IRT Management, LLC Employee Reviews

Be Careful if they are buying your Property
Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 17, 2018
Let's talk about how they will tell you entire team they are keeping them and then they come in on closing day and tell you good bye. I think it's a practice they can't seem to get away from. I had several people that are working on a property and IRT comes in and shares all this good news and how they are keeping everyone. It's a joke even if they send you to take a drug test it's a joke. Look for another job you don't want to work for people that do business like this.
Pros
they tell you they will spend lots of money
Cons
cant order stuff because of the budget, they bring old people back on properties they cant do the work
Great Community and Great Company
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Leland, NCJune 22, 2018
I have worked at a IRT community and I enjoyed every bit of it. Great local staff and awesome corporate culture/personal. They provide a great work environment with amazing resources to help you do the job.
Community Manager
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 21, 2018
I work for IRT and it's a fast faced environment, as any others are and I have a great regional manager. The hardest part of the job is finding reliable staff that wants to work and understands what our business takes to excel and meet our team goals.The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing where our community has come since we came together as a team.
Pros
Regional Manager and Overall Assistance
Cons
Unreliable staff who expects to not share work ethic
What a great company!! Multi-Family/Apartment industry people give them a look.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2018
I came to IRT Management from a competitor and I'm so glad I did. The Communities are well-kept, management is open minded and interested in creating a healthy work environment, maintenance terrific. My co-workers take great pride in what they do, management provides clear direction and the corporate office very informative and supportive. From top to bottom, class act! I'm excited about the my future here and even more excited about the company direction. Diamond in the rough is all I can say.
Pros
People, Management, Support and Career Advancement Opportunities
Cons
None to speak of.
Understaffed and unbalanced
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJanuary 8, 2018
If your seeking a paycheck this is the the company to join. If your seeking a career long term use this as a guide as what you don't want as a manager, or maintenance personnel.
Pros
Upper management site visits, commissions
Cons
Property investing, sanitation concerns, no check and balance
Worst management company!!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 20, 2017
Corporate office shows no support for their onsite teams. Property Manager expected to manage property, answer numerous emails and phone calls throughout the day, keep occupancy numbers up but you can barely manage your community because of all the ridiculous conference calls and reports. Corporate office does not care and has no solutions to help you succeed in the midst of being short staff and/or no support with reprimanding employees that violate policy. Terrible company
Pros
Pay was decent and quarterly manager bonuses
Cons
The management company as a whole is the con. Not worth the pay and the pay was decent
I love my job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 16, 2017
I'm really surprised to see so many bad reviews about this company because I love my job. It's a corporate job for sure, so it's not for lazy people who want things handed to them or need a pat on the head for every time they get a lease. Corporate is a little bit micromanaging, but that's standard with big companies. I work my butt off, and it's extremely rewarding. I get that when you have a bad manager it ruins everything for you. But don't hold that against the company in general. One bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch. I did notice most people complaining are in the NC region, so (not to throw anyone under the bus, but) maybe their Regional isn't as great as mine. I also have an amazing team and our office gets along great. My biggest issue is that I work late sometimes and office hours are until 6. That's really late when you have a family to get back to. 5:00 or 5:30 even would be so much better. However, if you don't want to make an effort, then don't waste anyone's time because IRT is not for you.
Pros
Pay, Regional Manager, Office Staff, Nice property, 401K Match
Cons
Health Insurance is way too high, Might have to work late a bit
Lazy Management
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCNovember 9, 2017
Horrible environment. Laid back but highly ineffective. Waste your time with irrelevant meetings and training. Staff shortage. No work life balance at all
Pros
Lunch
Cons
No work life balance, lazy management
Lazy management, Corporate does not care about onsite staff.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 5, 2017
They will sell you a lot of empty promises. No hands on trying just put you to watch a bunch of useless videos. Upper management is useless when it comes to resolving on site issues or concerns. Policies apply only to certain people.
Pros
Pay, resident events
Cons
Poor management
a day at work
ASSISTANT MAINTENACE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 26, 2017
a day at work : when i get to work we pick up trash through out the apartments 8-9:30 then i go get my work orders an work on them for the day some days i have to check building lights
Pros
ok place good management
Cons
low pay
Horrible
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 26, 2017
I had a horrible manager!! Micromanaging, bullying, stealing, and having employees do things that were illegal or against fair housing. The company as a whole is great however when you go to your regional manager they will stand behind the manager and bully you just as bad. It's pretty obvious when you have 6 employees quit because of the same person that there's a problem. But they won't listen until fair housing shows up.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management is horrible
Corporate micro manages EVERYTHING
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCOctober 11, 2017
0 support from corporate. They micromanage everything and do not support staff who work on site. not professional and they choose who they apply the rules to. unfair company.
Pros
pay
Cons
unsupportive
Ok workplace, as long as you have the right manager...
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 22, 2017
There are a lot of corners cut. I worked in the Georgia market and saw so many corners cut, that there is no way any other management company would allow. The environment was fast paced and challenging which was great, but when it came to having management support, all I can say is good luck finding that.

My property manager actually said she couldn't remember the last time she had been out of the office onto her property. That's sad. How can you manage a property but you never see all aspects of it. Your property should be a product of you period.

All the manager could say is "I've paid my dues, I'm not going out on this property, I don't have too, that's why I have a staff."

Besides that it was an ok experience.....
Pros
Great maintenance staff and easy to work with.
Cons
Management is lazy and complacent.
Great Company
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2017
Work flow is steady and enjoy working with the public.I enjoy working with the wonderful staff. The community is a great place to live and the location is quiet.
Pros
Works around my school schedule
Cons
The distance from home