Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

Found 1,134 reviews matching the search See all 1,927 reviews
Courier / Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJMarch 21, 2019
Good job, great benefits, great working environment. Excellent management team. Family like work environment with coworkers. Management worked with you regarding personal issues. Overall great experience.
Stressful
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 21, 2019
I can remember that a lot of the times, the scanning machines did not work and affected my daily work. I always got the blame for low production because of the faulty equipment.
Pros
don't know
Cons
faulty machines
Great company
CDL Truck Driver / Shred Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 12, 2019
Iron Mountain is a great and growing company who takes care of their employees. I would recommend them to anyone. The pay and benefits are great. Highly recommend.
March 19, 2019

Thanks for the great review! We’re always thrilled to see when an employee is doing well and feels appreciated in their role. We do strive to take care of each employee, so thanks again for the positive feedback. If you ever have any other issues you’d like to bring up to help us improve, please email us at IMCommunicates@ironmountain.com.

Collaborative and fast paced environment. Able to learn new skills.
Records Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJMarch 11, 2019
You are able to learn new skills and continue to do so if you show an aptitude. They are slow to hire permanent employees and occasionally have furloughs when the workload is at a decreased level for them.
Pros
Learn/take on new skills and responsibilities.
Cons
No benefits and low pay rates.
March 19, 2019

Thanks for letting us know about your experience at Iron Mountain so far. We’re really happy to see you’ve been able to learn new skills and develop your talents. That’s a central pillar of the values we want to drive our overall company culture. We’re also always looking for information that can help improve our strategy for compensation and benefits, and we take this very seriously. We want our employees to feel valued, and this is an essential aspect of that effort, as is ensuring consistent working hours. If you’d like to follow up on those points to provide more details or recommendations, we’d be happy to hear them. Please reach out to us at IMCommunicates@ironmountain.com. Thanks again for the review, and we hope you continue to grow your career at Iron Mountain!

Stressful
Picker (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 8, 2019
It was a stressful environment. The first week I was expected to perform at a level that people working there for six years were working at. The training was near nonexistent, and even when there was someone there they weren't willing to help.
March 12, 2019

Thanks for providing us with your experience related to onboarding and training. We’re actively exploring ways to enhance the onboarding process across the organization, so any details you can provide about your specific situation are really helpful to us. While we do have many skill development and training programs in place for employees, we know we can always improve them. If you’d like, you can follow up with additional information or advice on how we can enhance onboarding and skill development by emailing us at IMCommunicates@ironmountain.com. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts, and we wish you the best of luck in the future.

Unprofessional
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAMarch 6, 2019
They gave you no proper training and expected you to keep up with the rest in your second week. I don't know how a permanent employees are treated, but as a temp I won't go back even if I could. Feel like a prisoner at work and needing someone to let me into my work area and the bathroom. I was told by management that morning how well I was doing so well. However after my work day was over the agency called to let me know the assignment was over. Recording information from files in the computer, I learned how to be fast and accurate. Management did no have too much professionalism. Typical day was spent in data entry are behinda computer off the warehouse.
I did learn not to ask coworkers for assistance when management was nowhere to be found. Most coworkers did not speak to each other, so I could sit there for for 30 to 60 minutes doing nothing. If you were seen asking another employer a question, the manager came over to make sure the other employee went back to work. They required an 8000 keystroke per minute to work there, the day I was told by the supervisor how well I was doing...not to focus so much with accuracy as with the speed. I was in shock after my conversation that morning. I had been an 85% keystroke with minimal errors compared to the 75% the week prior. Yes, I only worked there for 2 weeks!!!!
The hardest part of the job was the inconsistency of how to do the job to be successful.
The most enjoyable part the job was having a place to work.
Pros
15 minute break
Cons
No management direction, never acknowledged a good job done.
March 12, 2019

Thank you for providing us with this information about your experience, it’s extremely useful to us. The issues you experienced with management go against our values and we take them seriously. Trust and establishing supportive teams are central to how we want to operate, and it doesn’t seem like you had an experience that lived up to those standards. We also value accuracy in everything we do, as it ensures we’re delivering the best service possible to our customers. The fact you had an experience where accuracy wasn’t top of mind is something we’ll look into. We have many leadership development programs in place that we’re always looking to improve, and the feedback you provided can really help us advance those initiatives. If you’d like to provide more details or ever have additional thoughts, please email us at IMCommunicates@ironmountain.com. We’re always grateful for the opportunity to gather feedback that can help us create better workplaces, so thanks for taking the initiative and reaching out.

Iron Mountain
Enterprise Solutions Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 5, 2019
Iron Mountain is limited is regards to employee development. Their leadership is under developed. The teams are not cooperative and unprofessional. A lack of direction is evident
March 12, 2019

Thank you for your review and highlighting some specific areas we can improve. We have several skill development programs for all employees, as well as leadership, so any information you can provide about your experience with these initiatives is really valuable to us. We’re always looking to enhance them, as well as ensure all employees are aware of and have access to these programs. If you’d like to provide more information, please reach out to us at IMCommunicates@ironmountain.com. We also take a lot of pride in making sure our workplaces are collaborative and supportive, so we’d like to learn more about the situations you’ve experienced while working with other teams. Again, thanks for providing us with this information and giving us the chance to take action.

Disorganized and poor management
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 26, 2019
The people that work there are nice, but the management is not. Sometimes you have work, sometimes you don't for weeks, and sometimes you come all the way to work to find out that there isn't anything to do and you get to turn around and all the way back home. There is no 9-5 hours at this job. The attitude is that production is more important than accurate work, and there's rampant favoritism. If you ever need anything or have any problems, you basically have no support from your manager. They also tell you not to share what you make with anyone else which is illegal.
Pros
Easy to take off time (it's unpaid though)
Cons
No benefits except sick time
March 4, 2019

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. The issues you mentioned about management, as well as work scheduling are a big concern for us. We do have a number of leadership development programs in place, and we’re always looking to improve them. If you’d like to provide us with more details about your experience with leadership, as well as advice you might have to help us improve our managerial training, we’re more than happy to listen. Please reach out to us at IMCommunicates@ironmountain.com with more details if you’d like.

Another concern is your experience that production was valued ahead of accuracy. We want to ensure we’re always putting our best foot forward for employees and customers, and that approach doesn’t align with our values.

We appreciate you highlighting some things for us to focus on and we take them all seriously. Thanks again for your review, as well as your service to Iron Mountain.

great place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Royersford, PAFebruary 25, 2019
nice place to work
great people!
lot of potential
incentive bonus!
Cafe on site - breakfast and lunch
Team based environment
Several locations to apply to
March 1, 2019

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, we appreciate the value this information provides. We’re glad you’re having a positive experience as a Mountaineer. We think we have great people too! If you’d like to provide any other feedback at any point, please contact us at IMCommunicates@ironmountain.com.

Joe review
Medical Records Processor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2019
This job was not what I was expecting. High demand and quick pace, which was not a problem. Although, all the employees did was fax all day and that seemed not to be productive.
Pros
Nice location in the downtown area of Chicago.
Cons
Paid
March 1, 2019

Thank you for highlighting some areas we might be able to improve. We always want to make sure employee expectations are met in their roles, so any other information you can provide about your situation would be useful to us. It could be a big help as we explore ways to enhance onboarding and training programs.

Please reach out to us at IMCommunicates@ironmountain.com if you’d like to provide us with more details. Thanks again for the feedback, we really appreciate learning about ways we can improve our employees’ experience.

My experience
Pif ss (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2019
It was a great company.. I was laid off because I was pregnant and having medical issues and it conflicted with being able to preform at my best like I had done when I first started there... Overall great company though
February 26, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this information. We’re extremely concerned about the reason you mentioned you were laid off. We’d really like to follow up with you about this so we can understand the circumstances of your situation. Please reach out to us at IMCommunicates@ironmountian.com so we can learn more about this. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Culture has changed
Analyst (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 22, 2019
Would have recommend Iron Mountain a couple of years ago but recently the turnover is awful, the new senior leadership could care less about employees and everyone likes to throw each other under the bus. Its very sad to see as it used to be such a friendly & supportive culture. I do not recommend working here, the continue amount of change and turnover is alarming, most of the good employees have left due to this.
March 1, 2019

Thanks for sharing your experience. We are concerned about the culture shift you have described here, as it goes against our company values and the environment we want to establish. We are actively working to improve our culture and highly value your input. If you are interested in providing us with further feedback or areas you think we can offer more support to employees, please reach out to us at IMCommunicates@ironmountain.com. Thanks again for taking the time to voice your opinion, we think you highlight several important issues we’re actively addressing.

Work Day
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 21, 2019
Day would start with staff meeting to discuss pervious days production numbers and any issues that prevented team from meeting goals. Reporting numbers to management.
March 1, 2019

Thanks you for your review. Daily team huddles are a valuable resource for teams that don’t have the chance to meet often – it’s great to hear that it was helpful for you. If you’d like to provide any further feedback, please feel free to reach out to us at IMCommunicates@ironmountain.com.

Productive work place
Release of Information Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Port Ewen, NYFebruary 16, 2019
Work days are always busy
There’s plenty of training available
Great team work
Clean and enjoyable work place
Helped out and learned different jobs
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Traveling to work is too far
February 19, 2019

Thank you for the review. We’re glad you’re having a positive experience as a Mountaineer! Keep up the good work, and feel free to follow up on any issues that might come up in the future. You can email us at IMCommunicates@ironmountain.com.

High pace environment.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 14, 2019
Overall, a good place to work but rapidly changing as IM transforms itself form a "records management" company to one adjusting to clients demanding services in line with their digital transformation strategies.
Pros
Coaching and structure.
Cons
For a technology company, the comp plan process is very antiquated
Training could of been alot better
Senior Customer Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Royersford, PAFebruary 14, 2019
A typical day of work consisted of answering emails.
What I learned : How records management worked as it relates to retention of documents, etc
Management was ok, could of been better. Alot of turnover with managers.
Workplace culture : was ok, not great.
Hardest part of the job : trying to hit numbers that were unreachable & unattainable without having the proper training in place first.
Most enjoyable part of the job : helping people with their business needs, building relationships over the phone.
February 19, 2019

Thanks for providing this feedback, as well as establishing positive relationships with our customers. Giving our customers friendly and timely service is extremely important to us. We’re also happy you were able to learn about records and document retention and help it serves you well in your future career.

As for the training issue you mentioned, we’re actively looking to improve our onboarding model. Making sure our employees are able to hit the ground running is essential, so we’d appreciate the chance to learn more about your experience with training and onboarding. We’d also be happy to hear about your experience with management to highlight potential improvements we can make to our existing leadership development programs. Please email us at IMCommunicates@ironmountain.com with more details if possible.

Thanks again and best of luck in the future.

Working at Iron Mountain - the real housewives of Boston
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 13, 2019
If you can, stay away and look elsewhere. The company made a trade-off decision to sacrifice its employee's well-being for becoming the new kid on the block in terms of digital storage.

Since I started, important corporate functions such as accounting and HR were outsourced; the quality of service provided is terrible to say the least. Uninformed customer support representatives provide inadequate or worse false information. Needless to say it is frustrating or at times negligent if you receive the wrong information about your benefits package.

The culture is based on nepotism, a buddy network, and politics. Good work ethic and hard work is no longer appreciated; thinking you have some leverage if you produce excellent work and receive the rewards for it is a false assumption. If you step out of line, retaliation is very real and you will feel the wrath of your superiors. If you have a voice and you would like to use it, you better look somewhere else. IRM doesn't appreciate feedback neither are they interested in it. Employee surveys are only send to a subset of employees that is ever changing, therefore it is impossible to establish a baseline. Onboarding is also only an afterthought. If you are lucky you receive a laptop on day 1, the rest of the week consists of watching videos and doing online trainings. And yes they tell you over and over they work on improvements. Only that improvements never take place.
Training is also non-existent, you are either stonewalled by your manager or you simply have no time to do a training because you work at least 50 hours a week.
  more...
Upper level management talks a lot about career advancement and to promote from within. Funny story, people never get promoted, the company hires externally; the reasons are manifold. Either you are told you are not ready, they look for more senior folks or you should be patient. Whatever happened to the thought of giving a rookie with potential a chance is a foreign concept at IRM. Career conversations are really only a colossal waste of time since your goals and objectives and he subsequent review, if it takes place, are only an exercise to check the box.

Bottom-line, IRM is a hypocritical company that strives to satisfy its stockholders on the expense of it employees. Instead of taking care of your most valuable asset the company takes away benefits, alters the vacation policy, leaves a frustrating first impression and tolerates inadequate and pitiful behavior by senior managers.
Pros
Location, office, commute, work from home, flexible hours
Cons
See my review
February 19, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback, it’s extremely helpful and you raise a lot of points for us to act on. In terms of training, we have several skill development programs in place, and we’d like to know how helpful you found them if you were able to participate. Similarly, we have several initiatives in place to develop leadership skills among our managers, so we’d like to know if the lessons imparted in those sessions are being practiced.

If you can, please email us at IMCommunicates@ironmountain.com to let us know about your experience with skill development programs and our leadership initiatives. We appreciate your feedback and take it seriously. The issues you noted about our culture and service don’t align with the values we promote, and we want to make sure all employees have the same positive experience in which their ideas and chances for growth are taken seriously.

Muy buena compania
Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 13, 2019
Tratan muy bien sus empleados es una compania k valora sus empleados y lo tratan bien dan bono anual reconocimiento d buen trabajador
Pros
Buen seguro
Cons
3 break muy bueno
Good company to work for.
Driver CDL-A (Former Employee) –  Elkins, WVFebruary 13, 2019
Make great money. Not much of a life outside of work though. Management is awesome. Coolest boss I've ever worked for. New trucks. Flexible schedu!e most of the time.
Pros
Good money, nice equipment
Cons
Long Hrs, like 90+hrs per week
gloomy bad aura
Select Staffing (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAFebruary 12, 2019
bad management poor work environment very dirty old and rusty
one warehouse only had front lights so they used flashlights to look for orders and if you forgot your light use the light from the ceiling to see very dangerous
Pros
there are none
Cons
youll see when you decide to work there
February 18, 2019

Thank you for this review. We are concerned about this safety hazard and will follow up on this issue quickly. We would greatly appreciate your help in identifying and solving this problem if you can provide more information. Please contact us at IMcommunicates@ironmountain.com if you’d like to follow up.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide this feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iron Mountain. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Iron Mountain.

Powered by Comparably