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDAugust 2, 2018
I love what I do, but changes within the company have made the pay not worth the benefits.

We have been forced to take on extra work, with no added compensation.
August 7, 2018

Thank for you sharing your feedback with us. There are a lot of exciting changes happening at IRET and we realize that there may be some items that negatively impact you. These changes are being made to create more opportunities and for company growth. Please reach out to us, we would love to discuss this matter further and to hear your recommendations that we can stop, start, keep and change. Feedback from you is critical to our success - IRET Human Resources

Company changing for the worse.
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDJuly 21, 2018
In a recent town hall meeting presented by the CEO it was explained that jobs are less secure at this time and that the main focus is money. The agitated CEO reluctantly admitted to firing essential corporate employees simply for being unhappy in their roles within the company. While IRET has changed their mission, vision and core values, Mark Decker and other members of corporate struggle to apply the new culture in their work. This company was great to work for but in the last two years many things have changed and it has become less pleasant. Community Managers have very little work- life balance, budgets are extremely tight making it near impossible to obtain fiscal management goals, and they are beginning to lessen the amount of positions in the field.
Pros
Float holiday, volunteer time, and day after Thanksgiving off with pay.
Cons
High stress, money hungry company, company potentially selling portfolio.
July 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your perspective of the recent organizational changes at IRET. Our CEO, Mark Decker, and the rest of our senior leadership team are committed to a culture where change is led by innovation, and innovation creates opportunity to grow for our team members. Our mission, vision and values guide our daily work and decisions and will help us to maintain a strong culture where we value our residents, our team and our shareholders. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns; feel free to contact us directly. – IRET Human Resources

ok
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 12, 2018
The company was going through some changes at the top and i felt that hey were not being completely honest with all of the employees about what was going on which left allot of employees wondering if they were going to still have jobs. I feel it was not handeled in the most professional manor.
June 15, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We strive to create an experience that is far better than OK and apologize for the negative experience you had working for us. Integrity, ethics and accountability are part of our guiding principles and we take those very seriously. We know how important it is for our senior leadership to communicate with associates and are always looking for ways to improve. Please contact us so we can gather more details on your experience and determine if there's something we can do to make communication better. - Human Resources

Constantly revamping policy and procedures
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 27, 2018
Very unstable company, they will fire you if you have any sort of out of the box thinking. Every choice is made from individual's with no concern for reality. Always changing Regional Managers, and the individuals at the top are the worst type of humans. If you can even consider them human. Poor pay, expensive health insurance, poor work life balance and did I say unlimited favoritism if you are one of their golden children. Absolutely the worst working environment, toxic to no end! They run through employees like they are garbage. Keep looking this company is not worth your time. You will be sorry if you give them a chance.
Pros
Cons
Poor work life balance and low pay
April 30, 2018

We are sorry you had a negative experience working for us. We are committed to a strong culture and positive work environment that includes competitive pay, work-life balance and an open door policy for team members to voice their concerns. As this was not your experience, we would like to go into detail with you on the concerns you have expressed. If you are opening to discussing this please reach out to the Human Resources department at 952-401-6600. — IRET Human Resources

need some change
Coummunity Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 13, 2018
too many uncertain policies between regional manager no continuity, one person says one thing then you go to another and that ones says something totally different, where do you stand???
April 16, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience and understand the frustrations you expressed. Strong leadership and listening to the concerns of our associates throughout the company are very important to us. The experience you described above is clearly not the experience we want our associates to have. Please contact us so we can walk through your experience in more detail to improve the experience for our current and future associates. – IRET Human Resources

staff
Facility Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 31, 2018
most of the staff was back stabing while I work there keep trying to make us work at other site that we had never been at before as well as cutting on call pay
Pros
never doing the same thing
Cons
staff are two faced
April 13, 2018

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We’re disappointed that you feel this way and had a negative experience working for us. IRET is committed to delivering a great employee experience and we have a deep commitment to ensuring this is a place everyone feels welcome, valued, and is treated fairly. If you are open to it we would like to talk more thoroughly to discuss your concerns. Please contact our Human Resources department at 952-401-6600 as soon as you are able.

Fun and educational
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  MNMarch 1, 2018
I appreciated the training and staff culture. Upper management was very involved in the growth of the employees but sometimes weren't open to altering business strategy.
Pros
Good pay, Fast paced exciting enviornment
Cons
Upper management micro-managing, dealing with people sometimes
March 6, 2018

Thank you for the feedback about our training and culture. Please know that we are committed to effective communication at all levels of the organization especially at the upper management level and are always open to suggestions on how we can do better. Please contact us when you have a chance so we can discuss your ideas. - IRET Human Resources

I enjoyed the job at first, but the culture became problematic.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 13, 2018
IRET went through many changes - I would not recommend working there for a few years until they find their footing. Many people lost their jobs without good reason.
February 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback about recent changes at our organization. We believe we have a very talented team of associates and a strong culture that drives results. Our strong commitment to each other makes it very difficult when structural changes result in associates no longer being a part of the team. We would like to chat with you when you have a chance to more thoroughly discuss your concerns. Please contact our Human Resources department at 952-401-6600 as soon as you are able.

poorly managed
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Waite Park, MNJanuary 12, 2018
They continually advanced the unskilled, unqualified people in the system. Nepotism ran rampant. Their management techniques were based on favoritism and butt kissing.
February 22, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience working at IRET. We take this feedback very seriously and will share accordingly within the organization. If you have any other feedback and feel comfortable giving please contact our HR department at 952-401-6600.

Best property management I've worked for
Regional Property Manager (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 9, 2017
I've worked for a few different property management companies but of them only IRET is owner and operator of their properties which means they do what needs to be done to run a successful property-no cutting corners. Many positive changes in the last year with Management, growth opportunities and utilizing technology.
Pros
Benefits, direction of company, opportunities for growth
Cons
Spread out due to locations of real estate
November 10, 2017

Thank you for the compliments we really try our best at IRET to be an employer of choice.

Ok place to work
Mait supervisor (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 5, 2017
Nepatism not good when husband and wife work the same property other than that it was an ok place to work. The rpm was a joke she has no clue what she is doing and makes life missable, for employees who have been there for many years
November 10, 2017

Thank you for the feedback, we take nepotism very seriously at IRET. We will be sure to follow-up with your concerns. If you have any other feedback you feel comfortable giving please contact our HR departments at 952-401-6600.

Former Staff
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDOctober 26, 2017
My time at IRET was terrible. Typical day, being micro-managemed, being bossed around by certain female-workers who were very very territorial and awful to work with. Manager was enabler to the female staff, playing favorites every day, plus had to check in by text message every single hour. Nothing good about this place, except the fact it was a job, but not worth the stress, micro-management, drama, etc.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
Everything else
October 27, 2017

Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you felt while working for us. I am sorry to hear you had a poor experience with co-workers and your manager. We would love to discuss this with you, if you are up for it, please contact Human Resources at 952-401-6600 to see what we can do to prevent this from happening in the future.

Run and don't look back
Residential leasing specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 27, 2017
Quarry ridge had a inexperienced manager, short tempered and would get into arguments with residents. Treat employees unfairly and degrade them. I would not recommend this place unless you have an experienced manager
Pros
Non
Cons
Working every Saturday low pay
August 29, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry to hear you had a poor experience at Quarry Ridge, specifically regarding your manager. We would love to discuss this with you, if you are up for it, please contact Human Resources at 952-401-6600 to see what we can do to prevent this from happening in the future.

Derek Lechner

Like working with my co-workers
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 19, 2017
The work environment is good, my co workers are great to work with, they make sure that you have what you need to be effective at the job. The residents are very good to work for
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Low pay, no overtime
May 23, 2017

Thank for your feedback. We would love to get a better understanding of why you gave us a low star rating. If you feel comfortable with discussing this further please contact Chantelle Oveson at 952-401-6600.

Derek Lechner

IRET was a great place to work along with employee engagement. Enjoyed getting up to face each day.
Commercial Property Manager (Former Employee) –  1400 31st Ave, Minot, ND 58701May 4, 2017
Busy, love busy, different tasks daily from paying invoices, solving tenant or building issues. Managing budgets, preparing monthly reports. renewing of leases.
Pros
Flexible hours, fun enviroment, great co-workers
Cons
Really non that I can think of. Would still be there if position had not been eliminated.
May 11, 2017

Thanks so much for the feedback. It's unfortunate your position was eliminated. However down the road when we start to add positions in Minot again please keep us in mind for future career opportunities.

Great Benefits
Residential Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDMay 2, 2017
The hours were great, the job was at times stressful but still enjoyable. The company deleted 16 jobs recently so is not a good place to be employed at this time.
Benefits
Cons
Job Security
May 11, 2017

Thank you for the review. It’s unfortunate that we had to eliminate those positions, however growth is our goal. We hope to have other positions down the road and you might consider coming back to us.

Stay away.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 6, 2017
Hostile work environment with harassment every day. This is a place where at the end of the day you will feel defeated. They will not address their problems and make you the problem. Cover up to protect supervisors instead of addressing human rights issues.

They have gone threw many employees over the years.
April 10, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry to hear you had a poor experience while working with us. We would love to discuss this with you, if you are up for it, please contact Chantelle Oveson at 952-401-6600 to see what we can do to prevent this from happening in the future.

not worth it
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 12, 2016
poor communication
anyone at the property manager position or lower was great.
the company will write you up for not buying products from upper managements friends even if the product looks the same but is better quality and a lot cheaper.
they will punish you for missed calls when the office is closed.
Pros
Cons
all
Run
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNOctober 26, 2016
The higher-ups always have to have someone to pick on, and heaven help you if they decide it's you. It doesn't matter how well you run your property, if they don't like you for any reason at all, you're gone. Extremely unprofessional.
Pros
Pay
Cons
St Cloud Regional Manager
OKay place, poorly managed
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDOctober 17, 2016
Okay Place, benifits good. Management poor. Co-workers were good. Hardest part of job was meeting expectations. Lunch most enjoyable part of job. I worked as a custodian. I was overworked due to other custodian being away from job.
Pros
good benifits