Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,002 reviews matching the search See all 1,675 reviews
A very Hostile Work place
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2018
The job wasn’t hard it was the culture and the management of the place .... the job doesn’t treat there employees as grown adults..... the employees are treated as prisoners with very low pay
Pros
Close to home, not an hard job
Cons
The worst place to work because of management
Inconsistent
Team Lead- Issue Resolution/ Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Royersford, PAJune 19, 2018
Frequent management changes and initiatives leads to lack of stability. Some poor management leads to unhappy and stressed out culture. Great opportunities to build relationships for networking.Fair pay and decent benefits but a highly stressful job.
Good job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2018
It was a great job and i love the people i worked with at all locations only thing was i was temp not through the company i would love to go back and the pay was good
stressful, understaffed environment controlled by absurd micromanagement
Vault Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 18, 2018
Management unwilling to listen to employee's concerns or attack problems by the root cause. Unwilling to hire much needed help, forcing employees to be overworked and exhausted. No room for promotion within my district. Hard workers are punished with more responsibilities while lazy workers and excused and ignored. Management expects certain employees to make no plans in their personal lives because they're expected to stay late or come in on their days off due to the company staying consistently understaffed.
Good work life balance/no growth
Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 18, 2018
Stagnant career; Success not rewarded.
Good work/life balance
Too many meetings with inconsistent process across the org.
Org culture makes innovation difficult.
Great benefits just too high
Record Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2018
Work hard should be more pay for the task giving needs more organizations and communication skills in department its a great job for kids just getting out of school will definitely show them what hard work is
good place to work
data entry, temp job (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2018
Good place to work, sometimes extremely busy. Overtime is not uncommon during busy periods, and is frequently offered to temps. On the flip side, slowdowns or delays in available work coming in can mean temps are let go for a day, several days, or even weeks.
Pros
friendly
Cons
hard physical work
Work at your own pace
Light Industrial Worker (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 11, 2018
It’s an okay place to work to me . I pull 300 boxes put them on a pallet sent them to be wrapped and scanned. Number of boxes you pull may change the only complaint is no air.
Pros
Your own pace plenty of breaks
Cons
Hot & a lot of dust
Great Opportunity
Account Manager-Canada/Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Royersford, PAJune 9, 2018
Great opportunity to make a good amount of money. However, sales is not for everyone and their yearly sales caps increase too much which is difficult when your best accounts get taken from inside to outside sales.
IRM very bad company.
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 8, 2018
Cut throat, back stabbing, management had no integrity. Management is very combative with a lack of patience. I would not recommend anyone to seek a career at this company. Their is a lack of dignity and respect for the employees.
Fast paced
Record Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 7, 2018
I don't know what to say here I guess I did my best and now I think it's time to start something new and different I just don't know what that is yet.
great
Transportation Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJune 4, 2018
lots of overtime if you wanted it. they really rewarded those who put in the time. it is also a really great job if you just simply love being on the road.
Big Time Company
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 3, 2018
I spent 11 years starting as a Record Center Clerk and my final position was a Special Projects department coordinator. I had a great time with a lot of great people during my time there and I was sadden by the unfortunate release from the company..
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Strict New Management
good computer skills
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 3, 2018
It's a fair work environment good place to learn computer skills. Its a large provider of information management services. People are not a priority. Slow to accept and adapt to change.
productive
Coordinator/Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 31, 2018
fast paced in a warehouse setting and as a truck driver.Management was always supportive to their employees. everyone got along and helped each other out when needed
Nice place to work
Development Operations (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAMay 29, 2018
Nice place to work when I was there. Great team atmosphere. Recently heard a lot of people are leaving due to change in management. Not sure what it is like to work there today.
Great Culture
Sales Enablement Manager (Field) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 28, 2018
Sales Enablement Department was amazing, the entire group would work together on any project. They were supportive, collaborative, team approach, and always focussed on internal and external client.
productive and fun workplace
Inventory Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lambert, MOMay 23, 2018
there was a lot of work t do. I learned how to use a pallet jack and make boxes really good. I also learned how to package items. my managers were super nice. the 12-hour shifts were tiresome but I managed to do great work. the hardest part of the job was the heat in the building would constantly keep me thirsty and lifting the boxes when full all day. I enjoyed the atmosphere of people and it gave me more determination in labor.
Iron Mountain has been a great employer. Excellent benefits.
Records Analyst (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAMay 18, 2018
I am employed by Iron Mountain, but contracted to a specific company to help manage their records management program. I work with other Iron Mountain employees and employees of the company I'm contracted to.
Pros
Working independently but also as a team.
Cons
No cons
Rapid operational changes and overworked staff
RECORD CENTER SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PAMay 15, 2018
Working at Iron Mountain can sometimes be can sometimes be frustrating as there is a very slow mobility rate for career advancement and pay increase. A drastic reduction in staff has caused an overload on the remaining staff. However, depending on where your work, the culture could be great.
Pros
Profit sharing through bonuses sasnd other benefits
Cons
Rework activities and overworked staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iron Mountain. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss