Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

Found 1,093 reviews matching the search See all 1,843 reviews
Iron Mountain Workday
Imaging Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDDecember 10, 2018
Received documents from supervisor to prep and remove any staples from the documents. The documents are scanned and reviewed before sending the files to the supervisor to upload to a server.
Pros
Nice environment and staff
It was good job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 5, 2018
It was a good pretty easy warehouse job, i wish it had lasted longer. I was told that it would last 6 months, I was employed for about 3 months. Besides that I had no problems with my management or job.
was a very good company to work for
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 4, 2018
iron mountain started out being a great company to work for, until they started hiring veterans, some was very good to work with but others they treated you like garbage and iron mountain didn't do anything about it, the speech from them was abusive, and they would treat you like you were in the military and they was still there and iron mountain adapted to that concept...…..having long driver meetings and not letting you sit during them
Pros
the copanies security training, and eye on safety
Cons
work place harrasment
Disorganized
Release of Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2018
Very poor communication with management. Not very helpful when help needed. No consideration for employees what's so ever. Work culture was very poor.
Good company with lots of benefits to employees.
Record Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 2, 2018
Good company to work for. Lots of benefits given to employees.
The workload can vary on a daily basis. It can be very light one day, but can become lifting lots of heavy boxes the next day.

Only down side that I see is the lack of advancement opportunities.
Typical day at Iron Mountain as a New Customer Liaison
New Customer Liaison (Former Employee) –  Royersford, PANovember 30, 2018
There really is no such thing as a typical day at Iron Mountain when you are in the NCSP department. You are constantly cycling accounts and you may have no phone calls from customers or unlimited calls from customers, which all must be dealt with in a timely matter. Job is very stressful, but you talk to some very interesting people. If you don't like talking to people, this is not for you.
Pros
Quarterly performance bonuses
Cons
Stressful, very fast-paced
Fantastic learning opportunity
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 27, 2018
I gained important data entry experience working in a secure facility. The management and work environment was professional, as well as my co-workers.
estrictos y profesionales
Especialista de Archivos (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 27, 2018
el trabajo requeria exactitud y profesionalismo,no havia espacio para bromear,requeria concentracion y consiencia de lo que se hacia,los descansos estaban estrictamente a su hora.
Pros
la jornada era muy activa
Cons
el horario era complicado
Enjoyable working conditions; coworkers were co-operative and informative.
Reboxer; Tipper; Destruction (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 26, 2018
Great management. Wonderful work environment and great coworkers. Would've enjoyed working for them full time as a permanent fixture. Liked their open mindedness to innovative approaches I improvised increasing their productivity by at least 20%. I learned new skills that I may use in other companies. I've applied for work with them since my temporary assignment terminated in 2018 and am optimistic of being rehired in the near future.
Pros
Free coffee and occasional lunches. Free water.
Cons
Productive environment to be involved with
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 25, 2018
Iron mounrain data entry is my ideal job. fast paced fun friendly job to be involved with. the managers are friendly and are involved with the daily operations of the company without being micro-managers. they treat you with respect.
Pros
free breakfast or lunch occasionially
Cons
long distance commute. it varies.
Fairness in the workplace
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 23, 2018
A typical work day in the workplace is very stressful. the management team is very unprofessional to employees. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet deadlines with non proper tools to work with and not fully having the support from upper management.
Quality company with quality people
Director, Accounting, Consolidation, and Analysis (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 20, 2018
I can't speak highly enough of Iron Mountain and the opportunities that I was given while there. Everyone works very hard and is supportive of each other. It's a real team environment.
best job
File tech (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJNovember 19, 2018
enjoyed working there. learnt to operate fork lift and drive box trucks. learnt different places that the job took me. environment was great to work. best place ever worked.
Depends on the location you're in
Data Entry/Imaging Coordinator (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 18, 2018
Iron Mountain as a company is wonderful to work for but the location that I am currently in does not promote teamwork, advancement, or communication between upper management and employees.
Pros
Benefits, pay, room for growth in other locations
Cons
management
constructive while remaining friendly environment
Record Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 15, 2018
- Typical day at work would be heading to supervisor to see whats needs. Once giving instruction you go about your day with each area having its own minimum target goal that you have to be above by the end of the day.
-I have learned how medical companies, law firms, and even police station store information off site but are able to have it upon request next day.
-Management is great, it lacks sight of being able to climb up the latter however.
-the hardest part is working in the winter while your sweating like crazy but freezing at the same time
-the most enjoyable part is the people, everyone works together to accomplish their goal and give help when needed to certain individual mountaineers.
Pros
workout, good money, not stressful, flexable work schedule
Cons
likely to get more sick, can be ruff on feet and hands without proper preparation, mandatory overtime
Briefly
Transportation Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2018
A typical day at work for me was meeting and greeting individuals with a warm smile. Transporting and delivering and managing private media packages to designated locations scanning and moving forward to my next destination safely, in a diverse environment. The most hardest part of my job was feeling sorry for my clients that just got off of their dialysis machine and they had a certain look upon their faces. My heart goes out to them. The most enjoyable part was picking them up and dropping them off feeling good that I completed my job with safety and happiness.
Pros
Would go back any day.
Cons
Leaving my clients
16 years and nothing to show for it!
Record Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PANovember 13, 2018
A typical work day is stressful. Everyday, you're bracing for impact. Management constantly challenges and consistently undermines you efforts.

This company taught me a lot about filing, data management, logistics, marketing and accounting from a corporate view.

Management and the employees do not work together productively. it has become more demanding from management to produce more and to be accurate than making sure that the employees get the training they need to get the tasks done.

The hardest part of the job is coming in and not being stressed worried if you're going to loose your job.

I've enjoyed working with my co-workers and building the relationships with them over the years.
Pros
Working with hard working individuals
Cons
Working with management
I like my job at Iron Mountain
Data Entry Specialist Duties (Former Employee) –  Canton, MINovember 12, 2018
This is a good company, my job was data entry so I did have contact with customers the hours was great a lot of over time they closed my department that why I’m no longer at this company.
Pros
Good work hours
Good place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2018
I have no complaints you can learn a lot. My only thing was I didnt become permanent as many time i have been sent to work there. I loved working as a data entry clerk just wished it was permanent
Love working there - miss my colleagues
Inside Sales Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Royersford, PANovember 7, 2018
The inside sales job was what you made of it. I miss working there. Not micromanaged once you were up and running and making your numbers. Miss my colleagues.
Pros
cafeteria on site, 8, 5 hour day, continuous training
Cons
Doing your own commissions, meetimgs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iron Mountain. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Iron Mountain.

Powered by Comparably