Irvine School of Music Employee Reviews

Unprofessional and Empty Promises
N/A (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 19, 2018
This company is looking to fill an assistant manager position with duties befitting a $35/hour role. They originally advertised the position on indeed for $18-$20/hour. After a vigorous interview process where they forgot to call me for a phone interview initially (which i had to reach out and see if it was still on) and rescheduled my in person interview twice, I asked for $20/hour. They asked that I accept a starting rate of $18/hour with an attractive incentive and pay raise plan. I accepted on good will. After i accepted, they came back and said that they actually needed to start me at $17/hour to be in line with other staff salaries. I sent a very professional and polite email explaining why I could not accept lower than $18/hour as a starting rate due to them originally advertising that and the duties they were looking to cover. Instead of sending a professional and polite response back letting me know it wouldn’t work out, they NEVER responded and reposted on indeed with a wage of $16-$18/hour. The next day it was down to $15-$17/hour. Now they don’t even list the salary. My entire interaction with this company was sketchy and unprofessional and I wouldn’t suggest that anyone give them the time of day.
Pros
You get to be around kids and music
Cons
Horribly unprofessional
Teaching at the Irvine School of Music is both enjoyable and extremely gratifying
Woodwinds and Piano Teacher (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Teaching at the Irvine School of Music as a Woodwinds and Piano Instructor for the past five years has been both enjoyable and extremely gratifying. I have been fortunate enough to experience and contribute to an environment in which the teachers, administration, and parents all work together to ensure our students' musical growth, success, and wellbeing. I see timid beginners turn into confident musicians because of the constant support they receive here at ISM.

I believe that a major key to every student's accomplishments here at ISM is the great communication between the school and our clients, a lot of which is owed to our excellent administration staff. Their warm and friendly professionalism makes each of our students and us teachers feel at home, all while ensuring that everyone's musical needs and concerns are addressed. It is truly a wonderful feeling knowing that I am part of a functioning team that prioritizes our students' musical growth and experience.
Great place to teach music
Piano Instructor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 3, 2018
I have been teaching the the Irvine School of Music for over a year now, and I am confident to say that I would highly recommend the school to anyone interested in working in the music education field.

Our director is committed to providing the highest level of music lessons, and supports the teachers and staff with training sessions and world class facilities. The administrative staff at ISM is very professional and competent, and overall the atmosphere is great while working.

Students and faculty have many performance opportunities with the school at local concert halls, as well as world class venues like Carnegie Hall in NY and Kennedy Center in DC.
Teacher Summary
Voice and Piano Teacher (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 1, 2018
It's a good thing when you look forward to going to work , in my case as a Piano and Voice Instructor at the
Irvine School of Music

Soon entering my fifth year as a teacher at ISM I am happy to say that each year has brought much joy through the connection with the wonderful students, dedicated, professional teachers, and a staff that supports the teachers
and students , keeping everything running smoothly.

I have been teaching professionally over three decades and my experience at ISM has been a highlight to my teaching career. As a longtime professional performer , I particularly enjoy all the wonderful opportunities for our students to perform in recital and concert . Guiding them in preparation to perform with confidence is such a valuable life lesson for the student.

It is the goal of all of us as a team to give our students an excellent music experience and as teachers to lead our students on their musical journeys as far as their talents and desire can take them .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Irvine School of Music. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight