IRET Properties Employee Reviews

A very good company in a great industry!
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 7, 2019
Since I have started with IRET I have grown tremendously in the industry. The management here in Rochester is awesome with a regional manager who is very personable and is willing to hear what you have to say. She lets you take control of your career, but will always be there with open arms to help when needed. The community of managers here in Rochester are helpful and work together well to achieve the 6 keys that IRET as a whole strives for. I will say that IRET as a whole has a lot of change as you can see when you read all the reviews. I will also say that without change there is no growth. I have yet to see change with this organization that hasn't been an upgrade from where we have been. Of course there is extra work here and there with change, but this is a business where we are dealing with very personal matters. So extra work comes with the title and career. I would say I am very blessed to have the career and community that I have around me here at IRET. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.
Pros
Paid holiday, great benefits, community of employees, sick days
January 8, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave IRET with such a positive review. It’s great to hear your region coming together as One Team! We work really hard to be a great place to live and work and are so happy to see this has been your experience. Best wishes for your continued success! - IRET Human Resources

Fun place to work, great management.
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 28, 2018
I enjoy working for IRET Properties. I get to work in many different offices and find my fellow employees to be fun and enjoyable to work with. The benefits that come with the job are very good and there are bonuses, rewards and leasing challenges. The extras are nice and make employees feel appreciated. There are many changes going on with the company which can be a challenge at times. Days can get stressful especially during our busy season, but co-workers help keep things light and fun. Management is supportive in helping each property to succeed. There is quite a bit of continuing education offered. Our regional is very encouraging and motivates employees to strive for more. She is practical and relatable. All in all it is a great place to work.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere most of the time.
Cons
Forms, policies, etc. change often
January 8, 2019

Hello there! We appreciate your feedback as you’re truly a valued member of our team. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review. Best wishes for your continued success! - IRET Human Resources

Good Life at IRET
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 27, 2018
I have been with this company for about a year and a half. In my time here I have seen many advancements in my specific region. I have even been able to advance my self! The people I get to work with on a day to day basis make my job fun and worth going to everyday. It is a fast paced work environment that always keeps you on your toes; leaving little room for boredom. Also, we have great benefits in this company. I would highly recommend IRET to friends and family members who are looking for a new opportunity in life.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Co-workers
January 2, 2019

We are thrilled that you have such positive comments about your work experience with us here at IRET. Best wishes for your continued success! - IRET Human Resources

New direction is awesome and contageous
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 10, 2018
IRET has suffered in the past from some "old school" mentality. A relatively recent change to many Sr. Mgm't. staff has brought a revitalization to the direction of the company.

This "fresh" approach is more focused on the culture of the company and the health/wellness of the employees.

Although this journey has just begun, there is probably not a better time to look at opportunities at IRET, as there are lots of opportunities to shine and grow your career here.
Pros
Benefits are very solid
Cons
Geographic distance between corporate offices (Mpls/Minot) and the numerous properties.
December 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review. There are a lot of great changes happening at IRET. Company culture is something our senior leadership team is very focused on and working hard at to continually strengthen and make IRET at great places for all our team members. Best wishes for your continued success! - IRET Human Resources

Horrible Management!
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 6, 2018
Decision making is horrendous! Jumping through multiple hoops to receive a simple yes or no answer is ridiculous! Management is terrible, zero consistency, lack of knowledge in this industry. IRET lets the good employees take blame while the bad ones get looked over and ignored. Titles for certain employees are a joke! Learn how to make decisions management!!!!!
Pros
Units are well taken care of.
Cons
Terrible management with lack of decision making.
December 12, 2018

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your experience. We appreciate your candidness and take your comments quite seriously. I’d welcome the opportunity to learn more about your specific experience. If you’re willing to expand, please reach me at dlechner@iret.com or 952-401-4813. - IRET Human Resources

Inconsistent with policy and discipline
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 3, 2018
IRET has a terrible work/life balance and does not do anything to try to minimize the stress employees have to take on in their job. This company will make you come in during your off time and then penalize you for going into overtime. I have also seen several cases where part-time workers were forced to work full-time hours with none of the benefits and be penalized when taking time off. I worked at several properties in the Saint Cloud area and things were done significantly different at each one, and management would pick and choose what parts of policy they wanted to enforce. For a period of time I worked at the property I lived at (not by my choice) and management ignored my resident complaints because I was an employee. I also had access to all of my neighbors personal information which I felt was ethically wrong.
Pros
Discount on rent
Cons
Stressful, unethical
December 6, 2018

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your experience. We want you to know we appreciate your candidness and take your comments quite seriously. IRET has a deep commitment to ensuring this is a place everyone feels welcome, valued, and is treated fairly. Work-life balance for all our team members is extremely important to us and is paramount to our ability to succeed. We are sorry you felt that way during your time at IRET and we’d like to know more so we can see if there’s anything we can do to improve our processes or culture. If you are open, I welcome a one on one conversation and hope that you reach out. I can be reached at your convenience at 952-401-4813 or dlechner@iret.com

Derek Lechner

Acts as one Team, Embraces Change, Does the Right Thing, Dares to Win, Serves Others, Takes Action
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNNovember 27, 2018
Great organization!
Energetic team members who are committed to providing the best customer (tenant) experience available.

They are 100% involved in every aspect of the operations, and take each decision as if it were affecting them personally.
Pros
20% discount on lease rates for any employee at ANY of the properties owned by IRET.
New direction is awesome and contageous
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 27, 2018

Pros
Benefits are very solid
December 6, 2018

Thank you so much for recognizing our efforts to continually improve our culture and associate opportunities. We believe that our success starts with a great culture. Our commitment to maintaining a great working environment means that we want to hear the concerns of all team members so we can improve our company even more. If you ever have any concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out. — IRET Human Resources

Think twice before applying here
Corporate (Former Employee) –  MidwestNovember 14, 2018
There have been so many transitions here at this company. While upper management insists that the change is necessary and that everyone should embrace it, many feel the threat of when they will be next to lose their job. I started my employment at IRET before new management came in and discarded so many who had built the company up. I felt the pay was fair, benefits were fair and that my work/life balance was always where it needed it to be. But unfortunately, the job became so stressful watching so many hard working, good people being shown the door. It left me with a sense of feeling vulnerable to being next on the chopping block. There are better companies out there that are worth your time. Company is more concerned about "industry standards" than providing a positive employee culture.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility
Cons
Management that under minds their talent
November 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the CEO down, IRET is committed not only to providing wonderful homes to the residents we serve but also being a great place to work for all of our team members. We take your feedback very seriously and would like to chat with you when you have a chance to more thoroughly discuss your concerns. Please contact our Human Resources department at 952-401-4813 as soon as you are able.

Employee reduction
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 11, 2018
Many of us were let go due to employee reduction. A typical day depended on the date. Monthly reports, running checks, resident renewals, staff training and vendor relationships.
September 18, 2018

Thank you for the review. I would love to discuss this with you if you are up for it. Please give our Human Resources department a call at your earliest convenience 952-401-4813.

Fun office environment
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDAugust 2, 2018
I love what I do, but changes within the company have made the pay not worth the benefits.

We have been forced to take on extra work, with no added compensation.
August 7, 2018

Thank for you sharing your feedback with us. There are a lot of exciting changes happening at IRET and we realize that there may be some items that negatively impact you. These changes are being made to create more opportunities and for company growth. Please reach out to us, we would love to discuss this matter further and to hear your recommendations that we can stop, start, keep and change. Feedback from you is critical to our success - IRET Human Resources

Company changing for the worse.
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDJuly 21, 2018
In a recent town hall meeting presented by the CEO it was explained that jobs are less secure at this time and that the main focus is money. The agitated CEO reluctantly admitted to firing essential corporate employees simply for being unhappy in their roles within the company. While IRET has changed their mission, vision and core values, Mark Decker and other members of corporate struggle to apply the new culture in their work. This company was great to work for but in the last two years many things have changed and it has become less pleasant. Community Managers have very little work- life balance, budgets are extremely tight making it near impossible to obtain fiscal management goals, and they are beginning to lessen the amount of positions in the field.
Pros
Float holiday, volunteer time, and day after Thanksgiving off with pay.
Cons
High stress, money hungry company, company potentially selling portfolio.
July 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your perspective of the recent organizational changes at IRET. Our CEO, Mark Decker, and the rest of our senior leadership team are committed to a culture where change is led by innovation, and innovation creates opportunity to grow for our team members. Our mission, vision and values guide our daily work and decisions and will help us to maintain a strong culture where we value our residents, our team and our shareholders. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns; feel free to contact us directly. – IRET Human Resources

A very stressful and unappreciative company.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJuly 9, 2018
IRET is a company that underpays its employees, yet expects them to work above and beyond expectations. It is a company that does not lead by example, in regards to the employees being held responsible for completing tasks, yet you wait for days for a response to a question or concern.
Miserable Management
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 2, 2018
A daily dose of disappointment from upper management. Slowly eroding your faith in yourself and your co-workers. A whisper here and a complaint there, you and your workmates were targets of gossip from an insecure regional director. Communication was lacking, benefits disappearing...how depressing.
Pros
Start time was 9am
Cons
Everything else.
ok
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 12, 2018
The company was going through some changes at the top and i felt that hey were not being completely honest with all of the employees about what was going on which left allot of employees wondering if they were going to still have jobs. I feel it was not handeled in the most professional manor.
June 15, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We strive to create an experience that is far better than OK and apologize for the negative experience you had working for us. Integrity, ethics and accountability are part of our guiding principles and we take those very seriously. We know how important it is for our senior leadership to communicate with associates and are always looking for ways to improve. Please contact us so we can gather more details on your experience and determine if there's something we can do to make communication better. - Human Resources

Constantly revamping policy and procedures
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 27, 2018
Very unstable company, they will fire you if you have any sort of out of the box thinking. Every choice is made from individual's with no concern for reality. Always changing Regional Managers, and the individuals at the top are the worst type of humans. If you can even consider them human. Poor pay, expensive health insurance, poor work life balance and did I say unlimited favoritism if you are one of their golden children. Absolutely the worst working environment, toxic to no end! They run through employees like they are garbage. Keep looking this company is not worth your time. You will be sorry if you give them a chance.
Pros
Cons
Poor work life balance and low pay
April 30, 2018

We are sorry you had a negative experience working for us. We are committed to a strong culture and positive work environment that includes competitive pay, work-life balance and an open door policy for team members to voice their concerns. As this was not your experience, we would like to go into detail with you on the concerns you have expressed. If you are opening to discussing this please reach out to the Human Resources department at 952-401-6600. — IRET Human Resources

need some change
Coummunity Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 13, 2018
too many uncertain policies between regional manager no continuity, one person says one thing then you go to another and that ones says something totally different, where do you stand???
April 16, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience and understand the frustrations you expressed. Strong leadership and listening to the concerns of our associates throughout the company are very important to us. The experience you described above is clearly not the experience we want our associates to have. Please contact us so we can walk through your experience in more detail to improve the experience for our current and future associates. – IRET Human Resources

staff
Facility Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 31, 2018
most of the staff was back stabing while I work there keep trying to make us work at other site that we had never been at before as well as cutting on call pay
Pros
never doing the same thing
Cons
staff are two faced
April 13, 2018

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We’re disappointed that you feel this way and had a negative experience working for us. IRET is committed to delivering a great employee experience and we have a deep commitment to ensuring this is a place everyone feels welcome, valued, and is treated fairly. If you are open to it we would like to talk more thoroughly to discuss your concerns. Please contact our Human Resources department at 952-401-6600 as soon as you are able.

Fun and educational
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  MNMarch 1, 2018
I appreciated the training and staff culture. Upper management was very involved in the growth of the employees but sometimes weren't open to altering business strategy.
Pros
Good pay, Fast paced exciting enviornment
Cons
Upper management micro-managing, dealing with people sometimes
March 6, 2018

Thank you for the feedback about our training and culture. Please know that we are committed to effective communication at all levels of the organization especially at the upper management level and are always open to suggestions on how we can do better. Please contact us when you have a chance so we can discuss your ideas. - IRET Human Resources

I enjoyed the job at first, but the culture became problematic.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 13, 2018
IRET went through many changes - I would not recommend working there for a few years until they find their footing. Many people lost their jobs without good reason.
February 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback about recent changes at our organization. We believe we have a very talented team of associates and a strong culture that drives results. Our strong commitment to each other makes it very difficult when structural changes result in associates no longer being a part of the team. We would like to chat with you when you have a chance to more thoroughly discuss your concerns. Please contact our Human Resources department at 952-401-6600 as soon as you are able.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IRET Properties. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about