Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

Found 1,059 reviews matching the search See all 1,787 reviews
The work place was cool and great coworkers.
Record Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 11, 2018
A typical day always depends on the season and business quarterly
I learned about work ethic and the flow of running a warehouse
The work place was packed work but your time flies by.
Pros
Free lunch and drinks
Cons
People have expectations
Record Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 9, 2018
Easy to learn how to get the work done. I internally service the customer by maintaining their inventory through performing and coordinating workflow of record center tasks including put-away, retrieval moves, destruction, permanent withdrawals and any other vigorous task that my manager or supervisor request from me.
Poor management
Courier (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 8, 2018
work 12 hours a day, learned how not to mistreat employees, management needs to treat everyone fairly. The culture could be better if everyone was treated the same. Hardest part of the job is long hours and working by yourself on large pickups. The most enjoyable part of my job was my customers.
Pros
Cons
Two face
Too much backstabbing
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Iron Mountain, MIOctober 8, 2018
Too much drama for me. Worked very hard for this company and no positive feedback came of it. Just demanded more and more. Some people not required to work as many hours as others due to friends with the owners.
big on using temporary employment work force
Document Prepper (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDOctober 7, 2018
work is not hard,training is on a consistent day to day basis because of customers requirements for job may change from day to day. 2 different shifts may mean different types of work to be done per shift.
Pros
job is not too hard to do. Just need to pay attention
Cons
short breaks, advancement is minimal, mgt. sometimes more concerned with how fast work can be done than quality, not looking to really hire full time employees, would rather keep you as a temp or part time employee, not wanting to give benefits
The best
Iron Worker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 4, 2018
This was the best iron company I’ve seen. Leaving was a mistake. Genuinely care about your well being here. I have and will continue to recommend this company.
Great Team Environment
Weekend Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Moonachie, NJOctober 3, 2018
My 16 years at Iron Mountain has helped me to obtain and develop skills that is necessary to be a team leader and a great co-worker.

I have enjoyed every minute with this company as well as my co-workers.
Pros
Positive Respectful Culture
Cons
Advancement
Great Place to Work
Driver and Document Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2018
You can start your day basically anytime you want.
Never in a rush. Take as long as you want to finish your route. Trucks are newer models. AC, power windows/locks, CD player radio. Very well maintained fleet. Manager was a great guy. Always had time to listen to anything you had to say. Everyone was treated like a valuable asset to the company. Other drivers were always willing to help any other driver out. Was like a close family. If i hadn't had to relocate back to Louisiana, i would still be there. One of my favorite jobs ever.
Pros
Pay, Hours, everyone treated fairly
Gave my All and then Discarded when Injured
Records Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAOctober 3, 2018
I came in the door at $7.50/hr and after 17 years of hard work, I never reached $20/hr. I would fill in for everyone else who called in, working many days solo...especially in snowy weather. 2 time recipient of Employee of the Month/Quarter. Recognized by more than 4 customers winning Special Awards directly from them...not from Iron Mountain. I solved problems where some of the managers could not find a solution. I was dedicated and enjoyed my fellow employees and the common goal. Then, I suffered a debilitating work injury and was discarded. Fought to get my claim acknowledged, could barely walk for 9 months while waiting for surgery approval. Never was called back for an exit interview (as normally required) and was terminated as an employee via letter in a Fed Ex envelope. Now 5 years later, I am still waiting for my Permanent Partial Disability payout. Could have been much better.

Ex envelope.
Pros
Nice people, felt great serving our customers, pretty good benefits.
Cons
Long hours, totally production based, discarded once used up.
You guys are a third world market.
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Mountain StatesSeptember 29, 2018
That's just what we were told by a driver from a different market.

6:45am to 7:00am Arrival
7:00-8:10 Team Huddle and get you truck ready for the day
8:10am-6pm or 3:30am or 7pm You never ever have a set schedule of your route

Roadnet doesn't know north from the south or what a U-turn is. Also how hard it is to make left turn after left turn.

I won't talk about the personnel or close management cause our market has been in the downward slope for a long time.
Pros
Breakfasts from your teammates
Cons
Long hours and understaffed severly
Great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Royersford, PASeptember 27, 2018
Great company to work for and they're focused on the future and staying competitive. I would recommend Iron Mountain as an excellent company to have a long term career.
great place
Driver CDLClass-B (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 20, 2018
great people hard workers . very fast paced. lots of getting in and out of truck and hauling around trash cans. made to where a uniform but they provide you with all of that they even give you a 160 dollar shoe allowance when you need new shoes from red wings shoes. should pay a little more . that company has some extreamly hard workers that rate to make more money for the work that they do
Hard no to show up
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHSeptember 19, 2018
I loved working for iron mountain. It was relaxing , in and out type of job and everyone are caring abut what everyone need to have a great day at work everyday
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 18, 2018
From the everyday to the extraordinary, you can rely on Iron Mountain to store and secure what matters most to you. Your trusted partner to realize your comprehensive data management strategy.
Fast Pace, Hard work
Destruction Technician (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILSeptember 16, 2018
In General the company isn't bad. Its good hard work but it is very stressful. No real advancements in moving up the ladder in a career. They do pay for lunches from time to time and try to promote fun activities for the employees.

They have very good Healthcare, Dental and Vision Plans that don't cost the employees a lot out of pocket.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches, co workers are all friendly, Healthcare, Dental and Vision
Cons
No career advancements
A work place for advancement
Image Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austell, GASeptember 3, 2018
Iron Mountan offers a fun, safe, and very comfortable enviroment. Everyone is so respectful. I learned something new everyday with working there. The emplyess are friendly.
Pros
Accomodating employees
Cons
No permintent hire
work experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAAugust 31, 2018
I only worked there temporary and for the location it was taking me more than 2 hours to commute back and forth to work; poor location with a car. The company experience educated me to becaome a better CSR
Pros
nice experience
Cons
location
Scm/ ba
Scrum Master/ Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAAugust 30, 2018
I work well no matter how the culture is. Was a little different culture, but management was good with me. I operated very well and delivered projects at a very high speed compared to all my counter partss
Cons
Managment and training was lacking
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Boyers, paAugust 29, 2018
I would not refer anyone to work for Iron Mountain. The security manager is more into relations with his fellow office personnel than management of his officers.
Thye are a good company
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PAAugust 27, 2018
I love the job itself but cannot live on the pay due to many bills.
Typical day is routing for drivers and customer service.
Also do all types of paperwork.
Pros
love the people I am working with
Cons
pay no raise in 10 years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iron Mountain. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight